Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Northern California pics

Official moving company. The local consulates helping hand

Do they mean the stolen ones too?

Not very welcoming if you were born here, is it?

I'm surprised California didn't wave the color requirements allow the mexican flag colors as background

The speaker of the california state legislature salutes a mexican flag while on a quasi official trip to the homeland
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

I don't understand! Why? Sarcasm towards hispanics, no I might as well say it Mexicans. What is it that these pictures and comments are suppose to represent? Are we against illegal immigration, or the entire immigration population as a whole, legal or illegal? I am just a little confused, could some one please clarify it for me.

Aracely,

I agree any culture has a mix of good and bad. The best way to get an opponent to adhere to a set of positive shared shared values is by our learning to extoll exampes in their own background. Ayatolla
    does not see that there are any judging by his captions. For one using buzzard rag for the Mexican flag ignores the positive part of the Mexican culture. If a Mexican Heritage Plaza is bad what about Solvang http://www.Solvang.org or New Braunfels. I welcome Mexicans to the US I just want that their presence here be on the very same terms that Mexico welcomes having immigrants and outsiders.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If they were an American bar owner they'd have to take those signs down. They're 'rascist'. Sauce for the goose must be sauce for the gander.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I think these pictures illustrate the heavy dose of Mexican nationalism that accompanies rampant illegal immigration.

These images show that many have no desire or design to integrate with America as a nation or American culture.

Yes, they are in America but they do not plan to become AMERICANS.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ayatollah's Note:

It is the pandering, the selective encouragement, and the bias that stands out when I choose these photos. The business district that both solicited and shepherded the placement of the "Bienvenidos" banners surrendered their neutral position on the race and nationality format when they chose a foreign language endemic to Latin America rather than that of the northern portion of this continent. They seek only to encourage the flow of Latin American people to this area. You do not drive down the street and see banners that say "Hafaadai", "Welcome", "Bonjour", or anything else for that matter. Placement of these banners on private property is annoying, but that is their right. Place it on public property permanently and it is an affront to all other nationals, or to most Americans, the majority of which have spoken in volumnes regarding the English language being the doorway to assimilating here in America.

The freeway sign falls into another category. Would you defend its' placement if it were to say "Nazi Heritage Plaza". There is after all, plenty of offspring still alive who could demand such equal treatment under the law if this type of proclamation is acceptable now. That is exactly what this would lead to, if not already. Thousands of signs sprouting up all over the already polluted California highways extolling the virtues of being descended from a foreign nation, or foreign government. Past or present I might add, since once the rules allow for such inclusiveness, even the remnants of an oppressive regime the likes of Idi Amin's Uganda could be demanded. Would "Pol Pot Plaza" look good to you?

The sign in the car window has deeper and more far reaching implications than I can divulge today. Maybe as such, I should have held back that photo until the entire story could be told. I'll consider that and possibly remove it until then.

The picture of Fabian Nunez swearing allegiance to a foreign flag, and a foreign nation is such an obnoxious gesture that it has been censored from many forms of internet media that I have tried to post it on. And by that, I mean those who are openly pro Latin American, multicultural, or heavily liberal in readership. Because swearing allegiance to a foreign nation while serving your own would be perceived by most patriotic Americans as both traiterous and seditious, the act of a high ranking politician doing so in a public venue should be publicized. The possibilites of our governmental policies being directed by someone who cannot decide which government he supports to the exclusion of the other worries the hell out of me. Let's see if anyone else is concerned. By the way, the act of Americans saluting the foreign flag of another nation has been reviled on both southern and northern ends of the continent. That flag would once again be the flag of Nazi Germany. How can you not see the parallel. Pick your country, take your stand. For me, it's the American flag, and the American nation. All others are just friends or foes. You can't be individually loyal to two countries, or two wives.

The photo of the moving truck is just to illustrate the willing participation the local arm of the mexican government has in promoting the movement of their citizens here while encouraging them to cling to their mexican roots. It's real hard to see it any other way. Mexico doesn't lift finger one in that country to help move their citizens around. Yet here in America, they boldly proclaim their effort for all to see. It looks like a case of false advertisement to me.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

The town that I am from like Solvang California http://www.solvang.org has a Danish connection and has street signs written in both English and Danish.

There is a large legal Mexican American community and quite a bit of it is lined up against the border jumpers. Shouldn't they have a right to be proud of their own heritage like you or me?
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexican American you say? Sounds like someone has committment issues.
    I view this the way many new husbands might look at thier wives desire to keep the name of her first husband during her second marriage; I doubt it would be looked upon any more favorably if she gave him contributing credits.
    I've got so much more to be proud of than my ancestry. Mainly because I don't rely on it for reassurance, special treatment, or recognition. But I have been accused of having advantages based on it. So if it is so easily mis-used, why should we keep its' reference? If everyone that is born to America, or immigrates here legally claims only that, there will be little in the way of cultural battles after a short time. Especially so if a conflict breaks out in the old country and threatens to spill over here. Half of my grandparentage immigrated to the US. They kept a few cultural habits over the years, but nothing outwardly noticable by the neighbors. Pride did not suffer any setbacks over it that I could tell.

hmm, as for what "W" said, the flags, the plaza, all of that does not mean they do not wan to become Americans. Sorry, they is practically refering to me. Yes, I am a legal immigrant(waht you are ok with) but I am proud of my heritage, of my native flag, of my language, food, dances, so much to offer. That doesn't mean that I am not American or that I am not proud of my hamburgers, of my rights, of my flag. It doesn't mean that if I were to be called to war that I would not go. And I think that is where there is the problem. Where people don't understand, that being proudful of my heritage doesn't make me or anyone else for that matter un-American.

My dad was called a whore, because he is Mexican and wore a shirt with a small American flag on the anneversary of Sept. 11, in memory of those that died. By the way my dad is legal as well, but because he has a accent, and is Mexican its like he sold himself to the US so he was called a whore. By a co-worker, well not really because he was technically her boss. Which also angered many there, the fact that he is Mexican American and their boss was beyond something they could accept. So does my dad fall under these accusations, when like many other Americans he to felt the pain of this country.

Its people like this that anger me, people who refuse to accept different cultures, you can get rid of the illegal immigrants, but the culture will still be here. Why? Becasue of people like me. No, I am not going to but America down, hate it, or try to impose my culture on anyone. But I do ask for tolerence towards my rights. I have the right to express my self don't I, well I can express my pride for my culture. Speak spanish if I wish to do it, listent to Spanish music(which I do all time), Eat at a "taqueria"(please dont be insulted by my spanish).

Mexican Americans is a contradiction that mexicans in the US are trying to cram down the throats of Americans. When you immigrate to a country, you drop the old ones' name. That's why you don't hear many people in Mexico claim to be Salvadoran Mexican or if they're really brave, Guatemalan Mexican. Sounds like you father chose his flag, and the noble attitude. Once you make a choice you often have to defend it. If name calling was all that he suffered over it, then he got away with a warning this time.
    Legal immigration is the more acceptable of version, however dual citizenship is a false premise here in America. Read the constitution and then you might wish to reconsider the choice
    By the way, the correct spelling is "Lie" not Ly. And I didn't dislike the mexican language until I was forced to hear it every day in my culture. I got rights too you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast