Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Critics instantly labeled this an amnesty bill, even though it gave illegal immigrants no new rights except the right to accept jobs if no American citizen workers had applied for them. There was no path to eventual citizenship and no green card. The plan even included fines and background checks for temporarily-legalized guest workers.
    Funny, In those rare instances when I have seen any type of agriculturial job, there is no contact information or anyway to apply! They just list the job as any other ad would, minus any contact information. Maybe that's why no American citizens have ever applied! They don't want us too!
    YEP. I WENT IN SEARCH OF JOB ADS ONE NIGHT. AND I DID FIND SOME AG JOBS....NO CONTACT INFO. AND THE AD DID NOT EVEN SAY THE NAME OF THE COMPANY. ALL IT LISTED WAS THE REGION. SO THEN THEY COULD SAY THEY LISTED THE JOB. I KNEW SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAD TO BE HAPPENING. AMERICANS WOULD TAKE THOSE JOBS IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    We hear this same refrain, year after year and always the stores are full of fruits and vegetables. Has anybody EVER seen any pictures of anything rotting on the vine?? IF they had them, I'm sure they would be plastered everywhere. Potatos are easily harvested by machine.
    MY GROCERY STORE IS FULL TO THE BRIM WITH PRODUCE. NO SHORTAGES HERE. AND THERE IS PLENTY OF VARIETY TOO. NOTHING IS MISSING.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    We hear this same refrain, year after year and always the stores are full of fruits and vegetables. Has anybody EVER seen any pictures of anything rotting on the vine?? IF they had them, I'm sure they would be plastered everywhere. Potatos are easily harvested by machine.
    I've seen oranges rotting in the fields.....however, they can't justify the millions in Citrus Freeze Relief money they got if they didn't. Sure seems funny to me, I live here and I've never seen enough frost to justify this.

Another thing they need to do it hit the companies that bus the "migrant workers" to the fields. I was in Salinas a few weeks ago and there were dozens of white buses at the edges of the fields where "migrants" were working.

MW
    miguelina wrote:

Why would a TEMPORARY farm worker need to bring his entire family?!?! HELL NO! No more anchors! I GUARANTEE every single one of their women will get pregnant while here on TEMP visas! NO WAY IN HELL!
    Why wasn't getting rid of birthright citizenship part of the COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM plan?

As a trade-off, I could support a temporary farm worker program if the opportunity to produce anchor babies no longer existed. I'm willing to give a little on a temporary farm worker plan that does not include path to citizenship. However, for the deal I want birthright citizenship rescinded.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, always remember this..."There is nothing more permanent than a 'temporary' worker".

More "crops rotting in the field" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    MW, always remember this..."There is nothing more permanent than a 'temporary' worker".
    You got that right zeezil! Once they are here, there is not a chance in you know what they are ever going back! Further, I would bet there is no system in place to verify if they ever go back!

It's probably based upon the honor system.

My step-son moved to Cali with his mother about 10 months ago. He returned to PA a month ago. I asked him why he left. He said he was scared because he couldn't get a job and the spanish people there were always "eyeing him up." He told me that one place he went to put in an application, he filled it out right there, hoping for an on-the-spot interview. (He has an excellent work history, is 22 yrs old.) A hispanic woman entered, and the manager and the woman went into the office speaking in Spanish. They came out a short time later. The manager told my step son not to bother filling out the app because the position had just been filled.

He said he was so disgusted he threw the papers down on the floor after tearing them to shreds.

He is now re-employed at his old job. He goes to work every day, he doesn't cause problems, is generally a good person. No excuse for the way he was treated.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12