Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Byrd: Rename health care bill for Kennedy

Ailing Senator Robert Byrd, one of only two to have served longer than Kennedy, suggests in an emotional statement renaming the pending health care legislation for the late Massachusetts Senator:

In his honor and as a tribute to his commitment to his ideals, let us stop the shouting and name calling and have a civilized debate on health care reform which I hope, when legislation has been signed into law, will bear his name for his commitment to insuring the health of every American.

Full statement after the jump.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... nnedy.html
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Well....bye.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

April
    Yes, they are going to try to manipulate the laws so they can get someone in his position just as corrupt as he was so they can do business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Guys! Guys! Yes he was our adversary but to revel and celebrate his death is just plain wrong, he was still a US Senator who served his country and he still needs to be respected. May he rest in peace, and deepest regards to the Kennedy family.
    I agree. I disliked him and his politics, but saying I'm glad he's dead is hateful.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Guys! Guys! Yes he was our adversary but to revel and celebrate his death is just plain wrong, he was still a US Senator who served his country and he still needs to be respected. May he rest in peace, and deepest regards to the Kennedy family.
    I agree. I disliked him and his politics, but saying I'm glad he's dead is hateful.
    Well said Reciprocity and jshhmr.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just don't think it does much good to speak ill of a dead man. If he didn't change his ways in life and repent then there is nothing left for him but judgment day. I know all the words I could say would never compare to that moment of realization and punishment.

I'm just glad he is no longer effecting policy or impacting the future of America.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Woke at 3 a.m. this morning and flicked on the TV. It was nothing but Kennedy on any of the channels. It is now 9:30 p.m. ET, and it is still nothing but Kennedy.
    On MSNBC, there was just a newbreak: Two more American troops were killed in Afghanistan today, bringing this month's total to 43; Dominick Dunne died today at age 83, and now back to our special about the Kennedys.
    His death was news this morning but we are treated to non-stop coverage of the same subject over and over and over and over again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think it was any supprise to anyone that Kennedy was slipping. He hasn't been on the Senate Floor for months. The networks have had time to dig up film footage and write nice little bios on him.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Well said Reciprocity and jshhmr.
    ....Its not a sin to hate evil......

Rest in peace Mary Jo!

I agree with Dixie in that Kennedy now has to deal with the consequences of his actions during life.

But, I disagree with the thought that the man is owed some kind of respect as a long time Senator.

What did he do which was ever beneficial to this country? Nothing. When he realized, and he KNEW beyond all doubt, that his politics had, and was continuing to, harm this country and the American people did he do anything at all to atone for that and not repeat it? No, he did not. Instead he just brought more of it, in a never ending assault, until we are now facing the greatest crisis on all fronts that we have ever seen in this country.

Ted Kennedy was the neer-do-well brother of two well respected members of the Kennedy family.

Were they just the average American family....as opposed to "The Kennedys".......he would be the brother that the rest of us on their block would raise our eyebrows over and talk about as being the one who was a good for nothing, no account loser, "hard to believe he's even related to the other two".

I'm sorry, but the man was a slob of an alcoholic, drug user, bully, and his "success" came on the coattails of two murdered brothers, perpetrated by a nation which never got over the loss of a beloved President and was desperately looking for someone to replace him. That hope was hung on Bobby and when he was killed, transfered to Ted.

And, he took full advantage of that vulnerability. But, had his brothers lived and remained in politics, I can almost guarantee that Ted would've never set a foot in the door of the Senate or lasted very long if he had. He'd have either been the one doing nothing while living off the family fortune with his name in the headlines over the latest brush with the law, or been working in the private sector somewhere.

I refuse to put someone like that on any kind of pedestal of respect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast