Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Study: Immigrants Leaving Arizona

Study: Immigrants Leaving Arizona
    Economy, Increased Efforts To Crack Down On Illegal Immigration Factors, Attorney Says
    Peter Busch
    Reporter, KPHO.com

POSTED: 9:42 pm MST September 22, 2009
    UPDATED: 8:56 am MST September 23, 2009

PHOENIX -- A new report by the U.S. Census Bureau said Arizona and other states have fewer undocumented immigrants than last year.

The study cited the economy as the main reason that states like Arizona have become less attractive to undocumented immigrants, but Hispanic advocates also said there is no doubt some are afraid of increased efforts to crack down on illegal immigration.

"I'd say in the past six months, there has been a trend of undocumented immigrants going back to Mexico because they're afraid," said immigration attorney Maria Jones.

In particular, Jones said undocumented workers are afraid of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, which has made fighting illegal immigration a priority in the past few years.

"I believe this illegal immigration fight is paying off overall by reducing crime," said Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

http://www.kpho.com/news/21075095/detail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah, they are leaving Arizona and other border states and heading to the Carolinas. I get that feeling just poking my nose out the front door.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't believe for a minute they're heading back to Mexico, or wherever else they came from, especially not those with American citizen anchor babies, which is probably most of them. North Carolina has been their top destination for some time now and the schools are filled with ESL students.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some may be coming here too. I've noticed more and more in the last year.

April
    In particular, Jones said undocumented workers are afraid of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, which has made fighting illegal immigration a priority in the past few years.
    Way to GO JOE!!!!