Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"The white people don't work like us," he said. &q

The other side: The story of an illegal immigrant in the Southland

August 12, 2007

When 33-year-old Fortino sneaked across the Mexican border earlier this year, he knew what to expect: several days of wandering through the wilderness, an aggressive "coyote" leading him, a good chance of getting caught and -- if all went well -- a job picking produce.

Though Fortino has crossed illegally into the United States four times in the past two decades, he still gets scared when he makes the trip.

"How can you not be?" he said in imperfect English. "You're not always in control."

Fortino is one of two farm workers the Daily Southtown located who have crossed the border without proper paperwork. He spoke openly about his journey and what it's like to be here illegally.

Fortino wants to stay in the United States for two or three years -- long enough to save the seed money to start his own business back in Mexico.

"This is my last trip here," he said. "After this, I want to stay home."

Waiting at home for Fortino is his wife, 8-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son.

"My wife doesn't want to be here," he said. "Not at all."

A short, slight man, Fortino works with great efficiency. When he starts to talk, he stops stacking crates.

Fortino said a coyote led him into the country, eventually taking him to Laredo, Texas.

From there, he came to Illinois.

To him, the political debate over U.S. immigration policy is irrelevant. As long as America continues to generate opportunities to make money, Mexicans will find a way to stream across the border -- regardless of the law.

"The white people don't work like us," he said. "You know what I mean?"
    To provide proof of citizenship to his employer, Fortino said he simply paid for fake papers.

What will Fortino do when he returns to his home in Queretaro?

"I want to start a restaurant," he said.

Isaac Wolf

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/news/5064 ... S2.article
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

To him, the political debate over U.S. immigration policy is irrelevant. As long as America continues to generate opportunities to make money, Mexicans will find a way to stream across the border -- regardless of the law.

This is a true statement.

They will come especially if our President keeps focusing us on 'border security' while making sure it will never happen.

We need both.

We met an illegal on our way to NYC last fall. He has been working in America as part of a demolition crew for 30 years. He says he comes and goes every year. He told us how many children and grandchildren he has living in California.

He was speaking in Spanish and I understood some it about his family and his parents were living, etc.. What I didn't understand and what my husband didn't tell me until we started home from NYC is he told my husband SW America would be part of Mexico some day.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

They will come especially if our President keeps focusing us on 'border security' while making sure it will never happen.

We need both.

We met an illegal on our way to NYC last fall. He has been working in America as part of a demolition crew for 30 years. He says he comes and goes every year. He told us how many children and grandchildren he has living in California.

He was speaking in Spanish and I understood some it about his family and his parents were living, etc.. What I didn't understand and what my husband didn't tell me until we started home from NYC is he told my husband SW America would be part of Mexico some day.
    The reconquista began with the border states and has spread throughout the country as evidenced by the fact that they no longer stay close to the border when they invade us. I honestly believe it is now or never for America. If we don't stop this now, and continue to allow illegals to gain a footing by legalizing (what I estimate as millions) the anchor babies, the LaRaza supporters (which is probably 95% of hispanics holding political office) we as a nation will die an expedient death. As it is we are dangerously close to the point of no return.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Fortino wants to stay in the United States for two or three years -- long enough to save the seed money to start his own business back in Mexico.
    This is one of the reasons the us economy is the way it is. They take the money and send it all back while taking from health care, not paying taxes and receiving government benefits.

And Americans pay for all of it.
    ( STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT EMPLOYMENT - BOYCOTT FIELDALE FARMS, PILGRIMS PRIDE & TYSON POULTRY )

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

We need both.

The reconquista began with the border states and has spread throughout the country as evidenced by the fact that they no longer stay close to the border when they invade us. I honestly believe it is now or never for America. If we don't stop this now, and continue to allow illegals to gain a footing by legalizing (what I estimate as millions) the anchor babies, the LaRaza supporters (which is probably 95% of hispanics holding political office) we as a nation will die an expedient death. As it is we are dangerously close to the point of no return.
    You are right - we are nearing the point of no return. That is what concerns me with the 'border security' focus. It is important - so important - but it, alone, will not save this country.

Back when we began focusing on border security, it would have made a difference - things have changed. The sheer volume of peoples here and the number they have gotten in places of power and the numbers that are now showing their true colors are astounding.

The number of anchor babies being born, and the number of intermarriages I am seeing.

Border security for our security is important - but we have to get them out and do it fast. There is no way our government is going to do more than token enforcement.

It is up to us - but we have to wake up -

It is possible they want all the US - but it is possible, they just want enough of their people in office, and in numbers throughout the country to force the US to give them what they want.

Maybe they want it all - maybe not. Maybe they just wanted the SW but have realized how very gullible the American people are and have decided they 'can have it all.'
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah right, sure we white folks don't work like the illegals. Here's an example of how hard they work. I was delegated the responsibility of installing 3"x4'x8' plywood in a hallway for a defense contractors building. I was given 2 laborers to handle the heavy junk and 10 minutes into doing the 2 day installation I was handling the material completely alone. They just stood there and watched and finally went somewhere else to watch someone else. Now that's what I call hard working illegals! I'm sure that this is a typical story because I have many more! Oh by the way it was 80 sheets of this wonderfull stuff to install on 1/4" steel that had to be drilled and screwed down. The illegals did do the screwing part, seems as though they're good at screwing around.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!

"The white people don't work like us," he said. "You know what I mean?"
    I hate when they say stuff like that. I will agree they are hard workers....but those that have been here for awhile, slow down after awhile. I've been by homes and work sites to where you see 6 hispanic guys...5 standing and watching and 1 digging. My mother and father-n-law had carpeting installed. Different places at different times. One place sent 3 hispanics to install.....the other place sent 1 white guy. My father-n-law said the hispanics worked like a team....one carried, one rolled, one nailed etc. So it went faster......while the white guy had to do it all by himself. Same fee.....but anyone knows a "team" of workers gets more done more quickly and is less tired than sending one guy to do it all alone all day. I've watched various landscaping jobs....each one has one specific duty and they do it and the next does his on down the line to where you see some visible results more quickly so it seems they're working harder......but then alot of times the quality suffers when speed is of the essence. Kind of like "fine dining" vs get em in and get em out.

Americans have I suppose gotten used to getting paid in proportion to effort and quality and education and what you should expect for that. Business has altered how that goes in their quest for cheap. So I don't think how hard someone works is the total picture. There's plenty of people working 50+ hours a week and just because they aren't out in the sun and breaking a sweat....doesn't mean they aren't working hard.

I've been "waited on" by hispanics who rudely walk off and don't help you. Cashiers who can't even muster a "thank you". So maybe they handle the sun but they haven't been customer friendly. What one person is good at another might not be. So to base the entire race on one aspect of "work" isn't right either.

This shows who the real racists are, doesn't it?

It also makes one wonder what will happen if people with that kind of racist attitude come to be the majority in this country, and with that majority, have the political power to control the nation? Ever heard of the Plan of San Diego?

If this isn't the invasion and conquest of the USA by people who are loyal to another nation, then what is!?!?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by JoinTheFight
    This is one of the reasons the us economy is the way it is. They take the money and send it all back while taking from health care, not paying taxes and receiving government benefits.

And Americans pay for all of it.
    When they wire money back home, we need to impose a 20% tax on it with those funds to go to funding the border fence!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Why don't we make it a large enough percentage to keep them from doing it. Or better yet we can make it a high enough percentage that it would be better to go back home to work?
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast