Youngcons.com
Joshua Riddle
April 7, 2014

In a report released by Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) the impact of providing College Tuition Subsidy for Illegal Aliens (HB851/SB1400, a.k.a. in-state tuition) will be that approximately 5,000 legal students will be displaced in Florida higher level institutions by illegal alien students.
When this happens to 5,000 LEGAL students in Florida, we have a serious problem…

Allen West writes about this disturbing story. 5,000 legal American students are getting screwed out of their tuition. This is not what America is about. This is a GIANT slap in the face to every legal immigrant and natural born citizen in the country. They waited in line to come to this country in hopes of a better life, and this is how they are repaid. Absolutely sickening.

Everyone talks about the American Dream but are we purposefully ruining it for American kids? I always find it interesting how liberal progressives use oxymoronic labels for their legislative proposals. Take for example the “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” or how about the “Consumer Finance and Protection Bureau?” This particular story refers to the “Dream Act” which seeks to provide opportunities to illegal immigrant children that the liberal progressives so warmly renamed as “dreamers” — heck, I’m a dreamer, and I’m dreaming that President Obama would just walk out of the White House.

My friend and fellow retired Army officer, Dr. Rich Swier, has posted some interesting factoids about enabling the dreams of illegals over the aspirations and dreams of Americans.

Swier writes, “In a report released by Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) the impact of providing College Tuition Subsidy for Illegal Aliens (HB851/SB1400, a.k.a. in-state tuition) will be that approximately 5,000 legal students will be displaced in Florida higher level institutions by illegal alien students. These legislators are unwilling to raise taxes for the additional illegal alien students by expanding capacity so legal students will consequently be displaced.” This means a lot to me because I have one daughter in college in Florida and another who will graduate high school in 2015. What of their dreams?

While the number of displaced legal students and fiscal cost vary slightly between HB851 and SB1400 the estimates are similar:

- HB851 will displace of 5,026 legal students.
- SB1400 will displace 5,175 legal students.
- The fiscal cost of HB851 is estimated at $21.7 million.
- The fiscal cost of SB1400 is estimated at $22.7 million.

Let’s send a message not just across Florida, but all across America. We have open doors, we don’t want open borders and we certainly want to fulfill the dreams of OUR children first.

http://youngcons.com/when-this-happe...rious-problem/