Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Reps Visit to Study Border Security Methods, Training

U.S. representatives visit to study border security methods and training
    By Adriana Gómez Licón / El Paso Times
    Posted: 01/31/2011 11:15:20 AM MST

At least four U.S. representatives will head to the border tonight to study border security methods and training, said the office of U.S. Rep. Steve Pearce, R-N.M.

Republican congressman Phil Gingrey, of Georgia, leads the delegation which includes Pearce and two other members of the House of Representatives. The congressmen will go to border areas around El Paso. They will visit the community center in Columbus, N.M., at noon on Tuesday for a public hearing with local ranchers and business owners. Afterward, they will visit Playas, N.M., to review training methods of U.S. Border Patrol officers.

"I want to help get beyond the beltway rhetoric of border security, and work toward solutions that reflect the complexity of the problem," said Pearce in a statement. "Lives are at stake on the border, and lives have already been lost."

Pearce called the response to the border situation "inadequate" and border security "weak." The congressmen will study firsthand issues such as drug and gun trafficking, his office said. Pearce said drug cartels present a threat to border areas that have seen rampant violence in the past few years.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_17250147

In my humble opinion which I shall gladly share here.

This is nothing more than a dog and pony show put together by some little committee somewhere so they could belly up to some bar somewhere and use that taxpayer gold credit card we have issued them.

They would get the same answers just by watching one episode of cops and coyotes.
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

Quote Originally Posted by Waiter
    In my humble opinion which I shall gladly share here.

This is nothing more than a dog and pony show put together by some little committee somewhere so they could belly up to some bar somewhere and use that taxpayer gold credit card we have issued them.

They would get the same answers just by watching one episode of cops and coyotes.
    I gotta disagree. When your talking to the American people it goes a lot farther when you can say you've actually been there and seen the issues vs the liberal dogs who won't come within 100 miles of the border yet demand it left wide open. Its a dog and pony show that can be used to gather broader American support for heavier actions on the border along with speaking out on the issues.

They realize their power is limited but its still power given and controlled by the people, many who are still ignoring the issues hoping someone else fixes them. If they do this properly it could lead to enough support to force some change.

I want to help get beyond the beltway rhetoric of border security, and work toward solutions that reflect the complexity of the problem," said Pearce in a statement. "Lives are at stake on the border, and lives have already been lost."
    We have 20+ million illegal invaders in this country! How "secure" can the border be. If you want to learn about the "complexity of the problem," go to any major US city and see the transformation taking place. Go to Los Angeles, or Phoenix, or Houston just to name a few. Those cities did not become what they are because the border is secure! Look at your public educational system and hospitals closing all over this country because they are being swamped by non-paying illegal invaders.

"Lives are at stake and have been lost" all over this country because of illegal invaders. They still don't get it....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)