Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jim DeMint Threatens To Leave Current Republican Party

Jim DeMint Threatens To Leave Current Republican Party

Real Clear Politics

VIDEO: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... party.html

"I don't want to be in Washington another six years and watch the Republican party betray the trust of the American people again. I mean, we had the White House. We had a majority in the House and the Senate. We voted for more spending and more earmarks. Most of our senior members seem to be focused on taking home the bacon. I'm not going to be in a Republican party like that and that's not what the Republican Party is across America," Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) told FOX News.

Source: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... party.html
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

senior members seem to be focused on taking home the bacon
    SO they are crooks!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Woohoo!! Tell it, Sen Demint!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is about time, although maybe too little, too late.

Why did he not speak out before Obama was elected? Did he support McCain for President? If so, why?

That is the problem - lip service, but they keep on doing same ole, same ole. The Republican party has provided us here in Georgia with candidates you would not trust with your bank account, yet they are served up and touted with no other options. We demand honesty and integrity and do not have it with Johnny Isakson for senator (helped McCain write the amnesty bill and was a former Democrat) and Nathan Deal for Governor (voted the most corrupt member of Congress).

I am P***ed off with DeMint to offer this now, where was he when these lackluster candidates were being decided before the primary? Isn't he in charge of funds for the senators?

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    senior members seem to be focused on taking home the bacon
    SO they are crooks!
    No, they aren't, while some are most aren't, and for DeMint to imply this at this time is either for some personal reason on his part or a mis-statement taken out of context. I heard this on Greta's show and what I think he was trying to say was Republicans made mistakes last time we were in control, and he's right, some of our representatives and senators did screw up. They should have already secured the borders, they should have told Bush to take his free trade treason crap and shove it where the sun don't shine, they should have passed the FairTax and told the tax preparers' anti-FairTax lobby to go swim up a rope, but they didn't.

The issues Americans have been divided over, shouldn't even be issues. All Americans should want to stop illegal immigration, enforce our laws, deport illegal aliens and secure our borders so they stop coming and don't get back in after we deport them. All Americans should want to stop automatic birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens. All Americans should want our 800,000 state and local police officers enforcing US immigration law. All Americans should want to protect our trade, maintain balanced trade payments and compete for trade surpluses. All Americans should want to repeal the mandated income tax and replace it with a FairTax. All Americans should want a balanced federal budget with no deficits ever for anything other than a war fought to defend our country. All Americans should want to stop a Mosque at Ground Zero. All Americans should support want to pass school vouchers and privatize education to return choice and freedom to education and the learning process as well as save our taxpayers $300 billion a year in the process. All Americans should want to repeal drug laws and replace them with a legalized, regulated, taxed trade under the FairTax and fund education and rehab with taxes only drug users pay. All Americans should want to preserve the privacy of a woman and preserve her natural right to end an unwanted pregnancy.

But instead, we are still divided on some things that we shouldn't even be debating, simple matters that should have been resolved and behind us long ago.

Nevertheless, Americans are uniting. They are paying attention, they are rooting out the truth and considering facts and information they hadn't considered before and my firm belief is that Americans will get it right. They will make corrections in 2010 and again in 2012 such that within a couple of years we will have our country back, we will be in charge, and while we can listen and muse over the comments of 1 person who makes the spotlight now and then, the far greater and deeper truth will emerge from the will and rock of reason inherent to the American people instead of the words of off-script politicians, and set us free once again.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn