Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WNC Hispanics want their voices heard in state legislature

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs. ... 10323/1001

By Lindsay Nash
    STAFF WRITER
    published: May 1, 2005 6:00 am

ASHEVILLE - While North Carolina legislators were in town Saturday touring the area, one local Hispanic organization got together to talk about advocating the issues important to them.

The Asheville Latin Americans for Advancement Society met to discuss changes in the driver's license law and a bill involving in-state college tuition.

"Our objective is to teach people how to become advocates and build personal relationships with legislators," said Edna Campos, spokeswoman for ALAAS.

The organization would like to see the driver's license law stay the same, Campos said, and have state accept other forms of documents other than U.S birth certificates.

State law requires an applicant for a driver's license, identification card, or learner's permit to present a Social Security number or individual taxpayer identification number. House Bill 40 would prohibit the use of the taxpayer identification number and would require applicants to demonstrate they are U.S. citizens or are here with authorization.

"There are a large amount of workers who rely on driving to get to work," said Asheville resident Jose Ruiz, who gave a presentation on the proposed changes to the law. "Driving is a necessity for most jobs."

Along with the driver's license law, local Hispanics are advocating for a bill that would allow students who have been in N.C. schools for at least four years be considered for in-state tuition at a N.C. college.

The legislation, House Bill 1182, would provide an incentive for more Hispanics to complete high school and later on would provide more bilingual workers in the workforce, Campos said.

"There are a lot of times that students in high school drop out because they don't see college as an option," Campos said. "Why finish if there is no way you can go to college?" The bill would also ask students to commit the citizenship process, Campos said.

N.C. legislators were in Western North Carolina over the weekend to tour the area and learn more about the region.

They were all invited to participate in the ALAAS session, but none could attend.

Contact Nash at 828-232-5953 or lnash@CITIZEN-TIMES.com.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Thank you for bringing this to the forums. Ill share it with the Battle for NC team.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No problem W. Is it me or did she forget to mention the word ILLEGAL? Hispanic Americans are welcome to enter the University Systmem in NC.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

No problem W. Is it me or did she forget to mention the word ILLEGAL? Hispanic Americans are welcome to enter the University Systmem in NC.
    I don't think she forgot--it was intentional.
    We wouldn't want her to include anything relevant.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Re: WNC Hispanics want their voices heard in state legislatu

House Bill 40 would prohibit the use of the taxpayer identification number and would require applicants to demonstrate they are U.S. citizens or are here with authorization.
    Gee....sounds like a Great Idea to me! US Citizen = LEGAL

The legislation, House Bill 1182, would provide an incentive for more Hispanics to complete high school and later on would provide more bilingual workers in the workforce, Campos said.
    Hmmm...there's that "bilingual workers in the workforce" again. Why or why would this be helpful or necessary in the United States, a nation of Citizens who speak English?

"There are a lot of times that students in high school drop out because they don't see college as an option," Campos said. "Why finish if there is no way you can go to college?" The bill would also ask students to commit the citizenship process, Campos said.
    Hey!! Welcome to the Human Race!! 70% of Americans can't afford to send their children to ANY COLLEGE!! Well....since this massive flood of illegal immigrants taking all the jobs....it may be 75% of Americans can't afford to send their children to any college NOW.

N.C. legislators were in Western North Carolina over the weekend to tour the area and learn more about the region.
    They were all invited to participate in the ALAAS session, but none could attend.
    "all NC legislators invited, but none could attend"

Tide Turning.....

SO, may we ask "What was newsworthy about this non-event?"

The fact that nobody came to their Advocacy Shindig from the North Carolina Legislature.

HooooooRa!!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The fact that nobody came to their Advocacy Shindig from the North Carolina Legislature.
    Maybe they are finally realizing which side of the bread the butter is on.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

DATAMAN wrote
    Maybe they are finally realizing which side of the bread the butter is on.
    That or the sneaky little buggers are keeping a low profile until some of the "heat" is off

Personally, LOL, I think that the HEAT is only going to get turned up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Seems to me that immigrants who are in this country legally would have identification to prove their citizenship. If not, tough--take a bus!

And as for Hispanbics having representation in the state legislature, let them run a candidate and see who wins just like the rest do. There is no law stopping any legal US citizen from running for public office. But there are laws against forcing people to vote for a specific candidate.

Are there actually that many aliens there in NC that they have any backing?

They all have the backing of a former Governor, 4 term, 16 years, Jim Hunt, now with a big law firm Womble Carlyle that has offices in Winston-Salem where the Wombles are from. They also specialize in "economic development".

I yet to know a lawyer that created a job in the economy....so I believe this firm represents big globalist interests world-wide.

Jim Hunt stated in the newspaper that he'd just returned from Asia.

Hunt would not go to Asia on his own ticket....he was sent there by Womble Carlyle is my guess.

Ever met a corporate guy travelling the world on business and paying for it himself????

Get my Drift???

NC also has major investments in Bio-Tech and Bio-Engineering....connect to genetically modified foods....control the food supply....control the world.

Jim Hunt is connected to El Pueblo, helping them lobby the NC HB 1183. Hunt called all his democratic friends and got all those sponsors to the bill at least that's the inference made from the news articles.

Jim Hunt also explained about "globalism" in his press conference on NC HB 1183....I guess he thought he was going to dazzle us with his brilliance.

But some of us knew what that meant....and knew we didn't want it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast