Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Study Confirms: Talk radio helped sink immigration reform

Talk radio helped sink immigration reform
    By: Mike Allen
    August 20, 2007 09:46 AM EST
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0807/5449.html

Opposition from key talk radio and cable TV hosts helped kill the immigration bill in Congress, a study out today concludes.

“What listeners of the conservative talk radio media were hearing, in large part, was that the legislation itself was little more than an ‘amnesty bill’ for illegal immigrants, a phrase loaded with political baggage,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Of course the main stream media didnt cover immagration as much.Its because they didnt want the American people to know whats going on.I know talk radio helped defeat the bill but I believe that they are severly underestimating the American people.Its not just people who listen to talk radio that are tired of our gov not inforcing our laws.

While I believe talk radio did play a big role this time around, the illegals have actually done more to hurt their cause than talk radio has. The MSM is leaving out one other important fact, and that fact is that many Americans were asleep to all of this--myself included--until we witnessed their first march in May 06, "Day w/o an illegal".

Seeing that many people marching in our streets and demanding rights they didn't earn, especially with their crap flag ON TOP of an upside down American flag, certainly did not gain any sympathy from me. In fact, it had quite the opposite effect.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    While I believe talk radio did play a big role this time around, the illegals have actually done more to hurt their cause than talk radio has. The MSM is leaving out one other important fact, and that fact is that many Americans were asleep to all of this--myself included--until we witnessed their first march in May 06, "Day w/o an illegal".

Seeing that many people marching in our streets and demanding rights they didn't earn, especially with their crap flag ON TOP of an upside down American flag, certainly did not gain any sympathy from me. In fact, it had quite the opposite effect.
    ...Exactly, Sippy. That's what woke me up and got my attention. And now, "I'm mad as hell and am not going to take it anymore" to quote a phrase from a popular movie.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They probably thought their numbers, flags, and aggressive rhetoric would frighten us into submission. Wrong move on their part.

Talk radio is the voice of millions of citizens!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And the reason they are so popular is because they have the same opinion as we do, if they didn't we would not listen to them. These idiots just do not give the Americans enough credit for thinking for themselves. Give us the facts and we will decide for our selves.

Facts.... the impact on our pocket books, towns, states, and country. crime, lawless behavior.

Not facts.... just yelling racism, bigotry, just poor people wanting a better life. that kind of retoric is meaningless!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    [/quote]
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)