Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trump blames Sen. 'Dicky' Durbin for blowing a DACA immigration deal

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump blames Sen. 'Dicky' Durbin for blowing a DACA immigration deal

Trump blames Sen. 'Dicky' Durbin for blowing a DACA immigration deal

• U.S. President Donald Trump blamed Senator Dick Durbin for blowing up talks on immigration.
    • Durbin has said Trump used the term "s___hole" when speaking about Haiti and African countries.
    • Durbin, who has been one of the lead senators in the efforts to protect young illegal immigrants, stood by his account of the meeting.

5 Hours Ago | Updated 4 Hours Ago

U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday blamed Senator Dick Durbin for blowing up talks on a deal to help immigrants brought to the country illegally as children and said the Democratic lawmaker from Illinois misrepresented his comments about Haiti and African countries.

"Senator Dicky Durbin totally misrepresented what was said at the DACA meeting," Trump said in a post on Twitter, referring to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program that gave legal protection to the young immigrants known as "Dreamers."

Durbin has said Trump used the term "s___hole" when speaking about Haiti and African countries during the meeting about immigration policy at the White House last week.

"Deals cant get made when there is no trust! Durbin blew DACA and is hurting our Military," Trump added.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    Senator Dicky Durbin totally misrepresented what was said at the DACA meeting.
    Deals can’t get made when there is no trust! Durbin blew DACA and is hurting our Military.
    12:28 PM - 15 Jan 2018

Trump has drawn criticism at home, from Republicans and Democrats and from abroad for the comments attributed to him. Some have accused the president of racism. Trump said on Sunday: "I'm not a racist."

Durbin, who has been one of the lead senators in the efforts to protect Dreamers, stood by his account of the meeting.

"I know what happened. I stand behind every word that I said," Durbin told reporters in Chicago on Monday. "In terms of that meeting, I'm focused on one thing — not that meeting — but on making sure that those who are being protected by DACA ... have a future in America. I'm focused on that full time."

Many Democrats have said they will not vote for a spending bill this week needed to avoid a partial government shutdown without a deal on DACA. Republicans will need at least some Democratic votes to pass a bill ahead of a Friday deadline.

Trump has said he is ready and willing to make a deal to help the Dreamers, but he has insisted that funding for border security, including a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico that he promised as a presidential candidate, be included in any legislative package.

The president has suggested a government shutdown would hurt the military and wants Democrats to get the blame if that occurs.

But the comments about Haiti and African countries, which Trump has denied making, complicated negotiations further.

While Durbin, the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate, underscored his account, Republican Senator David Perdue, who was also at the meeting, on Monday said Trump did not use the word "s___hole." Perdue initially said he did not recall whether the president made the comment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/15/trum...tion-deal.html

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dicky walked right into a trap. He "blew it". Yep, he did. Not just with blabbing and lying about what the President said, but with his stupid proposal as well. It wasn't just for DACA, it was for DREAMERS. NO DEAL. It had almost no border security or interior enforcement, and didn't include ending chain migration. NO DEAL. Trump had given them his list of demands. He gave them the deal, stacked pretty high to make this whole ordeal worth it on some level for the American People paying for it with welfare, jobs, wages, educations, healthcare and so forth. Trump was right to reject their proposal. Republicans in the Senate weren't going to support it to begin with. A waste of the President's valuable time. And shame on you Lindsey Graham for being a part of this scam against Americans.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I can just see the government shutdown coming! Got my helmet, gas mask and entrenching tool ready!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm ready! I have family who work for the feds and they are not the high paid ones, but lower paid ones living in a very expensive high cost of living area. They barely make it paycheck to paycheck, but they're ready, too. It's now or never to stop this insanity of illegal immigration and it starts with killing DACA. I didn't support a shutdown last fall in the midst of the hurricanes, the holidays and on the verge of war with North Korea. It's not a good time now either, but more manageable than last fall. Plus now the tax cuts are in effect and we've got an entirely different scenario in play.

In two weeks, Americans will learn first-hand that Democrats lied to them about the tax cuts and maybe they'll realize the Democrats have been lying to them about the benefits of immigration too.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn