Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Unrest and 5 Arrests at N.J. Immigration rally

Unrest and Arrests at Immigration Rally
    Sign In to E-Mail or Save This Print Reprints Share
    DiggFacebookNewsvinePermalink

By ANTHONY RAMIREZ
    Published: July 29, 2007
    Five people were arrested and two people were slightly injured yesterday at a rally in Morristown, N.J., that attracted hundreds of demonstrators both for and against stricter immigration law enforcement, the police said yesterday.

Morristown police officers, in riot gear and using a fence to separate the rival demonstrators, broke up several fights at the rally, held in front of the Morristown town hall.

In the most serious clash, a man threw two small metal cylinders at a pickup truck. When the driver of the truck and his female companion confronted the man, they were set upon by about 10 other men, said Lt. David Ackerman of the Morristown police.

Three men were arrested and charged with assault, disorderly conduct and other charges. The rest fled, Lieutenant Ackerman said.

The woman was treated at Morristown Memorial Hospital, he said. The injured man had been one of the speakers at the rally, organized by the ProAmerica Society, which urges stricter enforcement of immigration laws.

Also arrested were a man and a woman who had jumped on the stage. They were charged with disorderly conduct and trespassing.

Morristown has attracted controversy because the mayor, Donald Cresitello, has applied for a federal program that would deputize police officers to enforce immigration laws.

Mayor Cresitello spoke at the rally, protected by a phalanx of police officers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/29/nyregion/29rally.html

What happened there just proves that they need to arrest and deport. We as citizens could help them out with this if the just let us.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

It is shameful, the ILLEGALS who are ILLEGAL and should not even be in this country are allowed to assemble, protest and incite violence in any American city. That's often further compounded as local police forces often facilitate the illegals in their protesting. I advocate the enforcement branch of ICE needs to be bolstered with personnel in every city and be put on a mission to detain all pro-immigration advocates, then sort out wether their presence in this country is legal or not. I'm betting that 80% of what they encounter is illegal. What better places to encounter ILLEGAL aliens than at their demonstrations and protests.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

slightly injured

I realize this article was in the NY times but I can't help but notice the
    bias in here. Speakers were "slightly injured" after being assaulted by
    10 people. Women was treated in hospital, no mention of injuries sustained by either one. Metal cylinders thrown at car, no mention
    of damage to car. Can you imagine how this would read if the "immigrants" had been assaulted.

HATE CRIME AGAINST IMMIGRANTS- GANG OF 10 ASSAULTS IMMIGRANTS AND EXTENSIVE DAMAGE DONE TO PROPERTY. WOMEN
    TREATED FOR INJURIES SUSTAINED IN THIS VICIOUS ATTACK.

oh well, don't worry it was only a couple of U.S. citizens who expect freedom of speech in this country.

(REMOVED BY MODERATOR)

Horror! I think all the talk radio shows should know the extent of these injuries and caused by illegal aliens.

My prayers go out to the injured!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OKAY, THE WHOLE COUNTRY NEEDS TO HEAR ABOUT THIS.

I just wrote the author of this article and the editor of the NY Times.

Slightly injured! They have no integrity in reporting the facts. If the injuries were on the oppositions side we would be hearing about this on all the networks and LA RAZA!

TALK ABOUT A WAVE OF HATE! LA RAZA IS CAUSING THE WAVE OF HATE!

Longcut.

What messge board was this reported on? Is there any articles written or by the organization that held the rally on the incident?

I would like to send this information to Lou Dobbs and others.

This is just horrible and inexcusable, but unfortunately, I think we are going to start seeing more and more violence and on a bigger scale. The illegals and their activists have been bordering on violence for a very long time now, contained, I believe, by those who've encouraged them to not go that route and risk damaging their "cause". Lately, however, there seems to be a division going on within their movement where the ones who were encouraging civility are now being ignored. Kind of a "We tried it your way and it didn't work so now we're going to do it OUR way"

What I think needs to happen here is that the police, during these rallies where counter protestors show up,need to set up video equipment, and if something occurs during or following a rally, those in charge of the counter protest need to be arrested and charged for perpetrating hate crime, inciting violence, and anything else that can be applied.

The organizers are just as responsible as those doing the attacking because they're the ones with the bullhorns spouting off with the hate speech, encouraging violence, etc. and they need to be held accountable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast