Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Interesting" artwork from around the nation.

Any ideas where the artist who created this places his loyalties?

These two are from a place in San Diego known as "Chicano Park".. does not sound like non-chicanos are very welcome to me. I wonder what would be said if there were a place named "Anglos Park"?

The following are two views of the same mural.. note the placement of the American Flag. Flying a flag upside down symbolizes one of two things, distress, or an insult to the nation whose flag is flown in this manner. I wonder which this is meant to be?

And then there is this beauty. Note what it seems to be advocating with regards to the F.B.I, CIA, and IMF (as for the IMF, I am slightly sympathetic to this artists views)

Welcome to California.

welcome to california artwork

There's nothing better than looking at beautiful artwork splashed all over our parklands, bridges, and scenic rest stops, etc. It really classes up the place. It makes it look homey, like a third world nation.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Where is the EXACT address of the mexican flag wall site? Is that in the park with those other pictures or are we talking two separate locations?

Hmm.. will have to look around a bit. I believe that one, as well as the one with the dude shooting the FBI etc, were in El Paso.

In San Francisco's Mission district we have some entire streets (usually from 1 to 3 blocks) where the entire area is one continous mural.People come from across the country to video tape and photograph this.If you're ever in the area one of the main streets is Balmy@24th st.

Notice Zapata in the San Diego picture has the words "Tierra y Libertad"?

MEChA has that expression on some of their chapter sites, which means Land and Liberty. Since this is on the picture of Zapata, I am less inclined to consider this a reconquista expression. However, in the context of a MEChA site, it definitely is a "reconquista of Aztlan" expression.

I wonder if warm, dilute ammonia (the warm self made yellowish form), would help to scrub off some of that filth

H

(did I say that???)

Quote Originally Posted by SaveOurState
    Notice Zapata in the San Diego picture has the words "Tierra y Libertad"?

MEChA has that expression on some of their chapter sites, which means Land and Liberty. Since this is on the picture of Zapata, I am less inclined to consider this a reconquista expression. However, in the context of a MEChA site, it definitely is a "reconquista of Aztlan" expression.
    There used to be (not sure about now) around this time a year at most colleges here in Ca. what they called raza day.It was sponsored by MECHA and recruited college bound seniors from the local high schools.Cal Berkeley's should be coming up and is worth a look just to see how they go about recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveOurState
    Where is the EXACT address of the mexican flag wall site? Is that in the park with those other pictures or are we talking two separate locations?
    The painted freeway supports look like they belong to San Diego's own Chicano Park located http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cesar+...7768&t=k&hl=en here. The park is under the freeway and the land was demanded from CalTrans back in the 70s. CalTrans was going to put a CHP station here but "activists" marched and got their park.

Recently the street in front of the park was named Cesar Chavez Pkwy. How appropriate.

The "takeover" of the park [their words] is described in detail at http://www.chicanoparksandiego.com/history/page1.html.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast