Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Opposes CAFTA Central American Free Trade Agreement

ALL PARTICIPANTS IN OUR LOBBYING EFFORT ARE ASKED TO READ THE FOLLOWING FIRST.

PLEASE READ OUR INITIAL RELEASE
    ALIPAC launches effort to oppose CAFTA and Amnesty bills in Congress!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... le&sid=484

&

ALIPAC's Lobbying tips and suggestions
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=25

--------------------------------------------------

Action Plan

CAFTA VOTE IN THE HOUSE ON WED or THURS!

1. Please contact all members of Congress starting with your own Representative by phone. E-mail and mail contact is encouraged, but phone calls are the most important.

2. Call in to talk radio formats and warn the public to contact Congress and tell them to vote "No on CAFTA" "No on Guest Worker Amnesty"

3. Post on web forums, send e-mails, and send in letters to the editor of your local, state, and national newspapers.

-------------------------------------------------------

Our MESSAGES.

CAFTA and the McCain Kennedy Amnesty bill will bring more impoverished immigrants from the 3rd world into America by the millions. Both bills will make illegal immigration worse.

CAFTA compromises our borders, the US Constitution, and our national identity.

CAFTA will further devastate the wages, job markets, and quality of life for Americans and for those in Central America forcing more to flee north as illegal aliens just like NAFTA has done.

CAFTA is not supported by the public but is supported by Global corporations. America belongs to Americans "We the People"

CAFTA is intended to create a free flow of goods, services, and people across our borders. We do not want more people entering America since our current immigration levels are unprecedented and 3/4 illegal.

The supporters of CAFTA and the McKennedy bill (US Chamber of Commerce and Committee on Foreign Relations) are trying to institute a new national structure that encompasses the entire North American continent. This has not been discussed with the public nor have Americans been asked to approve of the plan. Americans that know about the plan do not approve.

These bills are supported by the lobbyist of Global Corporations that want to erase America's borders.

The supporters of these bills are trying to hyper-inflate America's consumer and labor markets against the wishes of a super majority of Americans.

Big Business is threatening to cut off big campaign contributions to members of Congress that side with the American public over their business plan through CAFTA and McKennedy.

CAFTA would allow corporate tribunals to set policy more that our state governments and the US Government.

CAFTA violates the US Constitution by giving away parts of the lawmaking authority of the American Republic to international interests.

To read a collection of articles about CAFTA click here.

To read a collection of articles about the McCain Kennedy Amnesty click here.

-------------------------------------------------------

Resources

For phone numbers, addresses, and e-mails of members of Congress

Visit www.house.gov

Call members of Congress in DC toll Free

1-877-762-8762

Contact LINKS for US HOUSE
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-5607.html

PLEASE POST QUESTIONS AND UPDATES ON YOUR ACTIVITIES BELOW THIS POST.

TRACKING Who is FOR / AGAINST/ CAFTA AT THIS TIME

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-6971.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Congressman Charles Taylor Email to me Regarding CAFTA

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to CAFTA (the Central American Free Trade Agreement). I always appreciate hearing from constituents and greatly benefit from knowing their views.

As you are certainly aware, I voted against NAFTA (the North American Free Trade Agreement) and I view similar trade agreements with the same suspicion and wariness. International trade policies such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) have wreaked havoc on the economy of WNC in recent years. I strongly opposed the NAFTA agreement with Mexico and Canada because of my belief that NAFTA would degrade the quality of life which is made possible by our health, safety and environmental laws and would cost thousands of U.S. jobs. Unfortunately, this belief was well-founded: since its passage, NAFTA has devastated numerous industries and regional economies -- such as the textile manufacturing industry in WNC -- by encouraging many companies to move their operations to Mexico, attracted by cheaper labor and less stringent environmental regulations. Western North Carolina has more than shared in this economic loss, as several major employers have closed plants and laid off workers in our area. One of my primary responsibilities as Representative of the Eleventh District is to attract job opportunities to our region; NAFTA has made this goal infinitely more difficult. I am certain that CAFTA will cause similar effects. Please be assured that I will cast my vote in opposition to the Central American Free Trade Agreement.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If I can be of any further assistance regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. Additionally, if you would like to receive my weekly email update, Capitol Connection, just visit www.house.gov/charlestaylor/email.htm to sign up for the newsletter. With warmest regards, I am,

Congressman Charles Taylor
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Date: Monday, June 27, 2005

To: United States Senate
    Elizabeth Dole
    Phone: 202-224-6342; Fax: 202-224-1100

Subject: VOTE NO ON CAFTA

Dear Senator Dole,

I am an industrial real estate broker in North Carolina that works with companies nationally and have been in economic development related activites professionally for almost 30 years and am requesting that you RECONSIDER your position on CAFTA. My County has lost 3000 manufacturing jobs since 2003; we have 9% unemployment; and are flooded daily with immigrants. There is no job market here to assist Central America without dramatically depriving our citizens. The free low of labor, people and goods clause of CAFTA will increase the flood of foreign nationals into the US and into NC flooding our job markets, increasing unemployment, and reducing the number of jobs available with the exporting of plants, investments and jobs to Central America as provided for and encouraged by the treaty document.

CAFTA is in effect open borders legislation and the end of the United States as a sovereign territory.

I am a 4th generation Republican and have stood by the GOP and its candidates my entire life, but there are things going on led by GOP officials that I do not understand and oppose with all my heart and soul and CAFTA is one of these.

We are in jeopardy in the United States with the uncontrolled immigration problem and CAFTA will be the nail in the coffin.

The President was quoted as saying that he believes the American Worker can compete with any Nation any time, any where.

Well....American Workers COULD compete if they had the jobs, but they are helpless if all the new jobs are being filled by foreign nationals, illegal aliens and immigrants and they are LOSING THEIR JOBS to outsourcing and a labor market flooded with foreign nationals.

That is the intended consequences of CAFTA.

There is no upside to CAFTA for the American People.

Please reconsider your position and VOTE NO ON CAFTA tomorrow.

"A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation." Ronald Reagan.

Best regards,

Judy
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Richard Burr - ATTN: Ethan Winfield
    Phone: 202-224-3154
    Fax: 202-228-2981

Pages: 2

Subject: VOTE NO ON CAFTA - Convince Elizabeth Dole to Vote No

Dear Senator Burr,

It is my understanding that you intend to VOTE NO ON CAFTA tomorrow. Please hang in there and hold on. I understand the President is working hard to negotiate various "incentives" for Senators and Congressman voting No in an attempt to get their vote.

If there is something you need, tell us what it is and we'll make sure you get the funding for North Carolina. Please do not trade your NO VOTE ON CAFTA for some carrot dangled by the White House.

I have been in economic development for almost 30 years and know that CAFTA is wrong for the United States. This treaty has an open borders clause for the free-flow of people, labor and goods into the United States which will flood us with immigrants our economy can not sustain. This treaty opens the door for reverse investment from the US to Central America which is the clause that will drain manufacturing from US Locations and have them relocated to Central America. Between the loss of investment, plant closings being relocated, and the immigrant flood, Americans will lose many more jobs, including North Carolinians, and will experience dramatic deflation in wages and salaries of jobs remaining.

"A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation". Ronald Reagan

Free Trade is a misnomer. There is a price and a cost and Americans pay it. We're done. This is our system, the best economic and business system in the world that has built wealth, prosperity, and economic development throughout our nation for decades with regulated trade. Americans are no longer willing to pay the price or absorb the cost to our society of free trade agreements. They are in essence placing us on a path to a Third World Economy at many levels of our society. Americans do not want open borders legislation and CAFTA is just that with the free flow of people, labor and goods provisions.

My County in North Carolina has 9% unemployment; has lost 3000 manufacturing jobs since 2003; and is presently being flooded with immigrants. There are no jobs here sufficient to employ them and Americans. If we are flooded with more immigrants from Central America and lose more industry to outsourcing and reverse investment, economic disaster is imminent.

Please hold on to your position and VOTE NO ON CAFTA.

Please also speak with Elizabeth Dole. I have contacted her office and sent her a fax requesting she RECONSIDER her position.

