Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Walker suspends 2016 campaign, urges party to find Trump alternative

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Walker suspends 2016 campaign, urges party to find Trump alternative

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...news-confirms/

Republicans

Walker suspends 2016 campaign, urges party to find Trump alternative

Published September 21, 2015 FoxNews.com

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, once a leading candidate in the Republican presidential race, suspended his struggling 2016 campaign on Monday -- while issuing an appeal to his party to counter the rise of front-runner Donald Trump.

At a hastily called press conference in Madison, Walker confirmed the news that by that point had leaked out: "I will suspend my campaign immediately."

But the governor also lamented that the contest has "drifted into personal attacks" and urged other contenders to consider following him out of the race, if only to help elevate those who can compete against the front-runner. Without naming Trump, Walker warned that he thinks the billionaire businessman could damage the party.

"I believe that I am being called to lead by helping to clear the field in this race so that a positive, conservative message can rise to the top of the field," Walker said. "... I encourage other Republican presidential candidates to consider doing the same so that the voters can focus on a limited number of candidates who can offer a positive, conservative alternative to the current front-runner."

The decision marks a swift reversal in fortunes for Walker, who over the summer was seen as the candidate to beat in the key state of Iowa. But the governor who forged a national reputation on his record battling union power in his home state saw his position slide in recent months.

Walker was plagued by a series of missteps, and was seen as performing poorly in the first two primary debates, generally struggling to stand out amid a crowded and boisterous 2016 field.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But the governor also lamented that the contest has "drifted into personal attacks" and urged other contenders to consider following him out of the race, if only to help elevate those who can compete against the front-runner. Without naming Trump, Walker warned that he thinks the billionaire businessman could damage the party.

"I believe that I am being called to lead by helping to clear the field in this race so that a positive, conservative message can rise to the top of the field," Walker said. "... I encourage other Republican presidential candidates to consider doing the same so that the voters can focus on a limited number of candidates who can offer a positive, conservative alternative to the current front-runner."
    Okay, so the gig is up! Scott Walker wants an alternative to Trump because he believes Trump is damaging the party. Well, on what basis? The basis that Trump actually wants to stop illegal immigration, deport illegal aliens, and stop/reduce legal immigration in order to get illegal aliens out of the country, out of our work force and off our welfare doles so Americans can get back to work at reflated wages and reduce or terminate their reliance on welfare services to survive? The basis that Trump wants to end the travesty of free trade treason, put an end to the un-level playing field pulling our industries out of the country to offshore locations and taking our money, investments, infrastructue, jobs and technology with them?!

Well, yeah, that's his basis for wanting an "alternative to the current front-runner".

Walker wasn't real on immigration issues, he said what he thought we wanted to hear in order to be President. This time, we didn't buy it, and thank goodness for that.

Now, lets go get Fiorina out of this race.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

wtg judy