Like Tree13Likes

Thread: WHY ARE YOU TAKING HIM?: TRAUMA LINGERS FROM 'ZERO TOLERANCE' IMMIGRATION POLICY THAT

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WHY ARE YOU TAKING HIM?: TRAUMA LINGERS FROM 'ZERO TOLERANCE' IMMIGRATION POLICY THAT

'Why are youtaking him?': Trauma lingers from 'zero tolerance' immigration policy that separates parents, kids

McALLEN, Texas— As he struggled to sleep in a federal holding cell without his5-year-old son, Genin Rodas’ American dreams — a job in San Francisco,sending cash back home to his wife and three other children in Honduras, a good education for his son, Edison — dissolved like smoke.

None of that suddenly mattered, he said. All he wanted was his son back.

“I kept asking myself, ‘Why did I come here? Why did I risk my son’s life and my life to come here?’” Rodas said from a refugee center in this border city. “It means nothing if I don’t have my son.”

Rodas was among 40 or so immigrants huddled last week at the Catholic Charities Humanitarian Respite Center here, where dozens of immigrants show up each day after being released from U.S. Border Patrol custody.

Many of the people at the center had just experienced the U.S. government’s new “zero tolerance” policy and the family separation resulting from it. Rodas, like others here, was reunited with his son after four days. But the policy, launched in May, is raising questions of legality and ethics by legal experts and immigrant advocates.

Last month, the Trump administration began stepping up criminal prosecutions of people crossing the border without authorization, charging nearly everyone entering without papers with a federal misdemeanor. By doing so, under law, children entering the USA along side adults fall under the care of the Office of Refugee Settlement, or ORR, while those criminal cases are pursued.

U.S. officials have not released exact numbers on children being held or whether parents are being deported without their children.

One federal public defender estimated there are more than 400 children being held in the McAllen area alone. Several lawsuits are challenging the policy.

Supporters say the new policy is necessary to enforce existing laws and could help stem a recent rise in unauthorized arrivals. Last month, Homeland Security took 51,912 immigrants into custody, nearly three times the number detained in May 2017, when illegal immigration plummeted following Trump’s inauguration.

“The number of people trying to cross into this country illegally is increasing at a startling rate,” said Jessica Vaughn, of the Center for Immigration Studies, a non-profit research institute that promotes stricter immigration control. “When there are meaningful consequences for illegal entry, people think twice about doing it.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/06/10/immigrants-zero-tolerance-mcallen-separate-families-trump/687348002/
    Last edited by Beezer; 06-10-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

We are taking "him" because YOU are a criminal trespassing illegal alien with NO authorization to be in OUR country.

No authorization to WORK in our country and we DO NOT owe your son education here! Your President does.

American parents are put in jail every day without THEIR children. They are handed over to their relatives or Social Services.

YOU are not special...YOU are not above the Law.

NOW SEND EVERY CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 18 BACK INTO THE CARE AND CUSTODY OF THEIR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AND HIS MOTHER CAN GO PICK HIM UP!

HE HAS 4 CHILDREN...LEFT HIS WIFE AND 3 OF THEM BEHIND!

I SUGGEST YOU GET A VASECTOMY OR GET HER ON BIRTH CONTROL AND STOP HAVING MORE MOUTHS YOU CANNOT FEED! THEY ARE NOT THE USA'S RESPONSIBILITY!

"OPERATION RETURN TO SENDER"

PUT GENIN RODAS IN FEDERAL TENT CITY ON FEDERAL LAND FOR 90 DAYS AND THEN DEPORT HIM BACK TO HONDURAS!

NOW GET ON YOUR CELL PHONE AND GET THE WORD OUT...DO NOT COME HERE!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    “The number of people trying to cross into this country illegally is increasing at a startling rate,” said Jessica Vaughn, of the Center for Immigration Studies, a non-profit research institute that promotes stricter immigration control. “When there are meaningful consequences for illegal entry, people think twice about doing it.”
    Amen to that!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post

NOW GET ON YOUR CELL PHONE AND GET THE WORD OUT...DO NOT COME HERE!
    Yes!
    “I kept asking myself, ‘Why did I come here? Why did I risk my son’s life and my life to come here?’” Rodas said from a refugee center in this border city. “It means nothing if I don’t have my son.”
    Yes, get the word out. You should have applied for immigration, the legal way. You chose the illegal way!