Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Woundedeagle wrote:

Admit it, we Americans have a standard of living to maintain. Mostly to keep what we have and want more by doing less.
    Hmmm.......that was all I needed to see. I think you accidently dropped in on the wrong boards, this is ALIPAC. We stand against illegal immigration, not working class Americans!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Being from Canada is not much better. When I went to school up there we had to pass or else we were failed. We learned to do math without calculators until high school, and when we wrote papers we lost marks for both spelling and grammar errors. It was quiet in the classroom. Those days are gone. Kids are not being failed or allowed to skip a grade therefore good students get lazy and bad ones just get pushed through the system.
    I took college courses as an adult and had to do a test that the kids that recently finished high school also did. Many of us older people were worried as it had been a long time since we finished high school. We ended up scoring 3 times higher than those who had just finished school. Teachers in many cities in Ontario have got really good pay checks and the summer off so many people go into it for the pay and summer off.
    As for university up there it is more of a party than it is here. I went to university in Florida and it wasn't as much of a party than it was in Canada. In fact in Canada you had to have the "university experience" and that does not refer to studying.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    WoundedPeacock, I just don't buy your propaganda. And while you were touting the benefits of H1Bs, you left out the part about them in some cases stealing from their employers.....for example, a situation I personally know of in which an Indian was stealing equipment and sending it back home to ingratiate himself to his mentor.

I have extensive experience with H1Bs as well as with American tech workers, and in fact, receive CVs all the time from people in India, China and elsewhere looking for positions. Sorry to break this news to you.....but Americans ARE the smartest, most creative, well-trained and hard-working, hands-down. I personally will do everything I can to ensure that our young people have the job opportunities they deserve in tech areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Americans ARE the smartest, most creative, well-trained and hard-working, hands-down. I personally will do everything I can to ensure that our young people have the job opportunities they deserve in tech areas.
    Thanks for saying this! It gives hope. I have spent the last ten years in Detroit where I have heard nothing but insults and racism against American citizens. I constantly hear about how Muslims are superior to Americans and will one day own the US. I keep hearing about how much better Indians are at technical careers than Americans (a total lie since they have to steal our jobs in order to have a career to begin with!). I keep hearing about Mexicans doing the jobs Americans won't do when I have heard also that up 90% of Michigan carpenters and other trades have lost their jobs to illegal Mexican aliens.

Say those above words again; we need to hear them when the battle gets tough.

I agree Americans are smart and hardworking. Americans invented many things compared to other countries in the world.
    I was at Starbuck's today and spoke to a young man who does renovations. He works for his father who owns buildings that are rented out as offices. Once he finishes the work he has he will need a job elsewhere and is really concerned. Most construction workers don't speak English and many are illegal and that is two strikes against him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

First off, im not from India. Im from Americas heartland. So are my parents and grandparents. My family roots go way back to a former US President, Grover Cleveland. My linage is mostly German but is mixed with Irish, English, and Native American.

Second, I am offended to be called a troll. That is my fault though because I failed to spell correctly or perform proper grammer for some of you. I also failed to mention that I dont agree with the Tech industry hiring immigrants. I failed to mention that not all educated people have poor educations. My bad. I do get upset and angry sometimes and forget to proof read. I guess its easy to rip on someone you cant look in the eye.

I do not go back on my point about poor higher education. My youngest son is in the fourth grade at a public school. For the last two years, his education has suffered in the hands of first time teachers and a classroom full of migrant children. I don't know if they are legal or not but the entire fourth grade class failed spelling the word fire on a test except my son. There are many other points to mention on these so called teachers, I just don't want to talk about that.
    I worked in the automotive industry and directly dealt with so called engineers. You would be surprised how incapable some of them are.

I bleed Red, White, and Blue. I served nine years in the U.S.A.F.. I am very upset with Illegal Immigration. hint(Woundedeagle) That is why I visit this web site. W is doing a great service to our country. But don't be so niave to think that only Americans have the highest education in the world. That kind of thinking has allowed 20 million + to illegaly cross and stay in our beloved country.

I thought in my first post that you could read between the lines about our(American) problems. Obviously it has to be correctly spelled out or one gets labeled as a troll from India. Jees! As stated eariler it was my fault. All is forgiven but just this once.

When I lived in Canada I saw the same problems with people from Asia. Some came from India claiming to have engineering degrees and had friends over there vouch for them. They would buy fake degrees or copy real ones kind of like the illegals with SSN. They would have mionr experience working in say electronics and tell employers in Canada they were engineers. Once hired they would do their best and when they would see that someone below them had them made, they would get that person fired. This happened to my exhusband and a few other coworkers of his. If they themselves would get fired the good old your racist line would go into use. This way they would be able to keep their job.
    We used to joke about people from some of the countries saying that all the men were engineers and all the women were teachers because that is what they would claim when they came to Canada.
    I don't think it is that much different here.

Banned
    Wounded, I understand your points regarding our educational system today, which seems to be failing so many students. Our public education system has clearly deteriorated, and it seems a major contributing factor is that school systems are being overwhelmed by children of illegal immigrants and the need to provide English language instruction. This results in over-crowding, funneling of resources away from other programs, and impedes the ability of teachers to actually teach. I'm not saying this is the only factor, but it is a very significant one.

My experience of our most highly-trained students is that they are just that - well-trained and well-prepared for their chosen careers and I hate to see what is going on in this country with our politicians promoting policies that undercut these young people. What really angers me is that the likes of Bill Gates are always saying that we need to train more tech workers at the same time that they are doing everyhthing they can to pull the rugs out from under these young people. When you view it from the inside, it easy to see the scam that it is.

Kate you said it the best. The school system is suffering due to the illegals. My daughter went to high school in North Dade Country and her school comprised mostly of Jewish teens. They did well in school as their parents expect them to do so and are very interested in how they are doing in school. The drop out rate was high mostly due to illegals who pulled their kids out of school and sent them to work as they need money. I seen myself in my condo complex. They hired a new cleaning company and some of the workers were just barely 16 from what my daughter and I figured. I called ICE and not long after that the majority of the cleaning people disappeared.
    Those kids who stay are in ESOL classes and are spoon fed through high school at the expense of others who have to work hard to get the same grade in a normal classroom environment. My daughter told me about that. As we speak Russian and/or Ukrainian in the home my daughter had to do the ESOL test. If she would have deliberately did poorly as other kids did she too would have had 90's without working hard for them. Some of the legal ethnic kids were on to that and did that so they had higher grades and could get into college or university easier.
    It is sad that the illegals are teaching other kids how to cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    They would buy fake degrees or copy real ones kind of like the illegals with SSN. They would have mionr experience working in say electronics and tell employers in Canada they were engineers. Once hired they would do their best and when they would see that someone below them had them made, they would get that person fired.
    I worked as a web developer in Detroit during the height of the dot.com boom from 1995 (when it just started taking off) to 2001 (when 9-11 saw the end of most of the "exciting" internet businesses). Although I did met a few competent and experienced computer programmers who were from India, my experience with other Indians proved that they were almost like "wallflowers" who showed up at the dance unwanted. Many of the Indians I met seemed to have little knowledge of the Internet, only knowing that once they could call themselves "web masters" they could count on life-long careers in the United States (Indians, almost universally, are in an extreme hurry to get out of India itself). If an Indian did not know anything about Photoshop, for example, they would do everything they could to learn it from someone like me, and then go around "back stabbing" in order to get that person's job. They would put on an arrogant front as if only they deserved to have the job, and the American whose job they stole (and whose mentoring they stole) was "old news" and it was better to forget them. This is where the horrible misinformation about India being better at Americans at IT has come from. Nothing but constant corporate back stabbing in an environment of extreme political correctness.

I have also heard that those few native born American citizens who are hired by Indian owned firms, both in the US and in India itself, are promptly fired when their usefulness is over; yet, Indians seem to expect that Americans are going to warmly and cordially embrace them as "lifelong" intellectuals and eagerly needed "computer experts". Indians do not play fair and as time goes on, more and more Americans are having complaints about the attitudes that they bring from their native land, a land that carries with it the stigma of racial violence, child slavery and economic poverty unlike anything else found in the third-world.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast