Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

hmmmm, salted peanuts in Coca Cola suits me better than a Moon Pie but I can't say I wouldn't accept a Moon Pie before a burrito.

Churros here have cinnamon on them, not chocolate.

And Sopapillas ae AWESOME! I don't mind exchanging recipes.

But my number one favorite TYPE of food is Greek.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

middleastern food is best-
    and .......... i did a search and found 150 mexican restaurents in the portland area- yeech that includes taco bell - but every mexican has to open a restaurent.
    mexican food no es good

Personally, I LIKE some MEXICAN FOOD BUT I am boycotting Mexican restaurants! Maybe that's not fair because I would GUESS that, in order to have a business like that, they would SURELY be legal?????
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I only boycott Mexican restaurants where the help doesn't speak English or the menu is printed in only Spanish. As you can imagine, there are plenty of them here--like one on every street corner!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

oops! thelmahopkins, I missed your post. I LOVE Middle Eastern food but, same way as with Mexican restaurants, if I'm in the US, I won't eat at one where the staff doesn't speak English. Greek food and Mid East food are similar and where I am there are no Mid Eastern restaurants anymore that I know of and only two Greek.

But I do love Mexican food--mostly TexMex. Taco Bell is more TexMex than Mexican if you ask me. And I don't know if anyone is aware or not but Taco Bell has (or did have a couple years ago) the highest cleanliness standards of any fast food restaurant in the USA. And I also have to admit that once you eat mexican food somewhere like El Paso, TX or Las Cruces, NM, there is no such thing as Mexican food anywhere else. LOL

Well, I'll go back to one of our two Mexican restaurants and see if any of them speak English because I do LIKE Mexican food. But, like you, JJ, I like the TEXMEX variety. I didn't particularly LIKE the food in Cancun. First of all, I don't like to eat ANYTHING I can't IDENTIFY!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

LOL Bootsie! If I don't know what it is , I don't even THINK about eating it. Not that I won't try something new as long as it isn't roadkill or something but I'd at least like to know what it started out looking like.

FOMCLMAO!!!! ROADKILL!!! OOH, YUCK. I just finished supper, thanks!

Actually, if you want to get technical about it, fajitas are Tex Mex and thus they are 100% all American. I think Chili's restaurant invented them but I'm not too sure about that.

You know--that is something that took me YEARS to realize. I just always thought that tacos, fajitas, etc. were MEXICAN FOOD until the past couple of years when it's been pointed out to me that those are really TEX MEX! SO, I can feel better about eating those things!!! And, like I said earlier, what I found in Cancun was unrecognizable. I don't think I even SAW a taco while I was there. I KNOW they didn't serve that at our hotel because I never saw ANYTHING that I recognized at our meals and we finally ended up finding some steak and burger restaurant in order to eat something we could ID!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast