Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Heated Governor’s Race Turning Towards the Border

Updated: 11:18 PM Oct 8, 2010

Heated Governor’s Race Turning Towards the Border
    With less than a month before Texans cast their ballots, the heated governor's race is turning toward the safety along the Texas-Mexico border.
    Posted: 11:04 PM Oct 8, 2010
    Reporter: Megan Snipes

The candidates are paying attention and using recent events to show voters why they are up to the challenge.

At a press conference in Houston Friday, Democrat Bill White accused Governor Rick Perry of playing politics instead of giving the Texas border the attention it needs.

This comes just days after a man was killed while boating with his wife on Falcon Lake. David Hartley was shot in the head by what's believed to be Mexican drug cartel members. His body has still not been found.

Back on the campaign trail, making a stop in Killeen Thursday, Governor Perry continues to say he is doing all he can to make sure Texas borders are safe. He says now the federal government needs to step up.

However, Bill White says the time for excuses has ended; and now, it's time for action.

All this sparring over borders is catching voters attention. A recent poll shows that border security is second only to the economy on the minds of Texans. And with just under a month to prove they are the man for the job, the candidates hope their stance on the border will have supporters running for the polls.

www.kwtx.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

At a press conference in Houston Friday, Democrat Bill White accused Governor Rick Perry of playing politics instead of giving the Texas border the attention it needs.
    well,that applies to about all of our politicians today!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

A recent poll shows that border security is second only to the economy
    And if you remember the past presidential elections ,this problem was NUMBER ONE and still nothing has been done about it. Oh and then the gas prices took off and economy slumped.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Prog White is a BIGTIME SANCTUARY CITY MAYOR! SHUT UP PROG!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayflowerchick
    Prog White is a BIGTIME SANCTUARY CITY MAYOR! SHUT UP PROG!
    And a cop killer. As a "strong mayor" he blocked 287(g) and immigration screens and processing at the jail.

Bill White was a three term Mayor of Houston's Sanctuary City
    January 2, 2004 - January 2, 2010

Officers killed by illegal immigrants during White's term.

Rodney Joseph Johnson September 21, 2006
    Gary Allen Gryder June 29, 2008
    Henry Canales June 23, 2009

Joe Pyland
    Fortunate survivor of Mayor White (Gryder's partner also rundown)

Richard Salter March 5, 2009
    Fortunate survivor of Mayor White (shot in the face)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: TX: Heated Governor’s Race Turning Towards the Border

Quote Originally Posted by jean

However, Bill White says the time for excuses has ended; and now, it's time for action.
    This sounds pretty funny coming from the mayor of the nation's 4th largest sanctuary city. Yes, Bill White, the time for excuses has ended. In a few days your political career will be ended as well.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas