Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo touts conservative record

Tancredo touts conservative record
    By JILL BROOKS
    Special to the Sunday News
    2 hours, 50 minutes ago

LITTLETON – U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., walked the streets of Littleton yesterday morning, and then led a town meeting-style gathering of about 50 people at the United Methodist Church on Main Street.

The congressman, who wants to run for President in 2008, noted that there was about 30 degrees difference between New Hampshire's Littleton, and his hometown of Littleton, Colo., that day.

"I noticed as I was about to cross the street, the 'stop, look, and wave' on the road, and thought, 'What a great place for a politician!' Then a young motorist stopped and decided to tell me the 'real' problems of today. He told me, 'There are too many cops and not enough lawyers,'" he laughed.

A diehard conservative, Tancredo said, with tongue in cheek, that as a candidate, others may be taller or have better hair. "Look at Mitt Romney! He's straight out of central casting!"

But Tancredo is running with a consistent conservative record, is driven by issues, and has his own agenda. "That which governs best, governs least," he said of his desire to reduce government involvement. "If you don't believe in eternal life," he said, "look at government programs!"

Tancredo has been a member of the U.S. Congress for almost 10 years, and has earned a reputation as a solid pro-life, pro-gun, small government Republican, and is a leader for immigration reform.

That issue is the one, perhaps, for which Mr. Tancredo is best known. "It's an issue that touches our entire lives. Illegal immigration impacts everything, from our educational institutions, to our medical system." He said, "I'm running for President to win back our sovereignty, our identity, and our destiny.

"As President, I'll secure our borders, deport illegal aliens, and prosecute the companies who hire them. And I'll veto any bill that grants amnesty to illegal immigrants."

He also wants to encourage assimilation of legal immigrants while limited immigration to 250,000 a year. Tancredo considers that illegal aliens take jobs offered by "greed-driven" business owners that could go to Americans.

"There is also a great cost to our culture. We need something to hold us together, and the English language is our glue. All the people of the different cultures that make up our country learned English, and I don't believe we should become a bilingual country. We shouldn't have bilingual ballots either. People who want to stay here need to learn English."

"Illegal immigration is the most serious political issue we have today. We need to have a common defense perimeter," he said.

The congressman supports a 2,000 miles border fence to present a barrier. "This is not an issue of race, but a culture and language issue."

We are in a clash of civilizations, and we need to know who our enemies are. In the 'cult of multiculturalism,' we are the last best hope of western civilization. If we don't make it, the lights go out." After an hour of speaking, the congressman opened the floor to questions.

About Iraq: "We created an embryonic democracy, that the people of Iraq must build upon. We need to make the President's November benchmark for shifting control' an actual timetable for disengagement. We must also maintain a regional quick response force with a mission to destroy al-Qaida."

Stem cell research: "We can now accomplish the same goals without destroying life through cord blood and other methods. I am 100 percent pro-life."

Civil unions. "Government doesn't have any role in caring about who you care about, but it does have the right to declare the sanctity of the institution of marriage. Marriage is an institution for procreation, and for a stable environment in which to raise children."

Global warming: "Research is not conclusive on either side of the issue. Is it natural? Most evidence does not substantiate that it comes from human activity, but we do need to move away from petroleum based products for security reasons. We're giving billions of dollars to nations who are figuring out ways to kill us! I believe that nuclear energy is the answer, and we need to move quickly to reduce carbons in our atmosphere. Storage has been an ongoing problem, but new technology is working towards a solution."

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx ... 0b189b029b
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tancredo takes on the Republicans and Democrats with there insane bills and does not care if big business does not help him run his campaign. He knows that he is going to be lacking in funds because of his honesty. Tancredo does not beat around the Bush! (ha) He has courage. It is going to take courage to save this country. The best thing we can do is to help him. Each person who believes in Tancredo needs to send money and hang signs in there windows and cars. Tancredo will not get any type of financing because of his stand. He does not have corporations lining his pockets.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>