Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trump blames Sen. 'Dicky' Durbin for blowing a DACA immigration deal

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump blames Sen. 'Dicky' Durbin for blowing a DACA immigration deal

Trump blames Sen. 'Dicky' Durbin for blowing a DACA immigration deal

U.S. President Donald Trump blamed Senator Dick Durbin for blowing up talks on immigration.
    Durbin has said Trump used the term "s___hole" when speaking about Haiti and African countries.
    Durbin, who has been one of the lead senators in the efforts to protect young illegal immigrants, stood by his account of the meeting.

Published 5 Hours Ago Updated
    3 Hours Ago Reuters

U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday blamed Senator Dick Durbin for blowing up talks on a deal to help immigrants brought to the country illegally as children and said the Democratic lawmaker from Illinois misrepresented his comments about Haiti and African countries.

"Senator Dicky Durbin totally misrepresented what was said at the DACA meeting," Trump said in a post on Twitter, referring to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program that gave legal protection to the young immigrants known as "Dreamers."

Durbin has said Trump used the term "s___hole" when speaking about Haiti and African countries during the meeting about immigration policy at the White House last week.

"Deals cant get made when there is no trust! Durbin blew DACA and is hurting our Military," Trump added.

Trump has drawn criticism at home, from Republicans and Democrats and from abroad for the comments attributed to him. Some have accused the president of racism. Trump said on Sunday: "I'm not a racist."

Durbin, who has been one of the lead senators in the efforts to protect Dreamers, stood by his account of the meeting.

"I know what happened. I stand behind every word that I said," Durbin told reporters in Chicago on Monday. "In terms of that meeting, I'm focused on one thing — not that meeting — but on making sure that those who are being protected by DACA ... have a future in America. I'm focused on that full time."

Many Democrats have said they will not vote for a spending bill this week needed to avoid a partial government shutdown without a deal on DACA. Republicans will need at least some Democratic votes to pass a bill ahead of a Friday deadline.

Trump has said he is ready and willing to make a deal to help the Dreamers, but he has insisted that funding for border security, including a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico that he promised as a presidential candidate, be included in any legislative package.

The president has suggested a government shutdown would hurt the military and wants Democrats to get the blame if that occurs.

But the comments about Haiti and African countries, which Trump has denied making, complicated negotiations further.

While Durbin, the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate, underscored his account, Republican Senator David Perdue, who was also at the meeting, on Monday said Trump did not use the word "s___hole." Perdue initially said he did not recall whether the president made the comment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/15/trum...tion-deal.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I know what happened. I stand behind every word that I said," Durbin told reporters in Chicago on Monday. "In terms of that meeting, I'm focused on one thing — not that meeting — but on making sure that those who are being protected by DACA ... have a future in America. I'm focused on that full time."
    Why would a United States Senator from Illinois be "focused on one thing ... focused on that full time", i. e. making sure illegal aliens have a future in America? Isn't that against the law? It seems to me that is against federal law, focusing full time on the one thing of protecting illegal aliens in the United States. I think that's aiding and abetting illegal aliens. I think that's corruption, using his U S Senate Office resources and staff full time to focus on protecting people in the United States in violation of US immigration law.

Word to the wise, it is illegal and unconstitutional to focus full time on creating amnesty bills for people while the laws they broke before you repeal the laws they broke. If you want to free them, you must first repeal the laws they broke, then you can give those who broke the laws you repealed amnesty. What you are trying to do presently which is give amnesty to a certain group of people for violations of existing and continuing law is illegal and unconstitutional because it violates the equal protection clause, uniform naturalization clause, ex post facto clause and numbers provisions of US immigration and US Civil rights laws.

Furthermore, the people of Illinois and the people of all of our states do not elect people to the US Senate to work full time on illegal favors for foreign nationals, foreign governments and foreign interests, let alone illegal aliens in our country in violation of US immigration law.

Dick Durbin has been in the US Congress since 1983. He's been in government on a government payroll since 1969. He's up for re-election in 2020. He's gotta go!!
    Last edited by Judy; 01-15-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn