Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Taylor to Sponsor Town Hall Meeting on Immigration

Washington, Aug 31 - Western North Carolina Representative Charles Taylor announced today that he will sponsor a Town Hall Meeting on Immigration with special guest Rep. Tom Tancredo. Rep. Tancredo (R-CO) is the chairman of the 104-member bipartisan Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus, of which Rep. Taylor is also a member. Both lawmakers are outspoken advocates of immigration reform. The Town Hall Meeting on Immigration will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Saturday, September 9th in Thomas Auditorium of the Sink Building at Blue Ridge Community College in Hendersonville.

“Illegal immigration is one of the biggest problems facing our nation, and it is a huge concern among my constituents,” said Rep. Taylor. “Last fall, more than two thousand residents in my district co-signed a letter from me to President Bush asking for immediate and meaningful immigration reform. I am proud to say that the plan supported by so many people in Western North Carolina became one of the cornerstones of the immigration reform bill that was recently passed by the U.S. House.”

“Charles Taylor is among the strongest advocates in Congress for secure borders and a secure America. I am excited to have the opportunity to share the stage with him as we continue to carry that message forward into the November elections,” said Rep. Tom Tancredo.

U.S. House members have been holding hearings on immigration and immigration reform in key areas of the country for the past several weeks. North Carolina currently has the 8th largest illegal alien population in the country. The state experienced a 58.1% increase in its foreign-born population just between the years of 2000 and 2005. This was one of the largest percentage increases in the country for that time period.

For more information on the Town Hall Meeting on Immigration call Rep. Taylor’s office at 828-251-1988.

http://charlestaylor.house.gov/News/Doc ... ntID=49464
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

William Gheen, President of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC, will be speaking at this event featuring Congressman Taylor and Congressman Tom Tancredo. All North Carolina residents that want immigration enforcement are encouraged to attend.

I just did some checking and the Sink building has a 500 seat Auditorium.

Map and directions here:

http://www.blueridge.edu/Files/Director ... Directions

The street address is:

180 West Campus Drive
    Flat Rock, NC 28731

If you want to MapQuest directions from your home.