Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Trump Slammed as 'Un-American' for Suggestion to Shut Down Mosques

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Slammed as 'Un-American' for Suggestion to Shut Down Mosques

Trump told Fox Business' Stuart Varney in a Wednesday segment on Wednesday that is willing to follow the example set by other countries, such as the U.K., who have closed down certain

terror-linked mosques and revoked passports in order to combat the threat of Islamic terrorism.

"I would do that, absolutely, I think it's great," Trump said. "If you go out, you go fight for ISIS, you can't come back. Why can't you do it? You can do it here."

Varney then asked: "Can you close a mosque? I mean, we do have religious freedom."

Trump replied: "Well I don't know. I mean, I haven't heard about the closing of the mosque. It depends, if the mosque is, you know, loaded for bear, I don't know. You're going to have to

certainly look at it."

The billionaire businessman continued: "But I can tell you one thing, if somebody goes over and they want to fight for ISIS, they wouldn't be coming back."

CAIR, which describes itself as America's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, said that Trump's suggestions are unacceptable.

"Donald Trump's apparent willingness to close down American mosques that he deems 'extreme' is totally incompatible with the Constitution and our nation's cherished principle of religious

freedom," said CAIR Government Affairs Department Manager Robert McCaw.

"The government should not be in the business of deciding what is acceptable free speech or religious belief. Donald Trump's off-the-cuff remarks are both un-American, and un-presidential."

In September, fellow Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson also drew outrage from members of the Muslim community after he said that a Muslim man or woman who abides by

Islamic law should not be elected president of the United States.

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," the retired neurosurgeon said in an interview.

"If it's inconsistent with the values and principles of America, then of course it should matter," he added.

Other GOP candidates, such as Sen. Ted Cruz, reminded Carson, however, that the U.S. Constitution says there is no religious test for public office.

"You know, the Constitution specifies there shall be no religious test for public office and I am a constitutionalist," Cruz said.

A spokesman for Carson later clarified that the retired neurosurgeon "has great respect for the Muslim community, but there is a huge gulf between the faith and practice of the Muslim faith,

and our Constitution and American values."

Read more at Trump Slammed as 'Un-American' for Suggestion to Shut Down Mosques

"Donald Trump's apparent willingness to close down American mosques that he deems 'extreme' is totally incompatible with the Constitution and our nation's cherished principle of religiousfreedom," said CAIR Government Affairs Department Manager Robert McCaw.

Well, it looks like if you have the money you can buy anyone off!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I see absolutely no problem with it if you can prove the mosque has, in some way, supported terrorism or has a connection to any known terrorist.
    Last edited by MW; 10-23-2015 at 11:53 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron View Post
    "Donald Trump's apparent willingness to close down American mosques that he deems 'extreme' is totally incompatible with the Constitution and our nation's cherished principle of religiousfreedom," said CAIR Government Affairs Department Manager Robert McCaw.

Captainron, who are you referring to as having the money to buy someone off? Could you clarify a little? Thanks.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I see absolutely no problem with it if you can proof the mosque has, in some way, supported terrorism or has a connection to any known terrorist.
    Exactly. I can think of one in Boston that might bear some scrutinization.

CAIR's statement is wrong. It is not "un-American" to want to close Mosques that have criminal activity going on inside them, any more than it would be to close any other place of worship that is involved in criminal activity.

For example, churches of several Christian beliefs are aiding, abetting and harboring illegal alien. Those are criminal acts in direction violation of US immigration law and those churches should be closed down and their tax-exempt status as 501 C 3's revoked. Of course in that process as should be readily clear and understood is a due process of law, probable cause, and sufficient evidence to meet both standards including a warrant issued by a judge.

Mosques are not exempt from our law, they are subject to our law, like any other enterprise facility. The fact that religious activity is conducted there is no different than any other legal activity being conducted in any facility. Simply because there is legal activity on-going in a facility does not on its own exempt the facility from prosecution for illegal activity.

So there is absolutely nothing wrong with closing a Mosque or any other enterprise facility that is violating US law, whether it's providing working environments for terrorists or harbor for illegal aliens.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron View Post

I thought the case could happen only in Africa

CAIR is only a bunch of muslim terrorists