Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Absolutely, Arizona. I don't think Chilis invented fajitas because I heard of them long before I heard of chilis but they are definitely tex mex ingredients. What people here in El Paso call chili, what people in Panama call chili, etc, are way different that what I called Chili all my life.

But then, what Texans call barbeque and what I call barbeque aren't even in the same ball park!

I have to admit that some of the stuff the Mexican people eat, I can't eat anymore at all because it kills my stomach but I can't say that it doesn't taste good. They make some kind of corn with cinnamon on it in a big crock pot around here that looks interesting. If I can find someone who speaks enough English to tell me what else besides corn and cinnamon is in that pot one of these days, I'll give it a try.

Back east, the churches had "pancake breakfasts" to raise money. Here they have "menudo breakfasts." Now that is one thing that smells really good to me but I just can't bring myself to try because nobody will tell me what is in it and I believe it's supposed to be made with tripe but the meat in what they are eating out here doesn't look like tripe. Roadkill, maybe?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PROBLABLY roadkill! I'd steer clear!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I've joined this discussion rather late and as far as Moon Pies go I've never eaten one but have heard about them. Can anyone tell me if they are as yummy as Twinkies or Dingdongs?
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Oh! There was a little "roundup" at a Chinese restaurant that has several locations in our area within the past couple years. A couple of Asians were deported over that. So if they people all of a sudden don't speak English in the Oriental restaurants, be suspicious. In fact. be even more suspicious than you are of the Mexican places because Asians are more likely to learn English in this country and the ones who don't are usually very new here or very illegal here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have noticed that Asians tend to WANT to speak our language and are more apt to assimilate.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Annie, MoonPies are marshmallow pies with soft cookies in between them covered in chocolate. Oh, yes, they are good. I think they are too big to eat all at one time but you can always cut one in half and save half for later. Yummy!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234