Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Support for Trump’s immigration stance slips among supporters: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Support for Trump’s immigration stance slips among supporters: Reuters/Ipsos poll

POLITICS
    APRIL 5, 2018 / 4:15 PM / UPDATED 9 HOURS AGO

Support for Trump’s immigration stance slips among supporters: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Maria Caspani
    (Reuters) - While people who voted for President Donald Trump are still largely supportive of his immigration policies, their approval has eroded somewhat since he took office, according to Reuters/Ipsos polling.

As Trump plans to send troops to the U.S.-Mexico border, here are some key findings from an ongoing Reuters/Ipsos immigration poll:

ALL ADULTS

** 41 percent said in March they approve of Trump’s immigration policies, down from 48 percent in February 2017.
    ** 21 percent said they “strongly approve” of Trump’s handling of U.S. immigration, down from 27 percent in February 2017.
    ** 38 percent said they “strongly disapproved,” up from 31 percent in February 2017.

TRUMP VOTERS

While about nine in 10 Trump voters still approve of the president’s immigration policies, they are somewhat less enthusiastic about his performance now on one of the key issues he campaigned on.

** 85 percent approve of Trump’s handling of immigration, down from 88 in February 2017.
    ** 51 percent said they “strongly approve” of Trump’s handling of immigration, down from 57 percent in February 2017.

HISPANICS

Most Hispanics disapprove of the president and his immigration policies. Their disapproval has risen since he took office.

** Overall, 27 percent of Hispanics said in March they approve of Trump’s handling of immigration, down from 38 percent who said so in February 2017.
    ** 10 percent of Hispanic adults “strongly approve” of Trump’s immigration policies, down from 19 percent who said so in February 2017.

WOMEN

** 38 percent of all women approve of Trump’s handling of immigration, down from 44 percent in February 2017.
    ** 85 percent of women who voted for Trump approve of his immigration stance, down from 89 percent in February last year.

TRUMP’S POPULARITY

The president’s overall approval rating stood at a five-day rolling average of 39 percent as of April 2.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration/support-for-trumps-immigration-stance-slips-among-supporters-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1HC2OD

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

** 85 percent approve of Trump’s handling of immigration, down from 88 in February 2017.
    ** 51 percent said they “strongly approve” of Trump’s handling of immigration, down from 57 percent in February 2017.
    I think most Trump Supporters want to see the flows at the borders and ports stopped, illegal aliens deported including DACAs, legal immigration levels significantly reduced, and legislation passed and funding approved to achieve this and fix the problem for the future.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope this poll is wrong and I hope that many more Trump supporters are unhappy with Trump's immigration issue performance considering he did a 180 turn and wants to give most illegal aliens Amnesty now instead of deporting them as he promised during his campaign.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    I hope this poll is wrong and I hope that many more Trump supporters are unhappy with Trump's immigration issue performance considering he did a 180 turn and wants to give most illegal aliens Amnesty now instead of deporting them as he promised during his campaign.
    I don't believe any of these polls from these worthless liberal rags. Sadly I have seen a lot of Trump supporters give this man a complete pass on immigration and it's pathetic. Go to Breibart or GW Pundit. Nothing, but a bunch of Trump apologists.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by dman1200 View Post
    I don't believe any of these polls from these worthless liberal rags. Sadly I have seen a lot of Trump supporters give this man a complete pass on immigration and it's pathetic. Go to Breibart or GW Pundit. Nothing, but a bunch of Trump apologists.
    You're right about the apologies and excuses. Each time Trump does something contrary to his campaign promises the spin begins from his cheerleading faction. If we are to have any hope of fully enforcing our laws and securing the border we must hold his feet to the fire when necessary, not create excuses and make apologies!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, I am very unhappy with Trump's complete about-face on the dear little Dacas and all his talk of amnesty. What's with all his new found sympathy for the little darlings? As I have said before, he is all talk and no action. As an American citizen, I am fed up to the gills with all these illegal aliens and their supporters and their flimsy excuses to stay here. I have zero confidence in this National Guard on the border "dog and pony show." If they cannot use force, what good are they going to do?