Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

What Would We Do if All the Illegal Immigrants Left?

www.expertclick.com

What Would We Do if All the Illegal Immigrants Left?

Gastonia, NC 28054 October 24 2005

Could we afford to live here if they all went home?

Some people are talking about rounding up all the illegal immigrants and sending them back to where ever they came from.

How would we do that? First, how would we find all of them? If we were able to find them, how would we know what country each one came from? Would we hire planes and buses and buy them tickets to go home? It sounds like it would be impossible to do this.

If the roads were filled with buses and the skies with planes taking all these people out of this country, what would happen then? Who would do the work they were doing here? There would be a huge shortage of workers for farming, construction, landscaping, restaurants and tourism. Last season, growers could not get enough workers to harvest their crops and this year is worse. Prices of everything would rise dramatically and some produce would not be available at all, because it would be rotting in the fields.

These people take jobs that most other residents won’t take. The pay is low, the hours are long, the work is very hard and often dangerous, the benefits are non-existent. They often are housed in bunkhouses or sharing trailers, living in conditions few of us would tolerate. Assuming they make about $6.00 an hour, what would the wage have to be raised to for any of us to accept the work and conditions? $12? $20? If growers had to pay two or three or four times the present wage just to harvest, how much would lettuce and apples and tomatoes cost in the stores?

If landscaping companies, contractors and restaurants had to pay top wages to get the work done, how much would we have to pay to buy or repair a house or get the lawn cut or buy a meal? If motel and hotel maids were paid more, would we be able to afford a room?

If these workers were allowed to work legally, with a guest worker card or temporary worker visa, or whatever the different proposals call them, they would have to be paid at least the minimum wage and would be paying taxes. Paying the minimum wage or the prevailing wage would probably raise prices a little, but not as much as raising wages so the rest of us would do the work. An added bonus might be discovering that some of these workers are highly educated and skilled and are taking these manual labor jobs because they can’t legally get a better job.

If companies can’t find enough workers who are here legally, they should be able to offer these jobs to others willing and able to do them. But these people should have some type of document; they have to be paying taxes, have to be able to work and live safely, have to be able to be located when the immigration department wants to know where they are.

Undocumented workers are exploited by unscrupulous employers. They are exploited precisely because they are undocumented. These employers know they can do almost anything to them and won’t be reported.

If people needed these temporary visas to work here, the ones that are crossing the border illegally would probably stop coming. It would be impossible to send all the illegal people back home now, we have to find a better way to deal with this problem.

We beg for immigration reform and complain about illegal immigrants, but are we willing to pay more for almost everything we need and use in our lives if they are deported?

Donna Poisl is the author of “How to Live & Thrive in the U.S.�. You can contact her at liveandthrive@earthlink.net or http://www.howtoliveandthrive.com.

Donna Poisl (liveandthrive@earthlink.net)
    Author
    Live & Thrive Press
    1535 Butternut Drive
    Gastonia, NC 28054
    Phone : 704-861-9500
    Fax : (877) 499-3975
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, Donna. We are moe than willing to pay more if that is the result. With a minimum wage of $5.15 an hour by federal law, it's hard to imagine prices will rise if we hire a legal person versus an illegal person, but if the labor portion of an item increases and market (supply and demand) passed that increase on to consumers, then YES YES YES YES. That is our law, Lady. These are laws that were passed for and on behalf of the American People. If we didn't like the law, we'd change it. But we do, that's why we want it enforced and illegals removed from our midst.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My reply:

How would we do that? First, how would we find all of them?

The government already knows who most illegal aliens are from their false
    social security numbers reported on I-9 forms.

If we were able to find them, how would we know what country each one came from?

How about ask them?

Would we hire planes and buses and buy them tickets to go home? It sounds like it would be impossible to do this.

Yes, and use assets sized from the illegal aliens to pay for these busses and planes. Actually, if you took their jobs away, most illegal aliens would self-deport, saving us the time and trouble.

If the roads were filled with buses and the skies with planes taking all these people out of this country, what would happen then? Who would do the work they were doing here? There would be a huge shortage of workers for farming,

1/3 of US ag products are exported out of the US. There are enough legal ag workers to grow the food needed to feed Americans.

construction,

1/3 of house construction goes to house illegal aliens. Again, the reamining 2/3rds could be done by un/underemployed Americans, including black Americans.

landscaping,

Low maintainence/low water landscaping.

restaurants

There are plenty of un/underemployed Americans who would do these jobs for a living wage. Restraunt meals would cost 10% more, but that's OK.

and tourism.

What do illegal aliens do for tourism?

Last season, growers could not get enough workers to harvest their crops and this year is worse. Prices of everything would rise dramatically and some produce would not be available at all, because it would be rotting in the fields.

This is a lie pushed by rich farmers to keep their cheap labor. Did the price of rasins double? No.

These people take jobs that most other residents won’t take. The pay is low, the hours are long, the work is very hard and often dangerous, the benefits are non-existent. They often are housed in bunkhouses or sharing trailers, living in conditions few of us would tolerate. Assuming they make about $6.00 an hour, what would the wage have to be raised to for any of us to accept the work and conditions? $12? $20? If growers had to pay two or three or four times the present wage just to harvest, how much would lettuce and apples and tomatoes cost in the stores?

I personally know many legal residents who pick lettuce and grapes for less than $12 an hour.

If landscaping companies, contractors and restaurants had to pay top wages to get the work done, how much would we have to pay to buy or repair a house or get the lawn cut or buy a meal? If motel and hotel maids were paid more, would we be able to afford a room?

Houses would cost less, because there would be less demand for them. Plus the impact fees would be less. Cleaning only constitutes about 10% of a motel rooms cost. If the price of cleaning doubled, we would thus pay 10% more for the room. Same goes for restraunts.

If these workers were allowed to work legally, with a guest worker card or temporary worker visa, or whatever the different proposals call them, they would have to be paid at least the minimum wage and would be paying taxes. Paying the minimum wage or the prevailing wage would probably raise prices a little, but not as much as raising wages so the rest of us would do the work. An added bonus might be discovering that some of these workers are highly educated and skilled and are taking these manual labor jobs because they can’t legally get a better job.

The US already allows in 100,000 highly skilled legal immigrants a year. There is no waiting line, so if any of these illegals were highly skilled, they would be able to enter legally. End of that argument.

If companies can’t find enough workers who are here legally, they should be able to offer these jobs to others willing and able to do them. But these people should have some type of document; they have to be paying taxes, have to be able to work and live safely, have to be able to be located when the immigration department wants to know where they are.

The problem isn't with these low wage workers per say but their children. All five of them. Which is 50% more than they would have had in their home country. They cost me an extra $10,000 a year in higher taxes and reduced services.

We beg for immigration reform and complain about illegal immigrants, but are we willing to pay more for almost everything we need and use in our lives if they are deported?

Yes, because while I may pay $1000 more a year for the things you mention, I will gain at least $10,000 a year in lower taxes, housing, and medical costs, and a higher quality of life.

Any other questions?

Oh my God, Judy, you're back!

Yippee!!!

We all missed you.

Experience the most wonderful intense feelings of relief, happiness, and excitement followed by a most mounumental celebration , as a short answer to her question.

A slightly longer answer is that we are not saving anything by employing this cheap labor. True Product Price = Price Paid + Immediate Cost Shifts + Exceptional Delayed Expenses

where,
    Immediate Cost Shifts means things like shifting the employee cost to the taxpayer and other products via social program benefits, increased health care costs and insurance premiums, uninsured motorist insurance, special ESL school classes, etc.
    and,
    Exceptional Delayed Expenses means expenses and detrimental effects unique to having a massive illegal foreign work force such as excessive population growth, division and balkanization, resource depletion and increased resource costs (which make product costs more expensive anyway), loss of national identity and sovereignty, loss of wages and jobs for citizens, etc.

If hiring domestic legal employees the "price paid" part might be higher than with illegals, but the 2nd and 3rd components would be near zero. If hiring illegals, the "price paid" could well be lower, but the "immediate cost shifts" are usually substantial and the "exceptional delayed expenses" could well be exponentially burdensome. It's not just about money, but a lot things that would go into the MasterCard "priceless" category. It seems simple minded and dishonest to me that these people don't consider the True Product Price when touting the benefits of cheap illegal labor. Considering the hidden costs and long term consequences, the cheap illegal worker is really the most costly.

Thanks WatchDog--I missed all of you too!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Blue Hills - I couldn't have said it better. You are absolutely RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!

And it is ILLEGAL!!

Stop this Nonsense that is Bankrupting the USA NOW!!

Could we afford to live here if they all went home?
    Gee wouldn't the prices on housing go down dramactically if they all went home? That alone would be worth it. Not to mention the tax dollars and resources we could save. I think we can manage.

Some people are talking about rounding up all the illegal immigrants and sending them back to where ever they came from.
    Hopefully that talk will turn into action someday.

How would we do that? First, how would we find all of them? If we were able to find them, how would we know what country each one came from? Would we hire planes and buses and buy them tickets to go home? It sounds like it would be impossible to do this.
    This is a trick the OBL likes to do to fool you into thinking it's next to impossible. Rubbish. You don't have to deport them all at once. You punish the businesses that hire them, dry up the jobs and then most of the illegals would self deport themselves. We don't have to round up all 20 million at once. That's nonsense. The reason they are coming here is for the jobs. We have to take that incentive away. Fine the employers 2 million per illegal, make them pay for all of the health care and throw them in jail for at least 10 years. On top of that yank their business license for at least 15 years. That will solve the problem. Then you take away the welfare and other nonsense that entices illegals to come.

If the roads were filled with buses and the skies with planes taking all these people out of this country, what would happen then? Who would do the work they were doing here? There would be a huge shortage of workers for farming, construction, landscaping, restaurants and tourism. Last season, growers could not get enough workers to harvest their crops and this year is worse. Prices of everything would rise dramatically and some produce would not be available at all, because it would be rotting in the fields.
    Who would do the work? Gee I don't know, the legal citizens of America? Like who was doing these jobs before the illegal job thieves showed up? More rubbish. If the illegals were deported then the businesses would be forced to raise the wages in order to attract legal workers. Prices would not dramatically rise. Not unless you have to pay the workers like hundreds of dollars an hour.

How idiotic does one have to be to write this sophomoric nonsense? Cost of labor hardly factors in to the cost of the product. I think it's something like 1/10 of the cost. So what if we have to pay 2 or 3 times the wage that it is now? What is the cost of the product going to be, like 10-30 cents extra? I think we can afford that. I know I can.

I do my own repairs and cut my own lawn. I can buy my own meals just fine thank you. I haven't had need of a hotel room in like 3 years so who cares? Kick the illegals out, maybe that way I don't have to pay a 1900 dollar mortgage payment for a town house.

How does this clown know that businesses will be forced to pay at least the minimum wage? What would stop them from just hiring another illegal worker for less than minimum wage? Workers are highly educated? Please, if that was the case then they wouldn't be working in these jobs for dirt poor wages as an illegal alien. Why do you think they are being exploited? Because they are uneducated and unskilled you moron.

So what is she trying to say that Americans just don't want to work? Kind of hard to imagine how this nation became so great if we are just so lazy. Some type of document? Yeah I'm sure the illegal aliens will be trustworthy enough to provide you with some that aren't fraudulent.

Undocumented workers are exploited by unscrupulous employers. They are exploited precisely because they are undocumented. These employers know they can do almost anything to them and won’t be reported.
    Shouldn't then the conventional wisdom be to punish the businesses that hire them? If your so concerned about the exploitation of the illegal/undocumented then why no mention of what I just said about punishing the employers?

If people needed these temporary visas to work here, the ones that are crossing the border illegally would probably stop coming. It would be impossible to send all the illegal people back home now, we have to find a better way to deal with this problem.
    The illegals will stop coming? Yeah and what's stopping them? This person is a joke.

Absolutely. I'll just consider it a tax increase, something the gutless politicans love to do to us anyway.

Donna Poisl is the author of “How to Live & Thrive in the U.S.�.
    Obviously Donna doesn't get outside her gated community too often.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I emailed Donna and invited her to join in our discussion.

"How to Live & Thrive in the U.S.", by Donna Poisl, is a book for Hispanic / Latino immigrants in the United States or people planning to move here.

Dman1200---Hoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah....Magnificent Post. Truly!!

Miss Donna needs to get a real job; mow her own lawn; grow her own food; and turn the TV off and familiarize her little self with a some vital pieces of American Literature called:

U S IMMIGRATION LAW

US LABOR LAW

US CIVIL RIGHTS LAW

Fine reading, very enlightening, very "telling", self-explanatory, oh, and did I forget to mention:

THE Law of the United States of America, of the People, by the People, and for the People of these United States..one Nation, under God, Indivisible with Liberty and Justice For All.

We're losing our Liberty, Justice is elusive, God is under challenge, and we are divided into a zillion little foreign nations within our boundaries operating in our midst because of lawbreakers and traitors.

Who will do the work when the illegals are deported?

WE WILL just like we've done for hundreds of years on our terms. If the work sucks, then we'll deport the sucky employers too!!

This is the United States. WE are the Americans. WE not only decide What Happens Here, WE control What Happens Here.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast