Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo Issues Statement

Tancredo Issues Statement on Passage of Immigration Bill

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO), Chairman of the 92-member House Immigration Reform Caucus, issued the following statement after the passage of the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005:

“Today, the House of Representatives passed a bill which strengthens our border security and begins to enforce immigration laws throughout the country. Over the last two days, reformers in the House have accomplished much: we have approved a security fence along our southern border, we have taken steps to end ‘catch and release’ nationwide, and we have slashed funds to localities that shield illegal aliens.

Some said that we couldn’t do it, that businesses are too addicted to illegal labor, that the problem is too complex for Congress to tackle. When it became clear that the American people’s demand for reform was too loud to ignore, our political foes changed their arguments and hid their intentions behind new language. Suddenly, amnesty was a ‘path to citizenship’, an ‘earned legalization’, or ‘comprehensive reform’. We passed comprehensive reform today: we penalized illegal alien employers and secured our borders.

The fact that Congress was forced to discuss immigration reform in itself is a victory for my allies. Such a victory has been years in the making, and credit is due to the millions of Americans who attended town halls, wrote letters to the editor, called talk radio shows, and even defended the border on their own. I thank them whole-heartedly for their efforts, and I am deeply honored by the support they have shown me and my congressional allies.

Today we savor our victory, but tomorrow we must begin the fight to ensure our victory becomes reality. I am well aware that this is a three-round fight, and while this has been a good round, we haven’t delivered the knockout punch. The open borders lobby and its cronies in the Senate will undoubtedly attempt to attach an amnesty to our reform bill. The American people know what the Senate’s plan is, and they will bring political punishment to any official that favors it. No backdoor amnestyâ€â€

Tacredo Quote:
    Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:10
    Today we savor our victory, but tomorrow we must begin the fight to ensure our victory becomes reality. I am well aware that this is a three-round fight, and while this has been a good round, we haven’t delivered the knockout punch. The open borders lobby and its cronies in the Senate will undoubtedly attempt to attach an amnesty to our reform bill. The American people know what the Senate’s plan is, and they will bring political punishment to any official that favors it. No backdoor amnestyâ€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Think about GWB's most popular sayings and what mixed up messages they send:

"If you're not with us, you're against us". Okay, then why are you such good friends with Vicente Fox ? He hasn't lifted a finger to fight the war in Iraq. If your words were serious, you'd hardly call him your good friend. Proof it was a lie.

"Just good people coming across the border to put food on the table" Oh yea, what about everything else they're stealing from the American people to put on their table ? Another lie.

"Vigilantes" Well, why didn't you add more to that statement and REALLY explain what you meant by that ?

"Family values don't stop at the Rio Grande." I guess in your opinion, having family values includes being willing to break federal laws that exist to protect the people of the United States. Kind of strange, wouldn't you say, Mister POTUS ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go, Congressman Tom Tancredo !! Americans all over the country are listening to you and we like what we hear. We want to hear more. Keep fighting Congressman Tancredo, and it won't be long before President Bush hands the keys to the White House over to you !!

The GOP better wake up too, and realize that they should start supporting you if they want to even have any chance in 2008. YOU, Congressman Tancredo are their only choice.

Otherwise....hello Third Party Yes, that is always the other choice

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    This guy is sounding more like he's already the president everyday !! I love it. He has a way with words, and you get the point immediately. When GWB says something, you have to read it backwards, frontwards, in between the lines, behind the lines to find out what his plans REALLY are.
    I like that Legal
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME