Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Tancredo Offers Advice to Rangel in Plain English

Press Releases :: September 17, 2008

T.Q. Houlton 202-225-7882

Tancredo Offers Advice to Rangel in Plain English
    Invites Rangel to co-sponsor legislation making English official language

( WASHINGTON, D.C. ) – U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Littleton) today sent the following letter to Charles Rangel, the Chairman of the House Committee on Ways and Means. Rangel has been under increasing scrutiny for failing to report $75,000 in earned income. Rangel has blamed his failure to report the income on his inability to comprehend Spanish.

# # # #

September 17, 2008

Dear Chairman Rangel,

Like many Americans, I have followed recent news coverage detailing your failure to report thousands of dollars in income derived from rental property. In part, you attributed this to the fact that much of the communication relating to the house was conducted in Spanish, making it difficult for you to understand the potential tax ramifications of your investment.

I am sympathetic to your concerns, and would like to invite you to co-sponsor legislation I introduced (H.J.Res.19) which would make English the official language of the United States.

While passage of this bill will do little to reform our hopelessly complex tax code – or assist you in escaping your current ethical dilemma – its passage may help ensure that future generations of Americans less wealthy than yourself can live in a country where they can use an ATM, call a customer service department, or shop at their local grocery store without having to find a translator or “Press 1 for Englishâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Go Tancredo!
    But my question is a little less diplomatic than the letter you sent. Negotiations in Spanish on a rental property is no excuse, nor would it be if they were conducted in Russian or Mandarin Chinese. Mr. Rangel, you are being paid in US dollars, not pesos or rubles or yuans. You get income in whatever currency from investments, you report it. Period!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I love Tancredo! I think it's hilarious that he sent that letter. I sure wish Tancredo was still in the run for President. I'm totally against Obama and Palin won't come out and say what she wants to do about the millions of illegals that are here. And, we already know Juan McCain's intentions if he becomes President. Anyone here voting for Baldwin? He's the ONLY one that wants our immigration laws enforced.

Gotta love him for sure.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jump_start
    I love Tancredo! I think it's hilarious that he sent that letter. I sure wish Tancredo was still in the run for President. I'm totally against Obama and Palin won't come out and say what she wants to do about the millions of illegals that are here. And, we already know Juan McCain's intentions if he becomes President. Anyone here voting for Baldwin? He's the ONLY one that wants our immigration laws enforced.
    I am voting for Chuck Baldwin. I will be contributing to his campaign first thing in the morning, and I hope everyone who plans to vote for him will do the same.
    <div>
    </div>

Great letter Tancredo!

Think Rangel will respond? Doubt it!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    WAY TO GO TOM!!!