Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo rips Mexican official

Diplomat backs guest worker bill

By Hector Gutierrez, Rocky Mountain News
    September 27, 2005

U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo did not take kindly Monday to a Rocky Mountain News report on Saturday that a top Mexican diplomat said his government opposed the congressman's immigration reform plan while it favored a guest worker program for illegal immigrants that eventually could lead to citizenship.

Tancredo criticized Geronimo Gutierrez, Mexico's undersecretary for North America, for injecting himself into U.S. politics when he told the News last week that he supported the McCain-Kennedy bill that would allow unauthorized employees to become part of a guest-worker program, permit them to normalize their illegal status and give them the opportunity to become citizens while imposing a monetary fine.

Advertisement

The bill is named after Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Sen. Edward Kennedy, D- Mass.

In a statement released by his office Monday, the Republican congressman called the McCain-Kennedy bill a "blanket amnesty" for illegal immigrants. Tancredo has been trying to tout his immigration reform proposal called the Real Guest Act, which would require unauthorized immigrants to return to their homeland before they are given guest worker status and would limit their stay in the United States to 365 days every two years.

Gutierrez said the Real Guest Act was not "feasible" because hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants have established themselves in the U.S. with homes and families and are not about to abandon them while they return to their countries.

Tancredo criticized Gutierrez's remarks, saying it has been the Mexican government's unwritten position to encourage illegal immigration and disregard America's efforts to get control of its porous southern border.

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local ... %2C00.html
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Once again, great job, President Tancredo
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tms

Yeah, Tancredo. That's why I voted for you!
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Smart thinking, tms!! Wish he was from my state so I could vote for him......HOWEVER.....if all goes as planned I will have my chance to vote for him

I may not have him for a Representative, but I might have him as a President!!! It doesn't get any more cool than that, does it
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Scubayons
    Diplomat backs guest worker bill

By Hector Gutierrez, Rocky Mountain News
    September 27, 2005

[section edited out]

Gutierrez said the Real Guest Act was not "feasible" because hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants have established themselves in the U.S. with homes and families and are not about to abandon them while they return to their countries.

Tancredo criticized Gutierrez's remarks, saying it has been the Mexican government's unwritten position to encourage illegal immigration and disregard America's efforts to get control of its porous southern border.

[section edited out]

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local ... %2C00.html
    If they were able to pick up and move north leaving homes and abandoning homes and families to engage in violating American law they can just as easily move back south.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]Tancredo criticized Gutierrez's remarks, saying it has been the Mexican government's unwritten position to encourage illegal immigration and disregard America's efforts to get control of its porous southern border.
    quote] This is the only thing I Disagree with in Tancredo's Statement. It is a written position. Just look at the pamphlet that the Mexican Government printed out last year to show how to get into the United State.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

You took the words out of my mouth Scub!