Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs Show did a good job of covering it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LEGAL wrote
    I hate to say this, even if something is thrown at us or done to us, WE MUST PUT IT IN THE HANDS OF THE LAW
    I'm very sorry Legal but I respectfully disagree......... I HAVE A RIGHT TO SELF DEFENSE and I, for one, will USE MY RIGHTS! That is the LAW.

What one does NOT use one WILL LOSE by default.
    We've already gone down that road and the results were damning to our Rule of Law.

Never, ever give up your RIGHT TO SELF-DEFENSE
    > If you don't know how to defend yourself then take a course and gain confidence in your ability to do so.
    > If you don't know how to use a firearm and it makes you fearful, take a course and your fears will be alleviated and you'll be an educated 2nd Amendment citizen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This was just posted on my site (where I've been maintaining a running update on this story all day now):

I was an eyewitness to the car bumping into the protestors. I need
    to stay anonumous due to LE involvement at this time. The truth was
    spoken by the man who was arrested. The police stoodby and allowed
    the protesters to block the entrance to the parking lot. Even when
    vehicles and citizens were being attacked in their vehicles they did
    nothing. The law says it is illegal to block driveways and or impead
    traffic. They
    let it happen. I was very surprised and disapointed in there lack of
    protecting these citizens. Even when the gentlemen and his wife
    gunned through the mob of protesters. They quickly arrested him. He
    was scared and felt threathen for hisself and his wife and the only
    thing he could do is what he did to get out of the situation. No
    thanks to the help from the police. And again the cops just stood by
    and watched. They appeared so bent on protecting the protestors rights
    they failed in protecting all citizens rights. The protestors from
    what I learned did not even have permit to march on this event. They
    showed up and took over Garden Grove and our police did nothing but
    earned overtime money. Not impressed. The day prior the event, the
    lady who attempted to get police protection has a complaint on an
    unknown at this time Sgt. from the police department. Mrs. Coe was
    virtually told that she was on her own and if she needed them to call
    911. However, later into the night of the event when a few protestors
    started throwing items at the police, they acted. So you see how is
    goes here in Garden Grove. Wait till something happens, then
    respond. Garden Grove citizens get the same attitude when they call
    in complaints. It is either not a priority call, or we don't have
    the man power, or we no longer enforce that law because of man power.
    But let there be overtime pay envolved and look what you get. I
    didn't know GGPD had so many officers.
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

HEIDI, thanx! I didn't even know you had your own site. How wonderful and an LT to boot!! Well, you already had your self defense courses, LOL, so I don't have to worry about you

Can we put you on guard at the future ALIPAC meetings? I can be your trooper for back up.

Looks like the news is getting our about the protest, but they are not saying it like they should

Here is a list of places where the same stroy is going out

Google

Anti-immigration conference in Vegas spurs plan for protest
    AZ Central.com, AZ - 21 hours ago
    LAS VEGAS - A conference on the dangers of illegal immigration has drawn calls for protests from a coalition that claims the weekend meeting is designed to ...
    Anti-immigration conference in Las Vegas spurs plan for protest
    KESQ, CA - 23 hours ago
    LAS VEGAS A Memorial Day weekend anti-immigration conference in Las Vegas is generating plans for protests from a coalition claiming the event's about stirring ...
    Anti-illegal immigration conference in Las Vegas spurs plan for ...
    KVOA.com, AZ - 7 hours ago
    A conference on the dangers of illegal immigration has drawn calls for protests from a coalition that claims the weekend meeting is designed to stir racial bias ...
    KRNV, NV - 8 hours ago
    A Memorial Day weekend anti-immigration conference in Las Vegas is generating plans for protests from a coalition claiming the event's about stirring racial ...
    Las Vegas Sun, NV - 21 hours ago
    LAS VEGAS (AP) - A conference on the dangers of illegal immigration has drawn calls for protests from a coalition that claims the weekend meeting is designed ...
    KOLD-TV, AZ - 22 hours ago
    LAS VEGAS A Memorial Day weekend anti-immigration conference in Las Vegas is generating plans for protests from a coalition claiming the event's about stirring ...
    Las Vegas Sun, NV - 22 hours ago
    LAS VEGAS (AP) - A conference on the dangers of illegal immigration has drawn calls for protests from a coalition that claims the weekend meeting is designed ...
    Here is the story:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 25-ON.html

Anti-immigration conference in Vegas spurs plan for protest

Associated Press
    May. 25, 2005 06:00 PM

LAS VEGAS - A conference on the dangers of illegal immigration has drawn calls for protests from a coalition that claims the weekend meeting is designed to stir racial bias.

"We feel like they are attacking our community and trying to change the mentality of the people against us," said Alan Torres, who is planning a protest outside the conference in Las Vegas.

The event, called "Unite to Fight Against Illegal Immigration," is being organized at the city's Cashman Center by Mark Edwards, a radio talk show host and founder of the Wake Up America Foundation.
    advertisement

The conference, Saturday through Sunday, is scheduled to feature Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., a leading congressional voice against illegal immigration, and Jim Gilchrist, founder of the Minuteman Project, which posted volunteer sentries last month along Arizona's border with Mexico to spotlight immigration issues.

Edwards was not immediately available for comment Wednesday through Wake Up America or at radio station KDWN-FM in Las Vegas.

He told the Las Vegas Sun that reports about the conference and protests had spurred ticket sales, and said he hoped to draw up to 1,000 participants.

James Dallas, a KDWN talk show host who called himself a backer of Edwards' group, said the conference hoped to attract people "who want to gain knowledge on illegal immigration."

"We're talking about jobs being lost, wages being suppressed and health care costs out of control," Dallas said. "This is not about race, and the people who are injecting race into the issue are trying to confuse the issue."

Torres represents Asociacion Civil del Estado de Durango, a group of Mexican emigrants living in Las Vegas. He said groups that drew more than 1,000 marchers for a recent peaceful protest against anti-immigrant billboards in Las Vegas was marshaling support for protests Saturday and Sunday from unions and Hispanic groups in Nevada, California and Arizona.

Picketers planned to emphasize their effect on the economy in a multicultural community, Torres said.

---

On the Net:

Wake Up America Foundation: http://www.wakeupamericafoundation.com
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

So, GOD, IT IS IMPERATIVE that we NOT do ANYTHING outside of the law. I hate to say this, even if something is thrown at us or done to us, WE MUST PUT IT IN THE HANDS OF THE LAW.
    WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We should put it in the hands of the same law that allows the most heinous criminals (aka scum of the earth) to be released back out onto the streets or gives them ultra light sentences for comitting those same crimes? We should put it in the hands of the same law that has radical ACLU communists like Ruth Bader Ginsberg stinkin up the bench in the SCOTUS? We should put it in the hands of the same law that is being controlled by the likes of the ACLU and the National Lawyers Guild? If this is your idea of a plan then you sir have already lost. We might as well just hand over the country if this is our line of thinking. We should put it in the hands of the same law that allows illegal aliens to be roaming the streets of America freely without remorse in the first place? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to sit back and watch our country being destroyed by these vermin just for the sake of playing by the same rules that don't apply to the invaders.

Bush does not want to be remembered in history books as the President who stood back and did nothing as our country is invaded. Look for the President to make an attempt to secure the southern border in the near future to save face. If he does not, it will be the straw that broke the camels back.
    That was the most naive statement I've ever heard out of your mouth. Bush aint gonna do squat. If Bush wanted to stop the invasion, he would have done so by now. He would have done so shortly after 9-11. Waiting for Bush to secure our borders is like waiting for Ms America to come have a sleep over at my house. Hint, Hint it aint gonna happen so wake up. Bush is about as open borders as it gets and he just doesn't care what you and I think. He thinks he's above the will of the people.

We must continue to push this issue to the forefront of the American people in a civil, non-violent manner no matter how much we want to do otherwise. You will not be sucessful doing it in a violent manner or you will find yourselves on the inside looking out if you get my drift?
    Gee then I don't understand why the hell we ever fought any wars in the first place if they don't solve anything. Yeah wars don't solve anything other then the fact that they made and kept us a free, safe and prosperous nation in the first place.

Gee if only those bad Americans like George Washington would have been able to talk the British into giving up this land then there would have been no need for a revolutionary war in the first place. I wonder what ole George would say if he awoke from his grave only to find out that the country he fought for was being handed over on a silver platter to an invading force from a third world nation without even firing a shot? I don't think he'd be none to pleased, what do you think?

Wars are not won on just one battle but a series of battle wins. It will take time to resolve but I AGREE THE SOUTHERN BORDER NEEDS TO BE CLOSED TODAY!
    We don't have time. Time is not our friend. Everyday the invasion continues hastens our countries demise. I don't think securing our borders can wait any longer. We are getting invaded by the tens of thousands per day. That is the size of an entire army division, per day. Do you comprehend what that means? How much time should we give? Days? Weeks? Months? Years? Should we wait until 2008? California will belong to Mexico by then.

I don't mean to be harsh guys, but I really don't think you all comprehend what's about to happen. I see it everyday. I know these things. I have an uncanny nack for predicting things. Why? Because I'm a profound student of history. I see patterns developing and I can break down what's going to come of those patterns. I see the illegal aliens with a profound desire to take this country over by force. They have said it themselves that all they have to do is get the numbers, outnumber us and drive us out of our lands. Do you comprehend that? They even said if they have to kill off the gringo (you and I and all of us) they will do that. I think they are very serious in their intent. This isn't just a game or a joke. This is for real. They have silently declared war on us whether you want to admit it or not. You are already in the front lines. They are winning this war slowly, but surely. We have to nip this thing in the butt before it's too late.

I'm not saying go out there and shoot em up, kill em up. No, but I want you guys to be prepared for the possibility that this thing might go down and a civil war is a real possibility that you may end up fighting against a foreign invasion, hellbent on taking us down. You may not want to sink to their level, but eventually you may not have a choice. You may have to prepare to sacrifice it all for your country. I hope the day of the civil war never comes, but I'm not going to pretend like that aint gonna happen. It might and we have to be prepared to do whatever it takes to preserve the fabric of this great country. George Washington and his army didn't fight for the right for America to exist by whining, begging and pleaded with King George of England to please give us this land. No he did it by kicking the British out.

What are we willing to do to kick the invaders out? You think they would keep coming if they knew we were serious about defending our keep. Doubtful.

All you have to ask yourselves is do you want America to become Mexico? Do you want to live in a country with a poverty level is low that it's beyond comprehension? Do you want your streets to be run by gangs, drug cartels and criminals? Do you want to live in a town that resembles Mexico City? Do you want to live in a country where the politicans think you are nothing more than a cash cow to them? Oh wait that has already happened now. Do you want to live in a country where your children could be kidnapped and sold off as sex slaves? Do you want to live like they do Mexico? If you answer No to all of these questions then I suggest you get tough and think about doing whatever it takes to win this war even if it means the unthinkable. Otherwise I don't even know why I bother to have this conversation with you all.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    So, GOD, IT IS IMPERATIVE that we NOT do ANYTHING outside of the law. I hate to say this, even if something is thrown at us or done to us, WE MUST PUT IT IN THE HANDS OF THE LAW.
    WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We should put it in the hands of the same law that allows the most heinous criminals (aka scum of the earth) to be released back out onto the streets or gives them ultra light sentences for comitting those same crimes? We should put it in the hands of the same law that has radical ACLU communists like Ruth Bader Ginsberg stinkin up the bench in the SCOTUS? We should put it in the hands of the same law that is being controlled by the likes of the ACLU and the National Lawyers Guild? If this is your idea of a plan then you sir have already lost. We might as well just hand over the country if this is our line of thinking. We should put it in the hands of the same law that allows illegal aliens to be roaming the streets of America freely without remorse in the first place? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to sit back and watch our country being destroyed by these vermin just for the sake of playing by the same rules that don't apply to the invaders.

[quote:3stk8v42]Bush does not want to be remembered in history books as the President who stood back and did nothing as our country is invaded. Look for the President to make an attempt to secure the southern border in the near future to save face. If he does not, it will be the straw that broke the camels back.
    That was the most naive statement I've ever heard out of your mouth. Bush aint gonna do squat. If Bush wanted to stop the invasion, he would have done so by now. He would have done so shortly after 9-11. Waiting for Bush to secure our borders is like waiting for Ms America to come have a sleep over at my house. Hint, Hint it aint gonna happen so wake up. Bush is about as open borders as it gets and he just doesn't care what you and I think. He thinks he's above the will of the people.

We must continue to push this issue to the forefront of the American people in a civil, non-violent manner no matter how much we want to do otherwise. You will not be sucessful doing it in a violent manner or you will find yourselves on the inside looking out if you get my drift?
    Gee then I don't understand why the hell we ever fought any wars in the first place if they don't solve anything. Yeah wars don't solve anything other then the fact that they made and kept us a free, safe and prosperous nation in the first place.

Gee if only those bad Americans like George Washington would have been able to talk the British into giving up this land then there would have been no need for a revolutionary war in the first place. I wonder what ole George would say if he awoke from his grave only to find out that the country he fought for was being handed over on a silver platter to an invading force from a third world nation without even firing a shot? I don't think he'd be none to pleased, what do you think?

Wars are not won on just one battle but a series of battle wins. It will take time to resolve but I AGREE THE SOUTHERN BORDER NEEDS TO BE CLOSED TODAY!
    We don't have time. Time is not our friend. Everyday the invasion continues hastens our countries demise. I don't think securing our borders can wait any longer. We are getting invaded by the tens of thousands per day. That is the size of an entire army division, per day. Do you comprehend what that means? How much time should we give? Days? Weeks? Months? Years? Should we wait until 2008? California will belong to Mexico by then.

I don't mean to be harsh guys, but I really don't think you all comprehend what's about to happen. I see it everyday. I know these things. I have an uncanny nack for predicting things. Why? Because I'm a profound student of history. I see patterns developing and I can break down what's going to come of those patterns. I see the illegal aliens with a profound desire to take this country over by force. They have said it themselves that all they have to do is get the numbers, outnumber us and drive us out of our lands. Do you comprehend that? They even said if they have to kill off the gringo (you and I and all of us) they will do that. I think they are very serious in their intent. This isn't just a game or a joke. This is for real. They have silently declared war on us whether you want to admit it or not. You are already in the front lines. They are winning this war slowly, but surely. We have to nip this thing in the butt before it's too late.

I'm not saying go out there and shoot em up, kill em up. No, but I want you guys to be prepared for the possibility that this thing might go down and a civil war is a real possibility that you may end up fighting against a foreign invasion, hellbent on taking us down. You may not want to sink to their level, but eventually you may not have a choice. You may have to prepare to sacrifice it all for your country. I hope the day of the civil war never comes, but I'm not going to pretend like that aint gonna happen. It might and we have to be prepared to do whatever it takes to preserve the fabric of this great country. George Washington and his army didn't fight for the right for America to exist by whining, begging and pleaded with King George of England to please give us this land. No he did it by kicking the British out.

What are we willing to do to kick the invaders out? You think they would keep coming if they knew we were serious about defending our keep. Doubtful.

All you have to ask yourselves is do you want America to become Mexico? Do you want to live in a country with a poverty level is low that it's beyond comprehension? Do you want your streets to be run by gangs, drug cartels and criminals? Do you want to live in a town that resembles Mexico City? Do you want to live in a country where the politicans think you are nothing more than a cash cow to them? Oh wait that has already happened now. Do you want to live in a country where your children could be kidnapped and sold off as sex slaves? Do you want to live like they do Mexico? If you answer No to all of these questions then I suggest you get tough and think about doing whatever it takes to win this war even if it means the unthinkable. Otherwise I don't even know why I bother to have this conversation with you all.[/quote:3stk8v42]
    I agree, I honestly think that no action will be taken by the govt. to stop this invasion. That leaves us to defend America and our future.

LegalUSCitizen, good post.

I don't think any of us are upset with each other on this topic. Its the situation we are upset about. This topic is informative and and expressive as it should be. We can debate it and contribute to the cause. I think that is what we all want.

In a follow up to my earlier posts, I again say Bush will make an attempt to close the border to save face in light of recent history. Illegals have been coming across the border for decades. It did not start during his watch. Bush will be forced to act soon or he will risk being trumpeted by an aspiring presidential hopeful from either party. The temptation will be so great, someone will not be able to turn it down. The question is, who will it be? Hillary wants the job but does she have the stomach to face going up against the other Dems on this issue also? It will be interesting to know which side she will come to rest upon. She may be inclined to beat George to the punch. George on the other hand would hate to think Hillary got there first on this issue. The Dems want George to stew in this a while before they will help on it. Think about it, do we really believe for one minute that in 20 years George wants to answer his grandchildren's questions on why he did not stop the invasion by securing the border? Believe you me he wants to be able to tell his grandchildren that he made an executive decision to stop the invasion. If he doesn't, he will be the laughing stock of the Republican Party and his fellow Americans especially in light of trying to secure Iraq. It would not surprise me if some of his enemies accuse him of treason when it gets really bad.

Those 200 extra border agents will not be able to do the job either. Lets say for illustrative purposes the border is 1500 miles long. Lets make a guesstimate there are 1000 border agents there already. Maybe that is too high but lets go with it for now. The 200 added to the 1000 makes it of course 1200. That is still over a mile for each agent to cover and illegals still get thur. But with the MinuteMen initiative added to the border agents, their combined efforts have a very good chance to succeed assuming the MinuteMen numbers grow which I know will. IMHO, it will require border personnel to be stationed about every 1/4 mile with technology tools to be effective. That appears to be in the neighborhood of 6000 fulltime personnel. I think that is doable with volunteers. Maybe I am way off base but certainly it is going to take lots more than 200 additional agents.

As far as big media is concerned, all they care about is who is going to break the next big story. It would not surprise me to find out CBS is monitoring this website to do a story on this issue and try to mislead the gullable public about radicals. They don't care! They just want to report on the fight. They don't care if the country is going down the toilet, they just want to report it their way on their terms. GIVE THEM NO AMMO TO EXPLOIT US! Don't allow McCain/Kennedy to win on this issue. Public opinion is very important and trying to persuade it is just as important. WE NEED MIDDLE AMERICA TO GET UP TO SPEED ON THIS ISSUE ASAP. Bad publicity will not get us to where we need to go.

The best thing we can do is try to influence our elected politicians by contacting them, the media, and our fellow Americans in a non-violent manner as well as supporting the MinuteMan project. A big THANK YOU to the MinuteMen!

Heidi, BTW, your 'pilot' link on your website is great! For those of you who have not heard it, visit her website for a side trip. I think everyone here will enjoy it. It is great! Thanx for sharing it with us. Ask her about it if you cannot find it.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
    Barry Goldwater
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

:P DMAN1200, I understand how you feel, believe me. Remember in that post where I said sometimes we should try to laugh, or use sarcasm to ease our stress, help us through some of the rough times?? Well, I had to chuckle to myself when I read your reply!! I could tell you were really aggravated with my way of thinking!! So, I'm here to confess something, that may explain somewhat why I probably opt for more patience, OK?

My avatar, (those planes) probably make it seem like I'm a former combat pilot or something. But I'm not even a guy...I'm a woman!!!
    My teenagers helped me pick that avatar because I told them I wanted a powerful avatar, that would help express how I feel about illegal immigration. My husband is the guy in the family, and he is behind us all the way. Unfortunately, (maybe I should say, fortunately, because he has a pretty good job, I know there are Americans needing jobs....but the jobs have gone across the oceans). Anyway, I am busy working on this on behalf of our entire family, and quite honestly for all Legal Citizens of the United States.

But anyway, I had a feeling with that avatar, that everyone thinks I'm a guy. Now, I do still stand by what I think is best at this point. Hard as it is, I think everything we do must be very thought out and the consequences have to be weighed. But, yes, all of you guys, how you feel, is very much the way I feel too.

I hope that can give you at least a hint of a smile tonight, as I know we are all gravely concerned about where this is heading. That's probably another reason why that picture of the police officer with his stick standing there had an effect on me. I realized that before it's all said and done, I may be having to stare eye to eye with someone like that, and he didn't look like the friendliest guy around. (he's probably right with us on this, if the truth were known). But anyway, I'm not going to say that I'm not somewhat afraid and scared about things. I am. But I'm going to get over that real fast, because I'm not going to stand by while our country is sold out. This country BELONGS to the Legal Citizens who have fought for it, sacrificed for it, built it, and yes to the new Legal Citizens, who have waited patiently for official permission to enter and live here. This is our country and our present government needs to get a grip on understanding the fact that they are employed by us, we put them where they are, and we can remove them, just as easily as we put them there. They are very disconnected from reality on this fact, and it's our own fault. The American people MUST wake up, and or get over their fears about speaking out, and taking action, or they're going to wake up one day to find a very different country, who knows maybe with a new name!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast