Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX Congresswoman Wants To 'Disinvite' Minutemen

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... an/3183334

May 16, 2005, 12:17AM

Jackson Lee urges Perry to 'disinvite' Minutemen

Congresswoman says more workers should be hired to patrol borders
    Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Houston, called for Gov. Rick Perry to ask the Minutemen not to expand militia patrols of the U.S.-Mexico border from Arizona to Texas.

"I urge the governor to disinvite the Minuteman Project. Ask them not to come here," Jackson Lee said Sunday.

The group has posted volunteers in Arizona to alert authorities to illegal immigrants crossing the border.

Organizers have expressed an interest in recruiting in Texas and beginning patrols along the Rio Grande in October.

Jackson Lee said she sees it as the "dereliction of duty" by the federal government not to have improved staffing in customs and the border patrol.

She said she will advocate that money be increased to hire more workers to patrol the borders.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sigh. When more money is put into the border security effort the MMP will happily go home. What does she think we've been writing, calling, faxing, emailing about?

For Pity's Sake!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Shelia Jackson Lee- Opposition for a FEE

I hate to say it, but she is BLACK, at least on the outside. I can say that because as many of you know I am BLACK. She is from Houston. The area is OVER RUN by illegal aliens. She dare not do anything against their interest even though they are not SUPPOSED to be able to vote. She is an embarrasment to the black community as a whole.
    Give her a call or fax. I doubt she takes emails from outside her district.
    These black politicians are certifiable, self-medicating, fawing sycophants who care more about their "place in history" than the safety of our country and her citizens.
    http://www.jacksonlee.house.gov/
    Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee

Washington Office
    2435 Rayburn Building
    Washington, DC 20515
    (202) 225-3816
    (202) 225-3317 Fax

DC
    Houston Office
    1919 Smith Street

Suite 1180
    Houston, Texas 77002