I believe the Farm Bureau convinced her there was some benefit to them. We are selling all the food grown and produced in North Carolina. There are no crops rotting in the field unsold. There is no need for additional farm markets at the high price and unaffordable cost to American Society that CAFTA will generate.

Thank you for standing up for the American People, the American Worker and the United States.

Best regards,

Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Kit Bond (Attn: Macey Small or Melissa Ray)
    Phone: 202-224-5721
    Fax: 202-224-8149

Pages: 2

Subject: VOTE NO ON CAFTA and Call Me Please!!

Dear Kit,

It's been awhile since we worked together, but I need your help to defeat CAFTA. I'm in North Carolina now on an industrial redevelopment project. Our County, which is a small county of about 80,000 and a main city which is only 45,000 in total population has lost 3000 manufacturing jobs since 2003. Our county has 9% unemployment yet we are flooded daily with illegal immigrants. As jobs are outsourced and transitioned and unemployed Americans need to apply for the new jobs the little economy is generating in other sectors like service, retail and construction, they are completely shut out from these opportunities by a sophisticated illegal labor trade and network.

CAFTA has open border clauses allowing for the "free flow of people, labor and goods into the United States". This means the United States will be flooded with another set of immigrants in volumes our society can not sustain because our economy can not provide the jobs or incomes needed to support this expanded population. The jobs simply are not here and won't be.

CAFTA also opens the door to American companies to invest in Central America which means that many of our manufacturing corporations will look to Central America as the new home for their plant to enjoy the lower wage rate and perhaps lighter regulatory load. This will hurt Americans when their plant they are employed in is closed and the production moved to a new plant in Central America.

CAFTA is actually Open Borders Legislation. Americans are vehemently opposed to this, yet the White House presses on.

You know I am a 4th generation Republican and this is the first agenda I have opposed and I oppose it with all my heart, mind, soul and 30 years of experience in industrial development.

I also understand that you are working hard to secure funding for new locks and dams apparently needed on the Mississippi. I know Missouri needs this and these updgrades will benefit all of America through improvements to our waterways and transportation on them. We will help you get that funding as it is right and sorely needed for the benefit of all America. Please do not trade a no vote on CAFTA for that funding should the President dangle that carrot.

Also, with respect to the agricultural interests, some of which support CAFTA. Our farmers are selling everything they are growing. There are no crops rotting in the field unsold. Additional markets are fine so long as they have the products to sell, but to burden the American Worker and the American People and the United States with the adverse consequences of CAFTA to sell a few more beans to a third world group of nations, doesn't make economic or political sense to me.

Elizabeth Dole has dissappointingly allied with some farm interest and is supporting CAFTA. I have contacted her and requested a RECONSIDERATION of that position, but believe she needs to hear from her colleagues in the United States Senate.

Much needs to be done to help American Farmers, but CAFTA is not the right means to provide that help. CAFTA is in fact anti-farmer because as CAFTA explodes our population with low income or zero income residents, it will deplete the acreage available for farming use as housing and service developments are constructed on valuable farmland to accommodate them, largely at public expense, and is in essence working at cross-purposes with the long-standing American policy to sustain agriculture production and preserve farmland to meet our Nation's Food and Environmental Requirements.

I look forward to speaking with you about this critical issue for America as it draws to a vote tomorrow. Please consider my input and VOTE NO ON CAFTA. If you have time, I would appreciate your speaking with Elizabeth Dole and working with her to glean her support to incinerate this obnoxious legislation. Thanks Kit. You know that if I promise to help you secure the funding for the locks and dams Missouri and our Nation need, that you can count on a full court press on my part to get that done!!

Best regards,

Judy

Great job Judy! Here is an article posted elsewhere but I figured it would do well here

http://www.ncrumors.com/modules/news/ar ... toryid=477

Jones says, “CAFTA would mean more job losses for Americans.�

Washington, D.C.- In a press conference today, Third District Representative Walter B. Jones joined House colleagues and business organizations to speak out against the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA.) Congressman Jones hosted the bipartisan event with Rep. Sherrod Brown of Ohio.

“CAFTA would mean more job losses for Americans. CAFTA is nothing but an extension of NAFTA (the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement)â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I just got this in an email from AMTAC and thought I would share it here. It is a little different than the one I just posted. We should thank Congressman Jones for opposing CAFTA.

Greg Walden , Oregon on the Fence Lets help him off it Phone 202-225-6730
    Mark Foley, Florida Republican Says No Phone 202-225-5792

Remember that the numbers to the Congress are at
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-5607.html

and Senate are provided at
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-5608.html

Please use them.

Copyright 2005 Financial Times Information
    All rights reserved
    Global News Wire
    Copyright 2005 Voxant Inc
    Capitol Hill Press Releases

June 21, 2005

JONES RELEASE ON CAFTA PRESS CONFERENCE

BODY:

For Immediate Release

Jones release on CAFTA press conference

June 21, 2005

Washington, D.C.- In a press conference today, Third District Representative Walter B. Jones joined House colleagues and business organizations to speak out against the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA.) Congressman Jones hosted the bipartisan event with Rep. Sherrod Brown of Ohio.

CAFTA would mean more job losses for Americans. CAFTA is nothing but an extension of NAFTA (the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement) 85 percent of the language in CAFTA is identical to that in NAFTA, Jones said. Since NAFTA was signed, my home state of North Carolina has lost over 200,000 manufacturing jobs. The U.S. as a whole has lost over 2.5 million manufacturing jobs. Illegal aliens from Mexico have increased from 2 million before NAFTA, to more than 7.5 million. CAFTA will continue these trends.

There s a reason CAFTA rhymes with NAFTA, Rep. Brown said, It s another outsourcing agreement that will lead to more job loss in our nation.

CAFTA provides every incentive to outsource jobs to Central America, Jones said. CAFTA allows China to backdoor fabric into Central America where it can be assembled and shipped into the U.S. duty-free. The last thing we need is to help China. We ve outsourced 1.5 million jobs to China in the last 15 years. It is time we focus on the American worker.

Joining Representatives Jones and Brown were Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. (NJ), Rep. Maxine Waters (CA), Rep. Allyson Schwartz (PA), and Rep. Jan Schakowsky (IL).

At the event, the United States Business and Industry Council (USBIC) released a letter to the Administration signed by 24 business organizations opposed to CAFTA. According to USBIC President Kevin L. Kearns, the letter proves that opposition to CAFTA extends far beyond textile and sugar interests and organized labor. Kearns emphasized, The anti-CAFTA and anti- outsourcing stances expressed by this letter represent the broadest business opposition to a trade initiative in decades.

The letter s signatories include: American Brush Manufacturers Association American Manufacturing Trade Action Coalition American Mold Builders Association Greater Bristol (Connecticut) Chamber of Commerce MADE in the USA Manufacturers Association of Central Florida Manufacturers Association of Central New York Manufacturers Association of South Central Pennsylvania Manufacturers for Fair Trade Manufacturing Alliance of Connecticut Manufacturing Coalition Modular Home Manufacturers Association of the Northeast National Textile Association New England Spring and Metalstamping Association Northeast Ohio Campaign for Manufacturing Precision Machined Products Association Save American Jobs Save American Manufacturing Save American Manufacturing NOW Summit County (Ohio) Machine Shop Group United States Business and Industry Council U.S. Printed Circuit Alliance Western Carolina Industries Westside (Cleveland) Industrial Retention and Expansion Network

The event s speakers included Members of Congress; Alan Tonelson, U.S. Business and Industry Council; Jim Schollaert, American Manufacturing Trade Action Coalition; Fred Tedesco, PA-Ted Spring Co., Bristol, Conn./Made in U.S.A; Jock Nash, Milliken & Co., Spartanburg, S.C./National Textile Association; Mike Retzer, W.W. Strohwig Tool & Die, Richfield, Wis./ Save America Manufacturing NOW; and Dave Frengel, Penn United Technologies, Cabot, Pa/Manufacturers for Fair Trade.

For additional information or to schedule an interview with Congressman Walter B. Jones please contact Kathleen Joyce at (202) 225-3415.

JOURNAL-CODE: WCAR

LOAD-DATE: June 22, 2005

JP--Thanks and great information you just posted.

Also, I wanted to pass on that in one of my calls today I found one of the Republicans that is supporting CAFTA. Congressman Boustany from Louisiana. Of the 32 that I called today, they were all on the "fence" except for Boustany. I drilled, made them write it all down gave them the Reagan quote and asked them their support to KILL CAFTA...Incinerate It....Wipe It From the Face of the Earth...build a bonfire and burn it.

I also stressed that they should contact me if they need something that is being bartered by this President and asked them not to barter their vote on CAFTA because the President is trying to barter a yes vote on something that is simply wrong for America and should never have gotten this far to begin with.

Then, they asked for my telephone number!!

I'll make more calls tomorrow. They were all saying the "vote" might not be tomorrow but "sometime this week". ????

Dee

List of Fax Numbers for All House and Senate Reps

Here is a link to a website that has a list of all the Fax Numbers for memebers of the House and Senate. Per my research most do not read their emails nor take them seriously. And it can tale 2-3 weeks for letters to get past the additional security screening.

http://www.conservativeusa.org/mega-cong.htm

Happy Faxing!

I just spoke with Rep Charles Taylor's Press Secretary Deborah Potter who said that he is voting NO on CAFTA. He did a radio show that we air on Friday at 9pm on www.wwwnc.com here in NC.

I already posted this story on news articles, so I hope everyone pass it around to everyone on your email lists and do what it says. Call your reps and others as well and get them to publicly say they will vote NO on CAFTA.

If you don’t have your local reps number, let me know and I will send it to you.

Action Alert - CAFTA
    Now In The US House
    By Kent Snyder
    The Liberty Committee
    7-7-5

Although the U.S. Senate approved the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) on June 30th, we still have a real chance to defeat this anti-American swindle in the U.S. House next week. The vote is expected to be extremely close. We must effectively use the limited time we have to convince House members to say "no" to CAFTA.

But it won't be easy. The upcoming vote on CAFTA promises a replay of the mafia-style tactics used to coerce votes from reluctant House members on the Medicare prescription-drug bill. Already, arms are being twisted; deals and pork payoffs are being made (with your tax dollars); political threats have been issued -- and that's only the beginning.

When the 15-minute vote on CAFTA finally takes place, expect the House leadership to hold the vote open for hours if necessary. Remember, the vote on the Medicare bill wasn't even begun until 3:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning, and after the usual 15-minute time limit, the House had rejected the Medicare bill! So the leadership held the vote open for nearly three hours more until a few sleep-deprived, bleary-eyed members could be pressured into changing their votes from "no" to "yes."

We saw our elected "public servants" in action during the Medicare battle. We must be prepared for the same ugly tactics during the CAFTA vote.

Every credible source in Washington agrees: CAFTA will be decided by as little as three or four votes -- just like the Medicare bill was. That means every single member's vote counts and now is a good time for you to act. Why? Because your House member is away from the Washington pressure cooker, back home with you in the district for a week-long recess.

Instead of calling your U.S. representative's D.C. office, call his district office. Press him to publicly announce his opposition to the sovereignty-busting, bogus "free trade" agreement, CAFTA. Better yet, attend a function in your congressional district and speak with him in person.

Remember, CAFTA is NAFTA on steroids. We've had over a decade of costly anti-American decisions made by NAFTA tribunals to know what to expect from CAFTA tribunals. CAFTA will create another layer of unaccountable world elites who will tell America what we can and cannot do.

We will issue more alerts/updates in the precious few days we have before the upcoming vote. For now, take advantage of your representative being at home and urge him to commit to a "no" vote on CAFTA. To find the telephone number of your representative's local district office, go to
    http://capwiz.com/liberty/dbq/officials/ .

To re-read our first informative alert on the hidden dangers of CAFTA, go to
    http://www.thelibertycommittee.org/update06.29.05.htm .

Remember, what you do matters. Your elected representative wants your vote on election day. Offices keep tallies of "for" and "against" comments from constituents -- even if elected representatives don't fully understand the issue, they count the comments. Make your voice heard!

Kent Snyder
    The Liberty Committee
    http://www.thelibertycommittee.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast