Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

A voting guide to prevent those Mass. ‘immigrantsâ€

www.nashuatelegraph.com

A voting guide to prevent those Mass. ‘immigrants’ from spoiling N.H.’s culture

A Telegraph Column By John Bachman

Published: Sunday, September 25, 2005

New Hampshire’s northern latitude no longer insulates us from the immigration problems that other states experience just as the oceans no longer protect the United States from foreign attack.

The U.S Census shows that 61,000 people immigrated to New Hampshire from south of the border between 1995 and 2000. The political impact of all those newcomers dwarfs that from the trickle of Free Staters, but gets far less attention.

The perpetually strong New Hampshire economy and business friendly political environment assure steady population growth, but the influx of these immigrants adds a political facet to it. We get clogged roads, we cannot build schools fast enough and our taxes skyrocket.

The new demographics are homogenizing New Hampshire’s vaunted conservative political culture.

Most of the pressure fell on the southern border communities until housing costs rose to meet the demand, forcing the immigrants to search farther north.

Sadly, many of these immigrants bring the same bad habits that befouled their birthplace. Is there any hope for people who blindly re-elect Ted Kennedy to the U. S. Senate and listen to Mike Barnicle’s pseudo-Brahmin drivel?

Oh, did you think I was talking about Hispanic immigrants? Naw, our problems come from those fleeing the disaster of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

The U.S. Census Bureau estimate for 2003 puts Massachusetts’s population growth below its birth rate. Adults are leaving the commonwealth faster than they are breeding replacements.

Nearby tax-free New Hampshire entices a big share of Massachusetts refugees while sporting the highest growth rate of all the New England states.

There was much angst when the Free Staters announced their intention to move to New Hampshire en masse and push our politics to the right.

They missed their goal of 5,000 Free Staters moving to the Live Free or Die State by 4,700 or so. The 61,000 Massachusetts migrants can have far greater political impact in the opposite direction if they do not mend their ways.

We do not intend to become North Massachusetts, governed by an insular single party of good old boys and taxed to oblivion. How do we stop it?

Sending the National Guard to seal the border might work but would probably not pass constitutional muster. Besides, a government that took four years to implement E-ZPass and then botched the job could never agree on a border-sealing plan.

The E-ZPass fiasco is a perfect example of the dangers of Massachusetts-style politics. Gov. John Lynch launched an obvious pander for votes by insisting that we sell E-ZPass transponders that cost us $25 for $5.

Many Massachusetts drivers took advantage by buying their transponder here and letting the New Hampshire taxpayer take a $20 per unit hit. Luckily, people paid attention and properly skewered Lynch for that bone-headed ploy. He will be more cautious when he launches future panders.

Our best hope is to rehabilitate the immigrant voters by teaching them that political competition is good, that an informed electorate is preferable to sheep and that conservatives do not really eat babies.

Here is a checklist for them to use before any election at any level:

• Did one of the candidates pander for my vote more than his opponent did? If yes, vote for the other guy.

• Is one of the candidates promoting a new spending plan that increases government involvement in my life? If yes, vote for the other guy.

• Have voters voted down the town/city budget at any time in the last 10 years? If no, vote “no.� It is the only way that local officials will discover that they really did not need all that money.

There is a corollary to this tip if you aspire to real New Hampshire curmudgeonship: do as I do and vote “no� on every spending bill because there is vast waste in every level of government.

• Are we skewering the elderly? Vote for elderly tax exemptions, as you will need it someday too. Long-term, fixed-income residents should not have to pay for the new services that you demand but were not available to them.

• Has one of the candidates been in office too long and looks as if he expects re-election? If yes, vote for his opponent no matter how weak he is. A weak politician will do less harm than an arrogant one.

• Is Curt Shilling running against Ted Kennedy for the U. S. Senate? If yes, return to Massachusetts and work for Shilling.

I will see you there. It is payback for all those Massachusetts union guys who tromped around our state for John Kerry in 2004.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh, did you think I was talking about Hispanic immigrants? Naw, our problems come from those fleeing the disaster of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
    OH YEAH BABY

That state SUCKS! It is the epitomy of the disasterous lie of leftist politics, case closed, and that is why it is losing it's population. BTW, I love that he calls them refugees.

The problem is that it isn't a type of person that is under assault in NH. It is a lifestyle. In NH you didn't buy more than you can afford. In Ma. you buy as much as the bank will allow through fast credit. In my town and in the whole region in general people are tearing down 3,000 square foot houses and financing 8,000 square foot mausoleums. They simply can't be seen driving anything other than a BMW or a Hummer into the office parking lot in Boston.

Expect a BIG backlash coming from us in the next few years. Remember that this really took hold in the last 3-4 years and has been building up since Interstates 95 and 93 were constructed. This coming election, which has me for a local council candidate in my hometown, is gonna be REAL interesting.

Is there any hope for people who blindly re-elect Ted Kennedy to the U. S. Senate and listen to Mike Barnicle’s pseudo-Brahmin drivel?
    No, there is not.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!