Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

National Day of Protest - Herndon VA (pics are coming)

The Herndon Demonstration was quite peaceful, and almost uneventful until a guy name Chris stopped at the curb with a bag of fresh (warm) bagels and coffee. WE LOVE YOU CHRIS!

We didn't learn about the demo until New Years Day when Paul contacted us, so there were only about 40 Minutemen and their supporters present. The Day Labor Center supporters were but a handful. LULAC promised to come, but must have had more important things to do because they were a no-show.

In Herndon the continual presence of the Minutemen, always camera ready, has dramatically reduced the number of contractors stopping the “Official Herndon Workers Center.� Project Hope & Harmony, the administrator of the site is countering though and now offers a new service, Phone-In Job Requisitions. Contractors can call in their “hiring needs,� and PH&H makes arrangements with the illegals to meet at a convenient location (other than the Center).

And for this the tax payers are shelling out $170,000?

Some of the Herndon Minutemen

Help Save Herndon Member

Herndon Supporter

Not so happy contractor

Entrance to Herndon Site

I guess people call in pretending they were looking for work to see where they are doing the pick ups..
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Thanks June. Got any pictures you can share with us here on the boards?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I posted some pictures in my original post. This was my first try with this format and it didn't hurt a bit.

Re: National Day of Protest - Herndon VA (pics are coming)

Quote Originally Posted by JuneS_Reston
    And for this the tax payers are shelling out $170,000?
    Hi June,

Excuse me, cough! cough! This phone in scheme is somehow taxpayer funded?

Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

This entire center operations and the administrators salaries are all paid with tax dollars. Fairfax County allocated $500,000 in 2005 for Day Labor Centers.

A $170,000 grant was given to Project Hope & Harmony to run the Herndon Center. The building (old Police Station) was given to PH&H by the town, exempt from taxes. Even the mobile food truck contract for the laborers is paid with tax dollars.

Everything associated with the Center is tax payer funded. This is why the Town and County are being sued.

June, I never have understood how the commissioners or whatever they're called there could approve that center with so many citizens against it.

Since they phone in to pre-arrange pick-up spots now, what will the brand new center be used for now?

You guys ever considered phoning "hire an illegal"? You could have them scattered all over town.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)