Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Hosts Increasing Anti-CAFTA Rejection

link

US Hosts Increasing Anti-CAFTA Rejection

Washington, May 16 (Prensa Latina) The Bush Administration is facing an increasing domestic movement of Representatives and Unions against the Free Trade Agreement with Central America (CAFTA) which they say will not benefit either Central America or the US people.

The movement claims that CAFTA will increase poverty and make multinationals filthy richer." Rep. Nydia Velasquez termed a disaster the 1994 predecessor, the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with Canada and Mexico, since its severed 11 million jobs in the US.

Adgar Romney, executive vice president of Unite Here Textile Union, denounced FTAs as paradises for multinationals that violate health, sanitation and environmental regulations of the peoples involved. Transnationals can even impose millionaire fines on the poor peoples.

Romney recalled the lies told to Mexico on commercial development and poverty reduction via the NAFTA which on the contrary made the Mexican economy weaker.

Also, Francisco Gonzalez, leader of the Dominican Republic Central General de Trabajadores, said the CAFTA is neither free nor is properly commerce.

Meanwhile, 60 Republican and 195 Democrat Representatives said the CAFTA will increase the fiscal deficit and eliminate hundreds of jobs in the Union, adding that they count on the quorum required to pass the initiative, that is, 218 out of 435 votes at the House.

The National Farmers Union, US Coalition for Commerce, Latin American Citizens League and the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations AFL-CIO, the largest US union, also reject the plan.

(This is a Cuban newspaper; I find it rather ironic that a Cuban newspaper is reporting more of the truth than our Main Stream Media)
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

(This is a Cuban newspaper; I find it rather ironic that a Cuban newspaper is reporting more of the truth than our Main Stream Media)
    I believe it.

Our MSM has been keeping things from us for years.

Like 40!