Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Suspect in fatal shooting of teen was deported twice

Suspect in fatal shooting of teen was deported twice
    By SUSAN CARROLL and MIKE GLENN
    Copyright 2010 HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Aug. 12, 2010, 12:41PM

The suspect in the fatal shooting of a 14-year-old Houston girl was an illegal immigrant from El Salvador who previously was deported twice by immigration officials, authorities said.

Melvin Alvarado, 22, was convicted of two separate intoxicated driving offenses in Harris County in 2006 and 2007, criminal records show. He was sentenced to 60 days in jail in connection with the last arrest in November 2007.

Gregory Palmore, an Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman, said immigration officials removed Alvarado from the country in April 2008 and again in May 2009. Palmore said it was unclear from his records whether Alvarado was picked up directly from Harris County Jail after the last intoxicated driving conviction.

The second suspect in the fatal shooting of Shatavia Anderson on Saturday, Jonathan Lopez-Torres, 18, was a lawful permanent resident from Honduras, Palmore said. According to Harris County records, Lopez-Torres was arrested and accused of auto theft in February 2009. That charge was later dismissed.

The two suspects allegedly saw Anderson as merely a "target of opportunity" for an armed robbery, Houston police homicide detectives said Wednesday.

Alvarado and Lopez-Torres were charged Wednesday with capital murder in the Saturday slaying of Anderson, who was known as "Tae" to her friends and family. They were being held without bond at Harris County Jail.

Kisha Lambert, the girl's mother, was relieved when detectives called her Wednesday with the news of the arrests.

"I get to put my daughter to rest and let her know that her killers have been caught," Lambert said.

Anderson was shot in the back while she was walking home to her northside apartment in the 1100 block of Langwick. She was last seen alive around 12:30 a.m.

Alvarado fled after grabbing some of the girl's belongings, including jewelry, a cell phone and her purse, police said. The purse was found in the woods near the teen's body around 9 a.m., said Sgt. Billy Bush of the Houston police homicide division.

A witness saw the shooting and gave investigators sufficient details about the suspect for a composite sketch. The same witness later identified Alvarado as the killer, police said.

Lopez-Torres was the driver, police said. He dropped Alvarado off after the pair saw Anderson walking alone on the street, police said.

"It was very cruel," Lambert said of her daughter's slaying. "She didn't have nothing worth them taking her life over."

Lopez-Torres was taken into custody late Tuesday and brought to HPD headquarters for questioning. Alvarado surrendered later, police said.

"They pretty much gave up each other," said Chris Sturdivant, an HPD homicide detective.

Bush called the capture of the two suspects "the most fulfilling thing I've ever done."

"She was 14, plain and simple," he said. "It was tough, but we've got them in custody. They're off the street."

susan.carroll@chron.com

mike.glenn@chron.com

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 50691.html
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Anderson was shot in the back
    This guy as a true COWARD! And a young girl on top.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

It sounds like they were out hunting prey like animals and this kid was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The papers say that she had just made the volleyball team.

This child would not be dead if the Federal Government was enforcing the laws instead of entertaining a political agenda. - The blame goes to all of the politicians that have played games with the safety of the American people for political gain from both parties.

Houston teen killed in robbery shot in back
    HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Aug. 9, 2010, 5:51PM

A 14-year-old girl killed during a robbery as she walked home alone to her north Houston apartment early Saturday had been shot in the back, an autopsy revealed.

The bullet that struck Shatavia "Tae" Anderson in the back then perforated her aorta in several places, the autopsy found, said a spokeswoman with the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.

Houston police are continuing to investigate the fatal shooting.

Anderson, who recently landed a spot on the Nimitz High School volleyball team, left a friend's house between 12:30 a.m. and 1 a.m. Saturday. Her friend and another person accompanied her to the corner of Greens Road and Wayforest. Anderson then made the rest of the trek on her own, heading to her apartment in the 1100 block of Langwick.

She never made it. At 9:10 a.m., her body was found in a field in the 1100 block of Langwick, very close to her apartment. Police have not revealed what items were stolen from her during the robbery.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 46315.html

Shatavia Anderson, 14, right, was shot in the back.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chr ... 49690.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Local Police arrest two suspects in teen's murder

KTRK-TV/DT
    Houston

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say they've made two arrests and received confessions in the robbery and killing of a 14-year-old girl. The arrests came hours after police released the sketch of a person of interest. Houston homicide investigators say they've spent a lot of time talking with the two men, who've now been charged with capital murder. They are both expected to make an appearance in probable court this morning.

Authorities say one was arrested during a traffic stop, and the other came in on his own. They're both from Central America, and while they haven't released a legal status for either suspect, police say they're not U.S. citizens.

"She was a target of opportunity," HPD Sgt. Billy Bush said.

It's the news that 14-year-old Shatavia Anderson's grandmother, Sandra Lambert, has been waiting for since Saturday.

"I just know that God answers prayers," she said.

Anderson's family is grateful the two people investigators believe murdered the young girl are behind bars.

"I hope that they give them the highest punishment that they can give them for doing what they did to my little baby," said Christopher Jacobs, Anderson's stepfather.

Melvin Alvarado and Jonathan Lopez-Torres have been both been charged with capital murder. Police say Alvarado spotted the teen walking alone early Saturday morning, robbed her, and when she tried to run away, shot her in the back.

Lopez-Torres was the getaway driver, they say, and they both confessed.

"They don't seem remorseful, none whatsoever," Bush said.

Police received anonymous tips. An eyewitness helped put together a composite sketch they now believe resembles Alvarado.

As a memorial at the site of the crime scene in the 1100 block of Langwick grows, homicide detectives who took the murder of Shatavia personally can now get some rest.

"It's absolutely the most fulfilling thing I've ever done in my life," Bush said. "She's 14, plain and simple. Had a long talk with the family about it, so it was tough, but we've got them in custody. They're off street."

Houston police say the two men have a criminal history, but nothing violent. A quick check of Harris County court records show Alvarado has two DWI charges.

Both men are being held in jail without bond.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The family of this little girl is outraged that this criminal was even in this country. While my prayers go out thsi this family, I hope they join the cause and help us get rid of these illegal criminal aliens once and for all.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

that's an outrage ... deported before and managed to get back in ...

that man was nothing short of a terrorist!!! this is an outrage ! to shoot a young girl like that in the back , over what ? trinckets !!!

This is the kind of poverty with no respect for human life that''s sneeking into our country on a daily basis!!!

What could a 14 year old girl possibly have that would invoke such behavior! Sorry, I don't believe robbery was the primary motive here, but merely an afterthought! But again, trying to figure out why these low-life animals behave the way they do is impossible.

Any illegal invader who murders another American after having been formally deported should automatically be facing the death penality!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by marquis

This is the kind of poverty with no respect for human life that''s sneeking into our country on a daily basis!!!
    Ten to Fifteen Thousand each day. Obama says the border is secure.

He will NOT authorize ANY of the newly deployed National Guard soldiers to detain them either. Their order: RETREAT IF FIRED UPON.

This is NOT a joke.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    The family of this little girl is outraged that this criminal was even in this country. While my prayers go out thsi this family, I hope they join the cause and help us get rid of these illegal criminal aliens once and for all.
    =============================================

We are just seeing the tip of the iceberg of these murders.

Mark my word: Desperate and out of work illegal aliens will begin a wave of burglary, robbery, home invasion, and murder like none ever seen in the history of the United States.

Related Post

Another murder in Sanctuary USA
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-209193.html

Family of slain teen calls for illegal immigrant crackdown
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-209234.html