Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by gp
    BE PACIANT, LOOK AROUD THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE SPEAKING OUT AND NOT OUR CORRUPT POLITICIANS...LOOK AT PROP 200 IN AZ. NOT ONE (THAT I'M AWARE OF) OF THOSE CORRUPT POLITICIANS WANTED THAT BILL TO PASS... BUT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DID.....CHANGE IS COMMING!!!!!
    True, but we still have along way to go.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by gp
    BE PACIANT, LOOK AROUD THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE SPEAKING OUT AND NOT OUR CORRUPT POLITICIANS...LOOK AT PROP 200 IN AZ. NOT ONE (THAT I'M AWARE OF) OF THOSE CORRUPT POLITICIANS WANTED THAT BILL TO PASS... BUT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DID.....CHANGE IS COMMING!!!!!
    True, but we still have along way to go.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Update on this

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... 5512.shtml

Utah Adopts Driving Privilege Cards for Illegals

NewsMax.com Wires
    Wednesday, March 9, 2005

SALT LAKE CITY -- Gov. Jon Huntsman on Tuesday signed a bill replacing regular Utah driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants with driving privilege cards that can't be used as official identification to board airplanes or register to vote.

The move comes a day after hundreds of demonstrators gathered to protest the bill, arguing that the cards amount to second-class status for minorities.

The driving privilege card must be renewed annually. Undocumented immigrants must surrender their driver's licenses on their birthdays or on July 1, whichever is sooner.

Huntsman spokeswoman Tammy Kikuchi said the governor has been "pretty strong, from the beginning, in support of this bill" and was undeterred by opposition in the minority community.

The bill's Republican sponsor, Sen. Curtis Bramble, said the measure was a compromise, because it still allowed undocumented immigrants to drive.

"I don't believe that it's the role of the State of Utah to provide documentation or some type of ID so that someone who is illegal can travel with impunity," Bramble said.

Bob Gallegos, president of the Hispanic lobbying group RAZ-PAC, vowed Tuesday to seek legal action against the law, and said he and other minority leaders would organize a one-day strike to prove how important undocumented workers are to the Utah economy.

Notice the last para.

Update on this

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... 5512.shtml

Utah Adopts Driving Privilege Cards for Illegals

NewsMax.com Wires
    Wednesday, March 9, 2005

SALT LAKE CITY -- Gov. Jon Huntsman on Tuesday signed a bill replacing regular Utah driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants with driving privilege cards that can't be used as official identification to board airplanes or register to vote.

The move comes a day after hundreds of demonstrators gathered to protest the bill, arguing that the cards amount to second-class status for minorities.

The driving privilege card must be renewed annually. Undocumented immigrants must surrender their driver's licenses on their birthdays or on July 1, whichever is sooner.

Huntsman spokeswoman Tammy Kikuchi said the governor has been "pretty strong, from the beginning, in support of this bill" and was undeterred by opposition in the minority community.

The bill's Republican sponsor, Sen. Curtis Bramble, said the measure was a compromise, because it still allowed undocumented immigrants to drive.

"I don't believe that it's the role of the State of Utah to provide documentation or some type of ID so that someone who is illegal can travel with impunity," Bramble said.

Bob Gallegos, president of the Hispanic lobbying group RAZ-PAC, vowed Tuesday to seek legal action against the law, and said he and other minority leaders would organize a one-day strike to prove how important undocumented workers are to the Utah economy.

Notice the last para.

Strikes? You mean like the ones that are oh so successful in California and Arizona?

Don't these illegals realize how easily expendable they are? All the businesses will do will be to fire the illegals that go on strike and don't show up for work with more illegals or foreign labor that's willing to work for even less.

Them seeking legal action, what else is new? That's the only thing I like about this law is how it has enraged the illegal alien activists.

Strikes? You mean like the ones that are oh so successful in California and Arizona?

Don't these illegals realize how easily expendable they are? All the businesses will do will be to fire the illegals that go on strike and don't show up for work with more illegals or foreign labor that's willing to work for even less.

Them seeking legal action, what else is new? That's the only thing I like about this law is how it has enraged the illegal alien activists.

It is still granting legitimacy to those people in a way I do not like. Wars are won by inches, and they just came out on top in this battle. While it is not as bad of a loss as we might be facing in some other states that are trying to give them licenses, it is still a loss, and we should not be celebrating it. I can assure you that the pro-illegal crowd may not view this as being the victory they would have LIKED to see... but they still see it as a victory.

(Added later... )On second thought, before I settle on the above opinion... did they already actually GET drivers licenses there before this bill and this took it away? or were they previously unable to get them and wanting them, and the state gave this instead?

It is still granting legitimacy to those people in a way I do not like. Wars are won by inches, and they just came out on top in this battle. While it is not as bad of a loss as we might be facing in some other states that are trying to give them licenses, it is still a loss, and we should not be celebrating it. I can assure you that the pro-illegal crowd may not view this as being the victory they would have LIKED to see... but they still see it as a victory.

(Added later... )On second thought, before I settle on the above opinion... did they already actually GET drivers licenses there before this bill and this took it away? or were they previously unable to get them and wanting them, and the state gave this instead?

They previously had drivers licenses, but the state of Utah took that away and gave them a driving card (same thing as a permit) instead.

They previously had drivers licenses, but the state of Utah took that away and gave them a driving card (same thing as a permit) instead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast