by Brandon Darby 7 Aug 2013, 9:00 AM PDT
breitbart.com

Both Democrat and Republican leaders continue to espouse that the U.S. border with Mexico is secure, but I found the exact opposite to be true when I went to the border on assignment for Breitbart News.

These videos expose the ease at which illegal crossings occur in the southeast Texas area known as the Valley, one of the most heavy areas for illegal crossing into the United States.

The first video I took revealed a gaping hole in the border fence that resulted from a massive gate never having been installed. The opening was slightly more than 100 yards from the Rio Grande, the river that separates the U.S. from Mexico in Texas. I walked to the river, then walked through the open gate into a U.S. neighborhood. I did not see any security or border patrols for 30-35 minutes.

Approximately one mile from this gaping hole, I found the end of the border fence. The end of the border fence sits between another U.S. neighborhood and the river. A "wildlife management area" extends less than a mile between the fence and the river.

Here is the exclusive video:

A short trip down the road into the "wildlife management area" reveals the river to be unprotected. A small unopened gate with a maze of dirt roads led one mile to the Rio Grande. The area was littered with clothes, Mexican beer bottles, heavy jackets, and items not common for the 100+ degree temperature of the area. The heavy clothing are often worn by illegal border-crossers to reduce the damage from thorns and brush as they flee from U.S. border patrols.

Here is the exclusive video of the entrance to the "wildlife management area" in between a U.S. neighborhood and Mexico. The only gate of any kind can be seen:

One mile past the open gate is the Rio Grande river. Across the river is the Gulf cartel-controlled region of Mexico. This exclusive video shows the river at this point:

After a long expanse of unsecured border, my journey brought me to the Los Ebanos Ferry Crossing. The crossing had a small U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement staff. Viewers will be shocked at how narrow the river is in the area and at the primitive nature of the crossing. Local reports discuss watching young men swim from Mexico in the evenings, after the checkpoint closes. Here is the exclusive video:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...nsecured-Video