Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WA: Illegal alien caught using false identity

http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbc ... 1/60113019

Posted January 13, 2006

Man suspected of identity theft

A 27-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of identity theft, Deputy Chief Robert Wojs of the Sheboygan Police Department said today.

The man, who is not being identified, allegedly bought an identity, including a social security number, while he was in Washington state and has been working in the Sheboygan area under the assumed name, police said. He was arrested Thursday, police said. The man has not been formally charged.

Police say the man is an illegal alien and used the identity to obtain work and get a Wisconsin driver’s license.

An Indiana man, who had his identity stolen, alerted police to the man after the state of Wisconsin garnished his paycheck for child support for the arrested man’s child, police said.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have been going through the identity theft nightmare myself. Someone bought a car in Illinois in MY NAME, used MY social security number, and then had a wreck that totaled the car and used MY health insurance information at the hospital. I am having to hire a lawyer to try to straighten this mess out and it's horrible! I keep telling my health insurance provider that it was NOT ME! I have never been to Illinois much less bought a car there, an Acura, and I have never in my life owned an Acura. I buy ONLY American made cars. The insurance company is saying the wreck was the fault of the other driver and they may not have to pay the bill and they keep wanting me to fill out some form for them! From what I understand about identity theft, it can take YEARS to straighten this mess out. I was told that I was on a joint account at a bank with some 49 year old man I have never even heard of and that the account was overdrawn by over $500! I now check my credit report on a regular basis to make sure this is not happening anymore, so far, so good but I am scared it will happen again. The bad thing is that I am the one who has to go through hell trying to prove that it was not me who did all this! This also happened to my dentist, $50,000 worth of damage on credit cards in his name. The guy who stole the dentist's identity got caught, however. The idiot paid his tuition at the college he was attending with one of those cards and police were able to track him down. I feel for anyone who has to go through a mess like this!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"