Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: U.S. military to build 6 tent cities near border for migrants

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. military to build 6 tent cities near border for migrants

U.S. military to build 6 tent cities near border for migrants

The tents will likely not be on military bases, and ICE, not the military, will be responsible for migrant detention and custodial support.

A tent city set up to hold immigrant children separated from their parents or who crossed the U.S. border on their own, is seen in Tornillo, Texas in this U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) image released on October 12, 2018.HHS / Reuters file

May 15, 2019, 1:34 PM PDT
    By Courtney Kube

WASHINGTON — The U.S. military is going to provide and build tents to house 7,500 migrantsat six locations near the border.

A Defense Department spokesperson confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security made the request and a Defense official said Acting Secretary Patrick Shanahan is expected to sign the request.

The tents will probably not be on military bases, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, not the military, will be responsible for migrant detention and custodial support.

Inside new tent cities opening to house migrants along Southern border

MAY 2, 201901:46

In a statement, a Defense Department spokesman said that DHS made the "Request for Assistance (RFA)" from the Defense Department on May 9.

"After discussions with DHS on the details of the RFA, DHS has agreed to ask that DoD will loan and erect on-hand DoD tents in support of ICE, and provide contracting support to ICE for wrap-around services for which ICE will reimburse DoD," said Maj. Chris Mitchell. "DoD will not provide detention or custodial support for detained aliens at these ICE detention facilities."
    The announcement came as senior administration officials confirmed that President Donald Trump will roll out a two-pronged immigration proposal on Thursday that would make sweeping changes to the legal immigration system and enhance border security.

The plan, which Trump is expected to announce during an afternoon speech, avoids some of the most hot-button immigration issues of the day — including a growing backlog of asylum seekers and the status of so-called "Dreamers" — and is almost certainly doomed on Capitol Hill.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/u-s-military-build-6-tent-cities-border-migrants-n1006161
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO TENT CITIES!

YOU LIE ABOUT NOT WAREHOUSING MILLIONS OF THESE CRIMINAL TRESPASSING ILLEGAL ALIENS

SET UP A BUS STATION AND BUS THEM BACK WITHIN 48 HOURS!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    If tent cities is what it takes to end catch & release, I'm all for it. I say build as many as it takes if it helps to cut down the number of illegals and asylum claimants with bogus credible fear claims being released into our interior! Contrary to what Trump recently tweeted, many of those being released will never be heard from again unless they get caught committing or participating in criminal activity.

Catch & release has to end now!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    If tent cities is what it takes to end catch & release, I'm all for it. I say build as many as it takes if it helps to cut down the number of illegals and asylum claimants with bogus credible fear claims being released into our interior! Contrary to what Trump recently tweeted, many of those being released will never be heard from again unless they get caught committing or participating in criminal activity.

Catch & release has to end now!
    The last 2 tents they spent 38 million on--- the average stay was 48 hours and 76 hours at the longest before they were released into the country. I strongly suspect this is more of the same. A place to pamper them before they turn them loose.
    6 tents will not hold 1,000,000+++++++ people.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    The last 2 tents they spent 38 million on--- the average stay was 48 hours and 76 hours at the longest before they were released into the country. I strongly suspect this is more of the same. A place to pamper them before they turn them loose.
    6 tents will not hold 1,000,000+++++++ people.
    You're missing my point. I'm calling for them to keep illegals detained until they are deported and asylum claimants detained until their cases have been adjudicated.

I'm not saying what the have done or may have planned, I'm just stating what I want to see done. Trump promised to end catch & release long ago but all that has happened is the problem has progressively gotten worse and more and more are being released into our interior. It's ridiculous and it must end.

END CATCH & RELEASE NOW!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You'll need new laws to end Catch and Release. The President issued an Executive Order to end Catch and Release in the first few months of this administration. It was challenged in court on multiple levels, right to bail, UAC law, the asylum laws and the 1997 Flores Agreement. So far, have lost all cases across the board, except for the recent 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling on asylum seekers who can be forced to remain in Mexico until their asylum hearing.
    Last edited by Judy; 05-19-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You'll need new laws to end Catch and Release. The President issued an Executive Order to end Catch and Release in the first few months of this administration. It was challenged in court on multiple levels, right to bail, UAC law, the asylum laws and the 1997 Flores Agreement. So far, have lost all cases across the board, except for the recent 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling on asylum seekers who can be forced to remain in Mexico until their asylum hearing.
    Have you read any details of these court cases? I have to look into these? I realize there's been some litigation over this all. You've been bringing up some good points about what has been transpiring in the courts but I want to see them with my own eyes. Again, Trump is OBVIOUSLY following a Central American invasion plan that has been laid out for him. He could shut our border down with Mexico UNTIL the Mexican government stops the flow of these invaders northward but he backed down on this. Mexico could stop most of these people coming up north, but they aren't doing so. THERE'S A PLAN BEING IMPLEMENTED and the LOGISTICAL OPERATION to move these people up north and to our border is being HIDDEN FROM US!!!!! The #'s coming up here are simply too large for this to just be happening on it's own without GOVERNMENTAL APPROVAL and COOPERATION. Trump could ask Mexico to set up and JOINT MILITARY OPERATION on the Southern Mexican border to stop the flow????? He's NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS!!!!! He could also invoke the INSURRECTION ACT and have our troops on the border line with MICROWAVE TRUCKS to repel the invasion. That isn't going to happen either. We're getting SCREWED. Those 6 tent cities are being built as holding facilites until the invaders can be flown off to the interior of the nation and there's ZERO END to the process. This is INDEFINITE!!!!! The DEMOCRATS aren't going to change any laws with Trump. He needs to take UNILATERAL ACTION and there are ways he can do so, but he obviously has NO PLANS to do so.
    Last edited by tonyklo; 05-19-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyklo View Post
    Again, Trump is OBVIOUSLY following a Central American invasion plan that has been laid out for him.
    Allow Nikki Haley to tell you who was aiding and abetting the caravans. It is Trump and our own government. For those who are willing to listen and not be in denial, they are telling us what they are doing. They are not even keeping it a secret any longer.

@3 minute mark listen to Nikki Haley tell us the UN led by the US had teams along the caravan route to give health care and safety

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    Allow Nikki Haley to tell you who was aiding and abetting the caravans. It is Trump and our own government. For those who are willing to listen and not be in denial, they are telling us what they are doing. They are not even keeping it a secret any longer.

@3 minute mark listen to Nikki Haley tell us the UN led by the US had teams along the caravan route to give health care and safety

THANKYOU!!!!! I missed this and would have continued to miss this because I can't even look at this dirtbag women let alone listen to anything she has to say!!!!! "SMOKING GUN"!!!!! "WOW"!!!!!

ANY FOOL could see what's been going on here. I saw what was going on months ago. WE NEED TO GET THE WORD OUT at events and on streets across the nation. This video needs to get burned on CD and handed out at protests!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyklo View Post

THANKYOU!!!!! I missed this and would have continued to miss this because I can't even look at this dirtbag women let alone listen to anything she has to say!!!!! "SMOKING GUN"!!!!! "WOW"!!!!!

ANY FOOL could see what's been going on here. I saw what was going on months ago. WE NEED TO GET THE WORD OUT at events and on streets across the nation. This video needs to get burned on CD and handed out at protests!!!!!

That is the reason I have already posted it on 3 threads here, we need to spread it far and wide.

Of course we have to ignore the "Trump is doing all he can, Trump just needs Congress". People have to realize that is part of their brain washing technique, as they bring them in. That is part of "the plan" as they bring people just lie to the people and say nothing we can do. Sad to see so many falling for their lies, but many are NOT.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast