Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Vicente!! What a lovely post.

Vicente, I have a question about your last name, Dubuque. Is that French?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Answers to Judy and Bob

Judy's Question :

"Vicente, I have a question about your last name, Duque. Is that French?"
    Answer : No, it is 100% Spanish and it means the same as Duke in English.

It comes from the Latin duc-, dux, from ducere to lead.

It is the same as the Duce of Venice ( in Italy ), someone that leads in battle. Probably it was a joke or sarcasm in the middle ages, a nickname to a sodier that led the charges against the Moors in the battlefields of Spain.

The Last Name Duke in English should have the same origin. Many last names of Spain were originally nicknames or alias given as a joke, a sarcasm or to make fun of a neighbor or soldier.

Bob said :

On the serious sid, Vic, I am sure Colombia is a beautiful place and I would love to visit there some day. How close to the rain forrests are you?
    I live in a Valley at 5,000 feet of altitude, we are surrounded by colder rainforests. It rains a lot. We are in a month that is supposed to be dry but it continues raining every day. Next to us is a province of the Pacific Ocean that is perhaps the second place with more rains in the world.

So much water from the sky produces many creeks, brooks, torrents and dangerous rivers. The Pacific Ocean here is very dirty because of so many rivers and cascades, the Atlantic is crystal clear like anywhere else in the Caribbean Sea. The vegetation is very thick in the Pacific Ocean Beaches.

The Pacific also has a kindergarden for the Whales of the Antartic. They are born here in our Island of Gorgona, north of the Galapagos.

You see very strange birds close to my home. With flashy, gaudy and flamboyant tails. Some parrots and macaws come to my balcony, they belong to the botanic garden but are free to roam the city. Sometimes they scare you without warning.

Brazil is the number one country in species of birds and insects. But if you make the ranking in a different way dividing by square miles then Colombia defeats Brazil by a big margin.

In fact I live in the Andes, which is the area with the highest biodiversity and there are very showy worms that mimetize as plants. And lots of insects and hummingbirds. The sources of the Amazon river, also shared by Ecuador and Peru are famous for insects and hummingbirds.

Orchids are wild and natural and many other flowers.

With all due respect for Ecuador and Peru, this country Colombia defeats them in biodiversity and number of species per square mile.

The little tiny toads of the Choco ( Pacific Ocean ) are all famous in the Natural World because of thousands of species, many flamboyant and excessive colors and the worst poisons and venoms in the world.

The poison can be absorved by the skin. They don't have to bite you.

That is why they are so flamboyant and gaudy, flaming and flashy, to announce to birds that they mean death.

Poison used in arrows by Indians.

Vicente Duque

Vicente,

Those are not the lickable toads are they? lol

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William I knew times were hard, buthas it really come to licking toads? Actually I got the joke but I'll bet I'm the only one who did!

Vicente I am very jealous. I am a huge animal lover. Why do I have to be stuck in boring Texas? I was practically peeing my pants when I saw a bobcat for the first time a few months ago! Upstaged once again!

This is a beautiful place everyone. The way Vicente describes it, it's almost like a dream. Imagine what would happen to it after our AgriBusiness got through with it?

Oh my God. We must stop CAFTA and FTAA.

You know, our state of Georgia used to be a rain forest and had thousands of birds and jungle canopies.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I can't wait for a Walmart right in the middle of the rain forrest. Maybe they can find away to pay sloths to be cashiers--and spider monkeys are vastly preferably so some of the greeters I've seen here in Dallas.

BobC--it won't be a Wal-Mart....it will be a high polluting factory to take advantage of the low emissions and high altitudes of the Andes. The North American Community Plan is designed to pollute the entire continent by trading environmental credits so countries doing business with the US can become as dirty as we are. I'm sure CAFTA and FTAA will have the same objective so that we can systematically pollute the entire Western Hemisphere. Isn't that "cute"? Those Globalists, aren't they sneaky little worms.

HEY!! I've got a GREAT IDEA! Instead of spending billions a year housing, feeding, educating, treating, jailing, prosecuting illegal aliens, WHY DON"T WE close our borders, deport illegals, and create a FUND OF MONEY and TAX CREDIT PROGRAM to help our industry purchase the scrubbers they need to just comply with US EPA GUIDELINES so they will STAY IN THE UNITED STATES and employ AMERICAN CITIZENS?

Ooooh, an even better more wicked idea!! WHY DON'T WE SHUT DOWN all these phoney baloney two-faced traitorous OBL-501 C 3 organizations like...well....you know who they are so that our major corporations that need new EPA-compliant scrubber technology can take the money they used to give to....well...you know who they are....and then they could buy their own scrubbers!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123