Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That's right, JJ. ONLY ONE PARENT has to be a US CITIZEN.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Only one parent is legally necessary to make the kid an American.
    Illegal alien female seduces American Male to get pregnant; they are not married; American Male doesn't even live in the same town; American Male lives in another state and was just in town on business; she gives birth on US Soil before she and her other 10 illegal kids are found and deported. Now what?

American Male wants some romance but can't find an American Woman to romance with. He seeks out an illegal alien for some "hitchin"; gets her pregnant; she gives birth on US Soil before she and her other 10 illegal kids are found and deported. Now what?

Remember, this is just about anchor babies. If doesn't have anything to do with the normal immigration and naturalization process. Only what doctors do at the hospital on US Soil immediately after birth when the mother is an illegal alien.

To be an American Citizen upon birth on US Soil, either both parents need to be American Citizens or the Mother has to be an American Citizen. In my book, for it to be automatic upon birth, both parents need to be American Citizens.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Do you support birthright citizenship?
    Yes, I do. Although I want the deporation of all illegal aliens, but still believe that acnhor babies aren't illegal aliens. They were born here.

Judy---I KNOW what you are trying to get across and I happen to agree BUT I don't think that's gonna happen, Cap'n! So, maybe the solution for that scenario is to PUNISH the FATHER who impregnated this illegal!

returning_resident--I don't agree with your assertion that, just because they were BORN here, they should be automatic citizens. There again, I apply the "clean hands" rule. The MOTHER is ILLEGAL so she does not have CLEAN HANDS. In order for a court to rule in favor of any person, they must come in with clean hands. So, if they are breaking the law themselves, how can a Judge rule when THEY are the ones filing a complaint??? If a person has been selling drugs, let's say, and then someone assaults them. They go and file charges against whomever beat them up BUT, when they go to court and the Judge hears that the "assaultee" was in the process of selling drugs to this person and, for whatever reason, the "assaulter" wasn't satisfied with the deal so he beat up the drug dealer, I don't believe that the ASSAULTEE has a case! So, the person who got beaten up did not have CLEAN HANDS ergo case should be thrown out of court!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

returning_resident. Then when the mother is deported, the anchor baby goes home with the mother even though the baby is a US Citizen. Right?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

YEP! See--THAT is where they have us! The OBL's use that argument EVERY TIME. "WE CAN'T DEPORT THIS POOR WOMAN AND MAKE HER LEAVE HER BABY HERE" even though SHE has broken the law SO "WE just MUST LET HER STAY TOO".

I don't think you can assault or hurt someone even if the person you assault or harm is committing a felony or a crime. You might choose not to report it because in the course of the investigation it might come out that you were selling drugs and you might be arrested for that--but the judge wouldn't throw the assault case out becasue of it. It would be two separate cases.

Right!! That's the problem we're trying to resolve. They all have to go including the child of the illegal. The child is automatically the citizen of the country of the mother, the same as if that child was born durng a vacation to the US. Children born to immigrants here legally should not be American Citizens because in 1 year or 2 or 6, when the visa expires the parent or parents have to leave and of course would have to take their children with them including any born here.

A friend of mine is an American Citizen but was born on foreign soil when his parents worked overseas. He didn't become a citizen of the foreign country, he is an American Citizen because his parents are American Citizens.

The current Anchor Baby practice is totally absurd and complete nonsense.

No one should automatically become a US Citizen unless they are born to American Citizens whether here on our soil or foreign soil. What dictates your citizenship is the citizenship of your parents.

That might not have been the best example of the Clean Hands rule. Judge Judy and Judge Joe throw cases out all the time because the person filing the charges--CIVIL not CRIMINAL--comes in with UNCLEAN HANDS!!! It would apply more to civil cases than criminal.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast