Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trump Takes Issue With Pope Francis on Immigration, Climate Change

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Takes Issue With Pope Francis on Immigration, Climate Change

Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:13 AM
    By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Donald Trump said Thursday that he thinks the words of Pope Francis "are beautiful," but he disagrees with statements the pontiff made on Wednesday concerning climate control and immigration.

"We have a country that is going through tremendous problems," the GOP front-runner told CNN "New Day" co-host Alisyn Camerota, saying that the numbers of illegal immigrants coming into the country are causing "tremendous crime problems."

The pontiff, in his address at the White House, said that as the "son of an immigrant family," he was "happy to be a guest in this country, which was largely built by such families."

Trump said his plan to deport 11 million to 12 million undocumented immigrants will be done "through good management and a process" to let "the bad ones go, and the good ones, and there are many, they'll come back legally."

He pointed out that during the 1950s, then-President Dwight Eisenhower "was doing the same thing," and plans that if he becomes president, deportations will occur "effectively, warmly, and humanely." Further, he insisted that Hispanics in the country legally want illegals to be deported.

He also insisted that his plan won't involve separating families, but instead "taking them as a unit."

Pope Francis on Wednesday also commented that the issue of climate change can't be left to a future generation, but Trump on Thursday said he is "not a believer in climate change."

"I think that clean air is a pressing problem, you want to have clean water," said Trump, but "weather changes," and passing legislation that would affect industry would "imperil jobs" and affect the middle and lower classes.

Trump also addressed his latest feud with Fox News, telling CNN that its rival network "has not treated me fairly," but at the same time complained about CNN's coverage of his appearance in South Carolina on Wednesday.

"It's interesting, your reporter in South Carolina, who is absolutely terrible," he told Camerota about her fellow journalist, Rosie Gray, who covered his speech at an African-American chamber of commerce in South Carolina.

"The room was full, every seat was full. When I went to the stage, everybody rushed forward. They all rushed to the front of the room," said Trump.

But Gray, who Trump called an "absolutely horrible reporter," said the room was half empty. "You can tell [CNN owner] Jeff Zucker, I think it was terrible, disgusting reporting."

Camerota, though, stood up for her co-worker, telling Trump she thinks Gray is a "wonderful reporter."

He went on to complain, as he did on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program, that he does not think Fox News treats him fairly, especially pundits like National Journal Editor Rich Lowry, whose comments about Trump on the Megyn Kelly show Thursday night even caused her to warn him about his language.

He also complained that Fox won't put up his high poll numbers, but contended that he does not mind being criticized.

"If I do something wrong, Alisyn, I have very thick skin," he said. "I don't mind being criticized. I'm a smart person. I do things wrong, whether I do ... they can come at me 15 different ways. But when I'm right or when I don't deserve something. I think it's very, very unfair to speak incorrectly."

But Trump said he does not need Fox News and its conservative viewers to win the election.

"I'm on '60 Minutes' Sunday," he said. "It's a very powerful show. I went on Stephen Colbert the other night, and he killed the ratings. It was massive ratings. I did the "Tonight Show."

Trump also continued his line of attack on Florida Sen. Marco Rubio,who has criticized him for not being specific on his plans for fighting back against ISIS or on other issues.

"Look, Marco Rubio sits behind a desk and in a committee," he said. I create jobs all day long. I know more about this all of us put together. Believe me, we'll have a winning strategy. If Marco Rubio is so good, how come we're doing so badly ... Marco Rubio, he's like a kid. He shouldn't even be running in this race, as far as I'm concerned."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/dona.../24/id/693083/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He also insisted that his plan won't involve separating families, but instead "taking them as a unit."
    YES!! Families intact, no child left behind.

GO TRUMP!!
    Last edited by Judy; 09-25-2015 at 01:55 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn