Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Iowa poll at 2% for Tancredo, but may influence GOP

Iowa poll at 2% for Tancredo
    But he, Gingrich may influence GOP, pollster Zogby says

By M.E. Sprengelmeyer
    The Rocky Mountain News (Denver), January 19, 2007
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/l ... 20,00.html

Rep. Tom Tancredo pulls just 2 percent in the latest Iowa presidential poll, but his sixth-place showing in a crowded field means he has the potential to influence the debate, pollster John Zogby said this week.

Zogby's latest telephone poll in Iowa shows former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani leading the Republican field with 19 percent, followed by Arizona Sen. John McCain, 17 percent; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, of Georgia, 13 percent; Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, 9 percent; former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, 5 percent; Tancredo, 2 percent; Sen. Chuck Hagel, of Nebraska, 2 percent.

The poll, which included Rice even though she has said she has no interest in running, found 22 percent of respondents were 'not sure' of any of the Republican contenders.

'On the Republican side, the two most talked-about candidates are doing well and will fight it out for the support of moderate Republicans and independents,' Zogby said in a Wednesday release.

'But our polling in this race also begs the question: Is Newt Gingrich the choice of the conservative wing?'

Zogby said Gingrich could 'complicate' efforts by Giuliani and McCain to move further to the right, and he also took note of Tancredo, who has become a national lightning rod over his crusade opposing illegal immigration.

'An interesting development can also be found in the 2 percent support for conservative Congressman Tom Tancredo of Colorado,' Zogby said. 'It means that, if nothing else, he and Newt are going to influence the internal debate in the Republican Party.'

Tancredo made his latest scouting trip to Iowa last weekend and on Tuesday morning announced that he is forming an exploratory committee so he can begin fundraising and decide, probably by the summer, whether he will go forward with a longshot run for president.

EDITOR'S NOTE: The Zogby poll is available on line at
    http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1236

Bill O'Reilly told Tancredo he wasn't going to be prez because he doesn't have the money. It will be an uphill battle, but you never know. One of Tancredo biggest obstacle is this nostalgia thing. These are the voters that feel they still have to vote for McCain or these candidates with names just because. It's sickening and is one thing that is wrong with our electoral system. Uninformed, nostalgia voters are bad for our country.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Tancredo just may do better than anyone thinks.

Remember Ross Perot? True, he used his own money but sure had a huge following. Then for some mysterious reason dropped out. I've always been suspicious of that.

Many voters are more informed than they use to be but most of all many people don't trust the big players much. This country is ready for a huge shake-up from the norm. I've never seen people so disgusted with government.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We'll see what O'Reilly knows.
    Back in 1996, Pat Buchanan won the New Hampshire primary. If Tom can get off to a good start, you never know. People want a change. I'll be damned if I'll ever vote for McCain, primary or general election.
    Look at the Democrats in 2004, Howard Dean was on a roll until he shot himself in the foot.............. with a cannon.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

I'd love to see these conservative, closed border minded rich folk get into his corner, or Hunter's corner. That would be VERY helpful.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

April
    TyRANTosaur wrote:

Bill O'Reilly told Tancredo he wasn't going to be prez because he doesn't have the money.
    If all the Tancredo supporters just chipped in $25.00 each for a donation, he would have thousands, maybe millions of dollars in support. That is another thing his supporters can make a huge difference in. We the People have that power if we choose to use it. I have made my donation and feel very good about it!