Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US State Dept hands down travel warning after agent Attack

U.S. State Department hands down travel warning after ICE agents attacked
    February 18th, 2011, 3:50 am · 6 Comments · posted by naxil

Perhaps not that surprisingly, the U.S. State Department late Thursday sent a bulletin advising U.S. citizens to avoid traveling to San Luis Potosi state, where two U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement special agents were attacked by suspected members of the Zetas on Tuesday. More after the jump.

Interesting bit in this bulletin is that officials also advise Americans who find themselves in most of north central Mexico — including popular colonial tourist cities San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas, Guanajuato, and San Miguel de Allende — to have a “heightened sense of alertâ€

Speaking of that, does this attack on the ICE agents give you pause for heading to Mexico, if the violence over the past year hadn’t already changed your travel habits?

I made up my mind I wouldn't accept a free vacation trip to Mexico years ago.

A former employer went there in 1995 with his family and said there were armed policemen all over the place - even that many years ago...
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€