Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

First set up a method for employeers to verify SSN's of their employees. Then give them 3 months to get it done. Then let ICE do some checking with the social security and IRS databases. Change the laws making the CEO or the business owner responsible, no excuses. After all they don't want to go to jail for somthing the HR guy did, company hiring policy would change overnight. 6 months (Fixed Sentence, no parole) for each illegal employed by the company + a $25,000 fine for each as well, no exceptions. You wouldn't have to make an example out of many to see some massive results. This would have a many fold purpose. 1) By going after the employeers and not the workers, any racist cries would short lived. 2) Without jobs, most would pack up and leave with the money they have in a hurry, it goes a lot farther south of the border and to stay here would just have them spending what they have at an accelerated rate.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Unemployment always dips in the summer due to increased farm, tourist and construction activity.
    That might be why the unemployment statistics are seasonally adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    That is correct. If you have been off benefits due to the length of unemployment which is 2 years, then you are in fact dropped from the rolls and no longer counted as unemployed.
    This is false. Length of unemployment and whether or not benefits are being collected is not a factor in determining the unemployment rate.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_faq.htm#Ques5

Here is the link to the US Department of Labor that describes "who is counted as unemployed" in their statistics.

The criteria:

"Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have "actively" looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are available for work."

To be counted, you have to go around to at least 3 employers and get them to sign a form that you appeared and tried to find a job. Then you carry these forms down to the local ESC office and get your check until the money runs out. When you are out of benefits, few go through this ordeal. They still look for work, they just don't ask for the forms to be signed and certainly don't bother taking them to the ESC office. Why would they?

Also:

"Persons who were not working and were waiting to be called back to a job from which they had been temporarily laid off."

It's not clear whether these who defined as unemployed are being counted. They are not listed as being counted. When I had to close my warehouse operation, my employees were on a program for part-time unemployed where we had to reduce hours and they could receive a partial unemployment check. Then they went on full temporary unemployment while we tried to find new customers and during this period they ran out of benefits. Soon after, it was clear that with the closing of many plants who were potential new customers that we could service with our warehouse operation, there were more services available in our community than potential customers and we suspended operations indefinitely. According to this link, my employees who were on temporary unemployment waiting for a recall were apparently not counted as available for work.

Our local ESC office keeps their records for two years I was told. But according to this, the Bureau of Labor Statistics drops them off every 4 weeks if they don't present their forms proving they were "actively" looking for work.

Jose, perhaps you have some better information to share with the forum so we can better understand what a federal unemployment rate really means.

For example, last year this time our unemployment rate in our county was almost 13%. This year it is 9% and we've lost another 1,000 manufacturing jobs since this time last year. There has been 1 new industry open up hiring 25 people. All the construction jobs are now 100% hispanic new arrivals that don't speak English--presumed illegals and with all the "advocacy" for undocumented workers, this appears to be the case. These jobs used to be filled with American Workers. Our unemployment rate is the second highest in the state. Last year, this time, we were the third highest in the state.

Jose, maybe you can explain how our unemployment rate went down since last year when unemployment went up. That would be very helpful to our trying to understand how many unemployed legal workers we have in our county and might help others across the country trying to get a handle on this as well.

Thanks!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Department of Labor uses a statistical technique to adjust for seasonal fluctuations and reports the rate as seasonally adjusted.

Jose, with your grasp of this, does this mean there are MORE unemployed during the summer than the rate reflects or LESS unemployed than the number reflects?

It has always seemed to me that the seasonally adjusted number shows LESS unemployed than the real number of unemployed. How many unemployed persons unemployed during the "summer" are not counted or adjusted out and vice versa how many employed persons during the "summer" are counted but who actually have jobs? What exactly is the purpose of a "seasonal adjustment" from your viewpoint? If a new employer wants to know how many workers are available, how does he/she determine this exactly from the "seasonally adjusted" number? Wouldn't they have to go to the "non-adjusted" number? And if employers would need the "non-adjusted" number, why wouldn't Americans be most interested in the "non-adjusted" number?

Thanks!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great Research Judy. The government always "adjusts" the numbers to make themselves look good. What happens to a business that makes "adjustments" to their books?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Thanks JP! I hope it helps people reach a better understanding of the unemployment problem in the US...because it is a very big problem...and the numbers are not reflecting the seriousness of it.

America is in a state of war. The economic health of America is a part of the war. Osama mentioned targeting the American economy directly. Unless I'm mistaken, all economic data is now released from or after review by the Department of Homeland Security. What is released regarding the strength or weakness of the American economy is considered important to the war.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    America is in a state of war. The economic health of America is a part of the war. Osama mentioned targeting the American economy directly. Unless I'm mistaken, all economic data is now released from or after review by the Department of Homeland Security. What is released regarding the strength or weakness of the American economy is considered important to the war.

W

W,
    They might be spreading false propaganda about our economy due to the war, but they have always been doing it this way or at least as far as I know for the past 20 years.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

WOWIE ZOWIE!!

I did not know that Homeland Security reviewed Labor Department figures or that these reports were subject to a war council type review before being released.

THIS MEANS:

WE HAVE NO CLUE HOW MANY UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS THERE ARE WHICH IS WHY NONE OF THE FIGURES MATCH THE UNEMPLOYED ON THE GROUND.

IT COULD ALSO MEAN:

The lower the unemployment rates, the greater justication for say....globalists wanting to flood our nation with immigrations ..... employers whining about jobs Americans won't do.....amnesty for illegals....cries that farmers can get their crops out of the field.... cries from Moms that need foreign nannies....cries that industry can't find workers at a cheap enough wage...blah blah blah blah....

Hmmmm. This explains alot!! I'm now convinced the unemployment is substantially higher than these reports indicate. Add that to all of the massive underemployment and you've got an America on the Brink!!

WHICH NOW MATCHES:

1) size of national debt

2) size of trade deficit

3) size of uninsured population

4) size of the income gap

5) junk bonds at GM and Ford

6) massive layoffs at GM

7) large layoffs at Ford

8) size of personal credit card debt

9) size of personal savings

10) 100% financing to sell homes

11) middle class priced out of home market

12) change in the bankruptcy law

13) etc. etc. etc.

When a nation is at full employment, you do not have items 1-13.

See?

The Secretary of the Department of Labor is Elaine Chao. Until about 3 weeks ago, I thought she was Korean. I heard her speak and didn't like her attitude or her content regarding foreign workers...way over the top for a Cabinet Member. So, I researched her. She is actually an immigrant from China.

See?

She is also married to a United States GOP Senator from Kentucky, Mitch McConnell.

See?

Hmmm....connect the dots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast