Like Tree2Likes

Thread: TRUMP WALKS BACKS FROM LOW-IMMIGRATION, HIGH-WAGE PLAN

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TRUMP WALKS BACKS FROM LOW-IMMIGRATION, HIGH-WAGE PLAN

TRUMP WALKS BACKS FROM LOW-IMMIGRATION, HIGH-WAGE PLAN

Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty Images

by NEIL MUNRO 28 Oct 2015 2,567

At the CNBC Republican primary debate, Donald Trump walked away from two critical elements of his immigration policy. He downsized his proposed U.S.-Mexico border wall, and he disavowed his prior commitment to curb corporate use of foreign university graduates.

Instead of a coast-to-coast, 3,000-mile wall across the United States, Trump said he wanted to build a 1,000-mile wall, without extending it to parts of the border that are rugged.

We’re going to build the wall, we’re going to create a border… They built The Great Wall of China. That’s 13,000 miles. Here, we actually need a thousand, because we have natural barriers. So we need a thousand. We can do a wall. We’re going to have a big, fat beautiful door right in the middle of the wall.

We are going to have people come in, but they are coming in legally.

He did not mention his prior promise to return U.S.-educated, U.S.-trained, illegal immigrants to their home countries.

When he was asked about the growing number of foreign university graduates now being imported to take well-paying white-collar jobs from Americans, Trump denied his prior statement that described
    Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
    as “Mark Zuckerberg’s personal Senator.”“I never said that. I never said that,” Trump responded vehemently.

Trump even welcomed the arrival of more foreign graduates — “It is fine if they come in, they have to come in legally”
    — and he referred to Zuckerberg as “Mark.”

As far as Mark is concerned, as far as the visas are concerned, if we need people, they have — it’s fine. They have to come into this country legally. We have a country of borders. We have a country of laws. We have to obey the laws. It’s fine if they come in, but they have to come in legally..

I was not at all critical of him. I was not at all. In fact, frankly, he’s complaining about the fact that we’re losing some of the most talented people. They go to Harvard. They go to Yale. They go to Princeton. They come from another country and they’re immediately sent out. I am all in favor of keeping these talented people here so they can go to work in Silicon Valley.

Trump’s answer was linked to Rubio, who has a two-stage plan to allow an huge increase of H-1B guest workers
    — and an unlimited number of foreign college graduates — to work in the U.S. professional sector. Those foreign workers would also be rewarded with U.S. citizenship if they get and hold a job in the United States.

Rubio sidestepped the criticism that the low-wage guest-workers undercut Americans’ wages by suggesting he would act against companies that violate the rules.

“Well, I believe that there are abuses, those companies should be permanently barred from ever using the program again and we should put strict standards in place to ensure that they’re not being abused, like the prevailing wage requirement and like the advertising requirement,” Rubio said. He did not step back from his plan to allow employers to hire foreign white-collar graduates in place of Americans.

Former Gov. Jeb Bush’s economic plan also calls for an increased inflow of foreign graduates.

Trump’s original policy, drafted in August with support from GOP populist
    Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
    — said a reduction in the number of imported university workers “will improve the number of black, Hispanic and female workers in Silicon Valley who have been passed over in favor of the H-1B program.”

Trump’s August immigration statement also slammed Rubio. “Mark Zuckerberg’s personal Senator, Sen. Marco Rubio, has a bill to triple H-1Bs that would decimate women and minorities.”

Trump’s original rollback plan jumpstarted his presidential campaign and has proved very popular among his supporters. For example, the plan was posted to more than 28,000 Facebook sites when it was published at Breitbart.com.

Currently, more than 800,000 foreign graduates are working in the United States, at a wide variety of jobs — doctors, architects, accountants, designers, teachers, engineers and software experts.

That number is roughly equivalent to the total annual output of skilled American graduates, and they’re usually paid much less than experienced, middle-aged American professionals, including pharmacists, industrial designers, and software developers.

Their lower wages help spike stock values on Wall Street.

Trump’s August plan is largely based in Sen. Session’s labor-force policies, which would boost jobs and wages for Americans by sharply reducing the annual inflow of 700,000 temporary foreign workers and of one million immigrants.

In 2013, President Barack Obama and the 1965 immigration law added roughly two million new foreign workers, just as 4.4 million young Americans joined the workforce. That year, Americans’ wages stalled, and the stock market grew by roughly $5 trillion.

Trump’s turnabout on the foreign-worker issue is also seen in his pending book, Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again.

“I don’t want to stop legal immigration to this country. In fact, I would like to reform and increase immigration in some important ways,”
    he writes on page 29, according to a Politico article.

http://www.breitbart.com/immigration...igh-wage-plan/
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 10-29-2015 at 12:47 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, that is disappointing. Didn't he say earlier that only after all qualified American IT workers have IT jobs will the H-1b visa workers be offered positions?

Was afraid that down the line, he would change as you don't get in the white house unless you go with the agenda promoted by those in control. I also wonder about Mr Trump being an independent businessman and being able or desirous to play all the rolls and games that go with POTUS.

MW
    One of the biggest beefs I've had against Trump all along has raised its ugly head again. The man has a serious problem with consistency, which makes it difficult for me to trust him.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He did clarify his position (link to clip below) blame is with the moderators for a gotcha question and quickly moving on.

http://www.alipac.us/f9/trump-speech...0/#post1479926

Donald Trump will politically live or die by the immigration issue sword.

Right now he is leading in the polls because most voters believe he is pledging to deport all illegal aliens and even reduce legal immigration that is being used to systematically remove Americans from jobs.

If quotes like this are accurate and people begin to receive information that contradicts Trump's major promises on immigration, his campaign will eventually falter because of that.

“I don’t want to stop legal immigration to this country. In fact, I would like to reform and increase immigration in some important ways,” he writes on page 29, according to a Politico article.
    W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)