Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    The ad has been withdrawn as of Friday April 4th and will not be used in the future
    miguelina wrote:
    [quote:2y4qa3ot]Yes, it ended April 1st and the apology comes too late. Whoever approved this ad in Mexico should have known this would happen, but apparently didn't care?
    So the company's PR department has lied about the ad's withdrawl date?

We need to ask the presidential candidates--will you drink Absolut beverages and ban them from the White House if elected president?

"I'm afraid we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled it with terrible resolve."
    Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto after the attack on Pearl Harbor[/quote:2y4qa3ot]

Is there any way for us to actually CONFIRM that the ad has been pulled? We have been given two separate dates. I think they are just trying to mollify the little kid crying on the playground. I know the emails we were personally sent back, and phone calls, and emails being deleted unread show pure and total contempt for us.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Update: Absolut tries again. I think they are starting t

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Update: Absolut tries again. I think they are starting to get it:

We apologize
    Posted Sunday, April 06, 2008, 7:38:29 PM

During the weekend we have received several comments on the ad published in Mexico. We acknowledge the reactions and debate and want to apologize for the concerns this ad caused. We are truly sorry and understand that the ad has offended several persons. This was not our intention. The ad has been withdrawn as of Friday April 4th and will not be used in the future.

In no way was the ad meant to offend or disparage, or advocate an altering of borders, lend support to any anti-American sentiment, or to reflect immigration issues.

To ensure that we avoid future similar mistakes, we are adjusting our internal advertising approval process for ads that are developed in local markets.

This is a genuine and sincere apology,

By Paula Eriksson, VP Corporate Communications, V&S Absolut Spirits

http://michellemalkin.com/

An American Motto: DON"T TREAD ON ME

(In a previous statement didn't they say the ad had run its course and was ended April 1st?)
    I wonder if maybe the sale of absolut might be falling through? That might be the reason they turned from being pampas donkeys to this so quickly.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

cayla99 wrote:
    I wonder if maybe the sale of absolut might be falling through? That might be the reason they turned from being pampas donkeys to this so quickly

I hope the sale is cancelled and every American who has stock in Absolut sells it tomorrow.

"The world has forgotten what an angry America is like."
    terrorism expert John Thompson, of Toronto's Mackenzie Institute
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, Cayla , they must have lied. I thought I read in one of their responses that this was an old ad that had already been taken down.

I like that one response above that this did not insult individuals - this insulted a nation.

I just get madder about this ad and their responses by the day.

Wonder what the response would have been if they'd done a map of the middle east BEFORE the state of Israel existed?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12