Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX Politician Proposing Immigration Law Similar to AZ

EL PASO, TX - It's controversial, but one high profile El Pasoan isn't shy about showing his support for Arizona's new immigration law. Jaime O. Perez, Republican candidate for County Judge, is pushing for a similar bill in Texas.
    The Arizona law requires officers to ID anyone they think may be in the country illegally, in border areas that may mean hispanic-looking people. That's why protestors hit the streets this weekend. Civil Rights groups say it will open the door for racial profiling by police, but Perez says that's a concern that's being blown out proportion.

"I think that's an exaggerated claim. I don't believe that. I think that's a claim being put out by people who want amnesty, because what they're trying to do is draw a line in the sand that will force the Federal Government to do comprehensive immigration reform," he said.

Perez says he is proposing a similar bill in Texas that will also call for police to ID people who look like they may be here illegally.

"How can you say it's not going to open up flood gates for racial profiling," New Channel Reporter Anthony Garcia asked. "Well, I mean, there are a lot of immigrants from all over the world and my proposal is for all immigrants whether they're form Greece, England, or whoever came on a student visa and stayed for example," Perez answered.

Perez admits along the Mexico border it will be Hispanic-looking people who are ID'ed, but he say's if those people are here legally they should have nothing to hide.

"I don't think that's offensive, and why would you be afraid to be asked for your identification," he said.

Perez said the bill is not meant to turn police into immigration officials, but rather to put pressure on the Federal Government to fix a broken system.
    http://www.ktsm.com/news/tx-politician- ... ilar-to-az

It is not like Arizona or Perez are coming up with something unheard of just the way the Police work in Mexico.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can New Mexico and California be far behind Arizona and now Texas?
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great news! And Texas needs to get the bill in now, like right now. They can't wait, they have to lead, they have our longest border, they have to do it.

New Mexico should, but with Richardson as Governor, the people will have to speak up and make demands.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegal Immigration SOLUTION

Had the federal government performed the jobs that they were already paid for, there wouldn't be any such thing as illegal immigrants because THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GET PAST OUR BORDERS!

Hmmm... I wonder WHY they call them BORDERS? Could all this have ANYTHING to do with December 7th, 1941? A day that lives in infamy?

Once the dumb-masses wake up and spend TIME on our nation's borders, they may even re-think being so damn ignora... Er, I mean Libera... Well? Let's just leave it at .... "Damn stupid!"

Semper Fi!

Re: Illegal Immigration SOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by USMC0351Grunt
    Had the federal government performed the jobs that they were already paid for, there wouldn't be any such thing as illegal immigrants because THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GET PAST OUR BORDERS!

Hmmm... I wonder WHY they call them BORDERS? Could all this have ANYTHING to do with December 7th, 1941? A day that lives in infamy?

Once the dumb-masses wake up and spend TIME on our nation's borders, they may even re-think being so damn ignora... Er, I mean Libera... Well? Let's just leave it at .... "Damn stupid!"

Semper Fi!
    Right On, Marine! Welcome to ALIPAC USMC0351Grant!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn