Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tensions Rise On San Diego Border Between MM & Protester

http://www.fresnobee.com/state_wire/sto ... 6703c.html

Tensions rise along San Diego Border between Minutemen, protesters
    The Associated Press
    (Updated Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 7:20 pm

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Clashes between California Minutemen and protesters are heating up along the Mexican border with reports of shots fired and an alleged scuffle between a state senator's aide and a university professor.

The confrontation between University of California, Riverside, ethnic studies professor Armando Navarro and Mark Belgen, an aide to Sen. Bill Morrow, R-Carlsbad, allegedly occurred July 16 in the border town of Campo. The area, about 40 miles southeast of San Diego, is where several dozen anti-illegal immigrant activists have set up watch for migrants crossing the border. They are expected to continue patrols through Aug. 7.

Belgen was accompanying Morrow to Campo to support the California Minuteman Project's anti-illegal immigrant border patrol group, modeled after the group that monitored Arizona's border earlier this year. He alleges that Navarro kicked him.

Belgen was unhurt and told the North County Times he waited to report the incident until late last week because initially he did not know kicking was considered an assault.

Navarro, who heads the immigrants rights group National Alliance for Human Rights and was protesting the Minutemen, declined to comment to the newspaper, citing the seriousness of the allegations. A message left for Navarro on Tuesday was not immediately returned. Morrow's office declined to comment, citing a pending investigation.

Minuteman volunteers and protesters have traded accusations in recent weeks.

The Minutemen said protesters have called them racists and surrounded them as they mount their patrols. They also reported shots fired, though no one has been hurt.

Officials said many of the reports of shots fired were unsubstantiated but investigations were continuing.

Morrow told the Times protesters circled a car he was riding in with Minuteman organizer Jim Chase of Oceanside.

"I'll never forget it," Morrow said. "This was an angry, ugly mob that appeared very close to violence."

Protesters have accused the Minutemen, some of whom carry guns, of brandishing their weapons and yelling racial epithets.

"They have guns and are acting like G.I. Joe on the border," said Enrique Morones, head of the anti-Minuteman group Gente Unida or People United.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Protesters have accused the Minutemen, some of whom carry guns, of brandishing their weapons and yelling racial epithets.
    Liar, liar, pants on fire! Hotter than a chile pepper! Don't believe it.

"They have guns and are acting like G.I. Joe on the border," said Enrique Morones, head of the anti-Minuteman group Gente Unida or People United

Would you be happier if they were acting like G. I. Pedro? :P

Hey goonhead Morones - is Moronoes plural for "Moron?" :P You must be part of the Moron family if you think Americans aren't going to stand up for their country and protect their border from invaders like Morons and Morones and all the other ilk that ILLEGALLY enter the country daily.

Moron-es, you got a problem with obeying the law??????

I was on the border in Campo. Two weeks ago a moron held an airhorn up to my ear and blasted it. I still feel the effects. Last Saturday night a group of 'humanitarians' sprayed three of us with pepper spray. A San Diego sheriff suggested that the Minutemen go home when we reported the pepper spray attack. That was his answer to the violence perpetrated on the CA Minutemen. I wish every American citizen could have spent a day down in Campo with us.

Would you be happier if they were acting like G. I. Pedro?
    I'm still laughing about that!

The situation on the border is serious...quite so. The assaults that the MMP were subjected to in the name of 'protesting' were far beyond what our constitution guarantees...these were physical assaults on persons and the California LEO's ought to be sued in my opinion. Fired also. I could think of other playful things but won't type them. (I'm Cherokee, you know, and its sorta my heritage...lol).

I believe that ICE could have had a great time and taken away a large number of illegals had they bothered to show up..of course, assault is too small a crime to bother with. So is illegal entry. They have bigger fish to fry.

The other thing that I noticed is that the Californians were not exactly out in droves in support of the MMP operation, allowing others from other states to go to the inconvenience, expense and great risk of doing what the Californians themselves should be doing.

While I applaud their efforts and know for sure that they turned back many aliens I would not encourage them to do it again. Go somewhere where the time and effort would be appreciated. Like Texas.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones