http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158027,00.html

Stairway to Nowhere, No Whites Allowed
Sunday, May 29, 2005
By Scott Norvell

A high school student who painted an image that kinda sorta looks like a stairway to heaven had to change it after some folks complained about the religious imagery, reports the Napa Valley Register.

The student, who carries a Bible and has earned the nickname Pastor K., said he didn't want to offend anyone and immediately changed the image on a painting outside the Napa High School art room.

Stairs previously leading to a castle in the sky now lead to a sunspot in the sky, and the castle is moored to the ground instead of planted in clouds. "I don't want to cause anyone to get upset," said the student, Kyle Trudelle.

Some observant students wonder, however, why no one has complained about a nearby mural depicting the Virgin Mary. It was explained that that painting is about Hispanic heritage, so it's OK.

Indeed

KGET-TV in California reports that a white social worker who wanted to attend a meeting of the National Association of Black Social Workers was told he was not welcome because of his skin pigment.

Bakersfield, Calif., social worker Brain Parnell wanted to attend the New Orleans meeting along with five of his colleagues because he often works with minority children. When he tried to enter, however, he was turned away.

"I approached the registration table and was greeted by a very friendly fellow who looked me in the eye and said, 'Are you black?'" said Parnell. "I told him that I'm not and he told me that the conference was only for people who were black and so I wasn't able to register to attend the conference."

"I was shocked," said Parnell. "I was surprised that in 2005, I could be singled out because of the color of my skin."

Bad Girl!

An 8-year-old girl who wanted to sing a song that mentioned God at her elementary school talent show was told the content was too religious for a school function and denied that right, according to The Associated Press.

Olivia Turton wanted to sing the Rich Mullins song "Awesome God" for the show at Frenchtown Elementary School in New Jersey, but school officials stopped her. Lyrics like "Our God is an awesome God/He reigns from heaven above/with wisdom, pow'r and love/Our God is an awesome God" apparently scared them.

The girl's parents have now sued the school, claiming it violated her First Amendment rights.

Stop the Presses

A Dallas-area parent is demanding that her child's preschool change its logo because it features only a Caucasian child, reports WFAA-TV.

Leslie Moore, a teacher in McKinney, Texas, whose child is in the preschool program, says the logo is racist.

"It sends the wrong message," she said. "It's telling me that every other ethnic race other than Caucasian is inferior to the Caucasian race."

Even though T-shirts and bags are already being printed, along with letterhead, school officials have stopped everything and will meet with Moore to discuss trading the offensive image for another logo that depicts the gorgeous mosaic of ethnicities that is the McKinney school district.

What Part of Illegal ...?

A New Hampshire police chief is under attack from immigrant-rights activists for charging illegal aliens with criminal trespass after federal authorities refused to enforce the law, according to The Associated Press.

Members of the AFL-CIO and some 30 other protesters gathered outside the New Ipswich police department to complain about Police Chief Garrett Chamberlain's efforts to curb illegal immigration. Theo Amani of a group called Africa Initiative said illegal immigrants should feel safe when they need or meet a police officer.

He and others, carrying signs reading, "You Can't Trespass on Public Property" and "No Human Is Illegal," said Chamberlain's efforts could lead to racial profiling. But Chamberlain â€â€